• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

// let's mega-evolve!

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I could take over, if you like, Alex! Club seems to be fairly new, so hopefully, I won't be having much of a tough time when it comes to managing.

As for Flygon being dragon-bug--it's certainly an interesting concept. Its overall design screams bug in general, so if they had done such a thing, I wouldn't mind at all. Though, it'd be sort of weird, in a way; all of its pre-evolutions were primarily ground, and seeing that change suddenly wouldn't be making much sense. Then again, they're having other Pokémon randomly change sides like this (such as Sceptile turning into dragon), so I suppose it isn't something new.

Also, Plusle and Minun mega-evolution forms would definitely be adorable! Haha. Plus, I believe it'd be a good idea for them to capitalize, as they have sort been portrayed as mini-mascots of Ruby and Sapphire versions when they were still an ongoing thing.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
Ownership transferred to Peitharchia.

The only thing about Flygon having a Bug-type Mega is that the only physical Bug-type moves it has are U-turn, Bug Bite, and Fury Cutter, which aren't all that great honestly to support it's good Attack stat. Now maybe it'll get a Special Attack boost, which then it can use Signal Beam, or maybe they'll give it access to Bug Buzz, which would really be good. Could this really happen, or is it wishful thinking? :P

Years
Seeing a Bug-type Mega Flygon would be very interesting, since it's in the Bug egg group and its evolution line have some relation to being based on insectoid creatures. As Wicked pointed out, I'd like to see it get Bug Buzz in the future so it can have a special-attacking focused Mega and the physical Bug moves it learns aren't that great due to the weak power.

Oh, and well done for stepping up to the ownership Ashley! I always had a feeling you'd be a great leader for this club because you're a natural leader on PC. Can't wait to see what direction you'll take the club in.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
A lot of people seem to have U-Turn in their Flygon moveset, so if it does gain bug as one of its typing, it'll definitely be getting boost in that attack, which, I believe, is a good thing; many of us would likely be appreciating it!

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Within these unannounced megas, which Pokémon are you hoping to see them give a mega-evolution to?

I think a mega dragon would be revealed - so something like Flygon! The bug/dragon typing on its mega would make sense so I'm all for it. :D But based on the demand/popularity of it, I think a mega for it will probably be amongst the unannounced seven.

Perhaps some mega starters as well! I imagine that at least a trio of starters would be amongst the lot but maybe not. So that leaves three more which I'm guessing would either be Hoenn or Hoenn-based pokemon. Maybe Plusle and Minun as stated before with a Mega Mightyena? I'm taking a wild guess here honestly but it'd seem fit to create a mega for one of the first-route pokemon. =P

Wicked3DS

Years
Within these unannounced megas, which Pokémon are you hoping to see them give a mega-evolution to?

I think a mega dragon would be revealed - so something like Flygon! The bug/dragon typing on its mega would make sense so I'm all for it. :D But based on the demand/popularity of it, I think a mega for it will probably be amongst the unannounced seven.

Perhaps some mega starters as well! I imagine that at least a trio of starters would be amongst the lot but maybe not. So that leaves three more which I'm guessing would either be Hoenn or Hoenn-based pokemon. Maybe Plusle and Minun as stated before with a Mega Mightyena? I'm taking a wild guess here honestly but it'd seem fit to create a mega for one of the first-route pokemon. =P

Ya know, they do like toying with the emotions of players, so that would be a good possibility. As for a starter set, wasn't it possible to obtain a Johto starter in Emerald after completing the Hoenn Dex? If it's gonna be a starter set, I would have to think it would be that one.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
If they are to introduce more starter mega-evolutions, I hope that they only do it with one of three, similarly to how it was done with Blaziken and Charizard last time around based on popularity and whatnot. This would save us slots for other megas, and also give us feeling of excitement as to how their partnering starters would look if they were to gain some mega-form at some point in future, if you know what I mean! Of course, excitement and suspense are always there, but things like this could certainly help boost.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
I was thinking along the Johto starters as well! Going from Kanto to Hoenn and then jumping to fourth gen wouldn't feel right. It's also a valid point that they were actually obtainable in the original games while the next gen hadn't been released or mentioned/ =P

