• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Ruby hack: Pokémon SkyLine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016

Then you are pretty awesome... for being able to pickup non-existing item.
What do you mean? It restores 120 HP at once. :P

No, I mixed up two items, I meant to say either Hyper Potion (3%) or Ultra Ball (5%). I just merged the wrong words together and that's what came out. Though a Hyper Ball would be cool. Stronger than an Ultra Ball, mayhaps?

Cyclone

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
In the topic of ordinary trainers carrying healing items.
Reason why they carry them is 'cause I like the fact that they heal their PKMN. It kinda gives me a more challenging feel.

They only carry two healing items. Should carrying only one be okay?
Or should I really remove them completely? =/

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Some Trainers should be able to heal. However, EVERY Trainer should not be able to heal. Keep in mind some Pokémon can heal themselves, too, but don't make that the determining factor for who should be able to heal. As I noted earlier, if I bring up a Fire type against a Chikorita and roast it with a super-effective move, the Trainer skipping a turn will simply cause an identical effect on that second turn after I roast it again. There is nothing gained and it's a waste of a bunch of PP if every Trainer is able to do it. There's no challenge, just annoyance.

Perhaps I can give the hack a playing when taking breaks from Emerald (hey, I have to grow some Berries after all) and I might be able to give you some guidance on where healing would be an interesting challenge or otherwise makes sense.

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
By using walk through walls, i found a place on route 3-b where you can infinitely catch a lvl 10 zapdos. I still can't find the event where you can get rock smash! SOME ONE TELL ME!!!

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Feedback: *I played the buggy "lv10" version and I haven't seen any glitches this far though. Didn't check whether there is already an update for it out or not.

I also think it was annoying that every single trainer healed their pokemon with potions and the fact that gym leaders have plenty of them was even more annoying...

What I'm going to come with it is the fact that in original pokemon games, you're let to believe that you will defeat the enemy with your next move, whether would it be a Quick Attack or something else but instead you've to watch the trainer heal up its pokemon again, battle it till the end and watch it heal again...
Two healing items for each trainer is way more than enough, I think it would be good if each trainer would be carrying one item for instance which could also be a status healing item (and yet not Full Heal so they wouldn't use it all the time either).

And more critique to come...

The fact that trainers become stronger after each gym and can be re-battled again (I just thought it could work this way because I only beat the first leader and quitted because didn't like the to play because of how trainers work.) is one unique feature but I didn't like it. Especially seeing after the first gym, I was no match to another gym leader which I thought I would be able to beat now. And the motivation to continue playing was even lower as I simply thought that after beating this gym leader, I still have to grind and re-battle these trainers over and over again until I can beat the 3rd gym leader which has probably gotten a lot stronger too after the 2nd gym.

Or might also put it this way; the fact that you can re-battle the trainers is a nice feature but it doesn't really work in the way you implemented because the beginning of the hack until beating the 3rd gym leader is full of annoyance if you really have to pull it off the way I believe it had to be done.

Overall, the story was okay and the game has nice graphics. I also liked how the game started out until I reached that town where the ship was supposed to take off. That's all I can say for the positive things though :\

For fixing this up, I'd suggest a significant difficulty drop. So basically, after you've beaten the first gym leader, the trainers could be re-battled again but wouldn't have changed much (or at all) and same for the gym leaders, their pokemon could have been gone up by a level or at maximum, two.

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
For fixing this up, I'd suggest a significant difficulty drop. So basically, after you've beaten the first gym leader, the trainers could be re-battled again but wouldn't have changed much (or at all) and same for the gym leaders, their pokemon could have been gone up by a level or at maximum, two.
Suddenly not sure I'll playtest this based on the rest of your post, but regarding this, Trainers after a Gym battle still have weaker Pokémon (though not by much) compared to a Gym Leader. So in that sense, increasing other Trainers' levels to 2-4 Levels under the leader's might not be a bad idea. Of course, it's always possible to miss a battle with a Trainer, meaning the first encounter you have with them could be a stronger form.