They'd honestly just release all of the starters mega forms regardless of whether it's too many mega forms or not. Giving one out of three starters a mega form and then neglecting the other two would be very strange, per se. A better thing to do would probably be to wait between revelations such as with ORAS and the Hoenn starters so that plenty of megas can be created in between. Though I guess that's what you just said so... yeah. XD Anyway, I think they should stray away from the 'fire starter first' sort of theme and next time aim for the revelation of a mega water or grass starter. Either one would be fine!

Wicked3DS

Years
I was thinking along the Johto starters as well! Going from Kanto to Hoenn and then jumping to fourth gen wouldn't feel right. It's also a valid point that they were actually obtainable in the original games while the next gen hadn't been released or mentioned/ =P

They'd honestly just release all of the starters mega forms regardless of whether it's too many mega forms or not. Giving one out of three starters a mega form and then neglecting the other two would be very strange, per se. A better thing to do would probably be to wait between revelations such as with ORAS and the Hoenn starters so that plenty of megas can be created in between. Though I guess that's what you just said so... yeah. XD Anyway, I think they should stray away from the 'fire starter first' sort of theme and next time aim for the revelation of a mega water or grass starter. Either one would be fine!

Keep in mind they gave out a Torchic with a Blazikenite at the X/Y release, so they could do the same with a Johto starter. Personally, I want it to be Feraligatr or Typhlosion, since I don't much like Meganium. I doubt they'd do Sinnoh just because it would be weird to skip Gen II.

Also, I would like to see Mega Crobat among those 7 unannounced Megas. Just thought of it now how cool that would be.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Along with all Pokémon that have previously been mentioned, I also believe Milotic could be one of the seven. First and foremost is, this Pokémon is very popular among fans, and as they usually give mega-evolution out judging by popularity and awareness, it'd be sort of silly to not be capitalizing on the opportunity with this one. Second, it's native to Hoenn. If it's native, why not give this Pokémon little more attention?

Me--I would love it! Am a huge fan of Milotic, and have been hoping to see some mega form for it alongside many other fans. Its counterpart has one, so it would make sense if it had gotten one as well sooner rather than later. Appearance-wise, I could imagine it to grow a little more long, perhaps, and become slightly more colorful to add more beauty.

I could imagine Mega-Milotic to be turning into fairy-type, somehow, mostly due to its appearance. Plus, Mega-Gyarados, who would be its counter, is dark, so if its typing were opposite--fairy--I'm sure majority of us would be able to accept it more easily. As far as stats go, I'm wishing to see this Pokémon gain boost in defenses, perhaps, as well as HP; this way, we'd be able to utilize it better as wall.

Wicked3DS

Years
I could imagine Mega-Milotic to be turning into fairy-type, somehow, mostly due to its appearance. Plus, Mega-Gyarados, who would be its counter, is dark, so if its typing were opposite--fairy--I'm sure majority of us would be able to accept it more easily.

I see how this could happen based on appearance, but right now Milotic can't learn any Fairy-type moves, so unfortunately it's highly unlikely.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I see how this could happen based on appearance, but right now Milotic can't learn any Fairy-type moves, so unfortunately it's highly unlikely.

Ah, that's a good point. Though, I believe they could still add some fairy-type attacks to its arsenal in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, if they choose, haha. They do like keeping remakes resembling to their original games as closely as possible, but I don't necessarily feel that this would affect their plot at all, so it probably won't be much of an issue, hopefully. Even if they don't, I suppose they could still have its mega-evolution form turn into fairy for now, and implement moves relating to the type later on?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 2, 2020
I believe if the trend continues then they should have the next starter to have a Dragon mega evolution be feraligator. They already have charizard and Sceptile, so it seems possible.

Wicked3DS

Years
I believe if the trend continues then they should have the next starter to have a Dragon mega evolution be feraligator. They already have charizard and Sceptile, so it seems possible.