Cyclone

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Suddenly not sure I'll playtest this based on the rest of your post, but regarding this, Trainers after a Gym battle still have weaker Pokémon (though not by much) compared to a Gym Leader. So in that sense, increasing other Trainers' levels to 2-4 Levels under the leader's might not be a bad idea. Of course, it's always possible to miss a battle with a Trainer, meaning the first encounter you have with them could be a stronger form.
The issue was more like the fact that trainers don't have to be battled yet you still have to face all of them and probably do some grinding while at it till you're ready for the next gym. And after this is done, repeat the same thing once again.

If the levels of trainers increased by a level after the first gym, the pokemon of gym leaders could increase by two levels for instance and same thing after the second gym. That way, you wouldn't have to repeat the same things over and over again.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
By using walk through walls, i found a place on route 3-b where you can infinitely catch a lvl 10 zapdos. I still can't find the event where you can get rock smash! SOME ONE TELL ME!!!
Lol... level 10 Zappy xD Me gusta xD
Rock Smash is available throughout the mentioned event.
If it doesn't work for you, you have missed something.

Though a Hyper Ball would be cool. Stronger than an Ultra Ball, mayhaps?
Hyper Ball actually IS Ultra Ball ;)
Ultra Ball is just American thingy. Japanese version has Haippa Booru which is Hyper Ball.

Oh man, how I hate deleting your name... :/ Could you stop it? It's pretty annoying deleting it everytime :/

What I'm going to come with it is the fact that in original pokemon games, you're let to believe that you will defeat the enemy with your next move, whether would it be a Quick Attack or something else but instead you've to watch the trainer heal up its pokemon again, battle it till the end and watch it heal again...
Then use that Quick Attack.
Let's have a situation.

Charizard vs Venusaur
Charizard uses Flamethrower
Venusaur uses whatever
Venusaur has red HP
Charizard uses Scratch/Slash/whatever weak to finish it.
Trainer heals Venusaur
Now Venusaur has HP that can be killed with Flamethrower
Charizard uses F-T, end.

Where's the waste of PP?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
The issue was more like the fact that trainers don't have to be battled yet you still have to face all of them and probably do some grinding while at it till you're ready for the next gym. And after this is done, repeat the same thing once again.

If the levels of trainers increased by a level after the first gym, the pokemon of gym leaders could increase by two levels for instance and same thing after the second gym. That way, you wouldn't have to repeat the same things over and over again.
I'd almost prefer that the levels of Trainers only went up after finishing the first three Gyms, since it's really a choice of three Gyms right at the start. If someone does the super grinding needed to challenge the highest leveled first, the others would become a piece of cake. Very unbecoming of a Pokémon game.

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2016
So i found a bug...
Ralts was lvl 10 before the fight with the leader of Twinkle town and got KO'ed in the battle which I still won. In the next fight ralts won i saw no visible amount of xp being added so i checked its status and its xp needed to the next level was: 317718705.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
So i found a bug...
Ralts was lvl 10 before the fight with the leader of Twinkle town and got KO'ed in the battle which I still won. In the next fight ralts won i saw no visible amount of xp being added so i checked its status and its xp needed to the next level was: 317718705.
And here we go again...
DJG knows everything about level 10 bug...
He's redoing this hack on new ROM to prevent this bug from happening.

Years
Why does everyone use Ralts Lmfao?
Eevee can only turn into Espeon and Umbreon cuz there are no Evolution stones
The BETA goes till the 6th gym and Umbreon is almost useless under the level 40
This beta almost forces you to pick Espeon since it has more use than Umbreon so far.

You cant get Toxic nor the other stalling/crippling TMs etc.
so running a tankish Umbreon would be useless in this beta...

SO WAY IS EVERYBODY SO GAY WITH RALTS???

PS
i'm just forever alone because I never found a Ralts :(

mavy42

I'm back, broz :)
Years
made a banner for this awesome hack. hope you like it!

HTML:
[URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=284906"][IMG]http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o627/mavy42/banners%2032/skyline.png[/IMG][/URL]
btw, first person to make fanbar for you! hehehe!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back