This. I would love this so much, especially since Feraligatr is one of my favorite starters of all.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Yeah, it does seem possible. After this is done, we'll have one fire, water, and grass starter (which are all from different generations), combined with dragon-typing; that would be a pretty cool combination.

Of Mega-Charizard X and Mega-Sceptile, I'd say I'm currently a bigger fan of latter. Charizard X is great, but one thing I don't like about it so much is its color-scheme; too me, black and blue seems to be quite random, considering that all its pre-evolved forms were orange and khaki. If it had kept the same scheme (and perhaps allowed its shiny mode be its current color), things would've been a lot better, I believe.

Mega-Sceptile looks very promising in my eyes. Even though it was built primarily four double-battles in terms of competitive, I still feel that it could do some good on its own. Plus, Sceptile does seem sort of like a dragon, and them finally making it a full-fledged one does make sense to me.

Wicked3DS

Years
Yeah, it does seem possible. After this is done, we'll have one fire, water, and grass starter (which are all from different generations), combined with dragon-typing; that would be a pretty cool combination.

Of Mega-Charizard X and Mega-Sceptile, I'd say I'm currently a bigger fan of latter. Charizard X is great, but one thing I don't like about it so much is its color-scheme; too me, black and blue seems to be quite random, considering that all its pre-evolved forms were orange and khaki. If it had kept the same scheme (and perhaps allowed its shiny mode be its current color), things would've been a lot better, I believe.

Mega-Sceptile looks very promising in my eyes. Even though it was built primarily four double-battles in terms of competitive, I still feel that it could do some good on its own. Plus, Sceptile does seem sort of like a dragon, and them finally making it a full-fledged one does make sense to me.

Who cares about color scheme when you've got this kind of power:

Mega Sceptile is pretty cool though, I must say, but nothing tops my Charizard X.

Years
  • Age 29
  • home
  • Seen Aug 16, 2023
i'd never really considered Mega Flygon as a Bug type, but i guess it kinda fits, seeing as how it's based off an antlion... and since Garchomp kinda took over as Dragon/Ground master anyway, i guess it'll be fine if Mega Flygon gets a different typing.
as for Mega Milotic, it better get a Fairy typing! i mean look at it - it SCREAMS Water Fairy! though i guess it really only learns water-type attack moves... maybe Pixilate would help it out a little.

Mega Sceptile is definitely my favourite Dragon starter, it's the coolest! although i have to say sometimes when i look at it, it reminds me of a christmas tree sometimes...
( ´ ▽ ` )ゞ

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Now that you mention it, it does sort of seem to resemble a Christmas tree! Haha. Though, I can't say it's a bad thing; I believe this would help making it more easy for younger audience to accept this particular Pokémon.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
My friend said the exact same thing about Mega Sceptile. Coincidence? =P

I'd love a Mega Milotic! I don't think it matters if it doesn't have any fairy type moves on it since its appearance makes up for it. The only other type I could possibly see it being would be psychic or dragon but that's a more unlikely choice. I think it's just the general beauty/elegance + a vibe of fairy that sort of pops out from it. So yeah, let's go get ourselves a Mega Milotic! ... eventually. ;v;

It's highly likely that a mega would be created for it in the near future though. It's just one of those vibes a person gets from looking at it. :D

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Yep, I totally agree with all of those points!

Along with Mega-Milotic and Flygon, I believe it would be sweet if one of those seven unannounced mega-evolutions were revolving around Swellow. Swellow might not be very popular in itself, but it did play a pretty important role in anime (being one of Ash's go-to Pokémon and whatnot in Advanced Generation series), which sort of implies that they do have a bit of intention to see this Pokémon succeed.

If they were to introduce Mega-Swellow, I believe this would finally give it some more publicity, so to speak. After changing form, it would be gaining stats boost as well as change to ability, which, hopefully, would likely make it more easy to utilize when it comes to competitive. With some attack addition to its move-pool alongside, all should be well!

Back