• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music This song would be perfect if it wasn't for...

Cordeline

7th Horizon: Märchen
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Nov 12, 2021
Do you ever discover a song that you love, but can't absolutely love it due to a small detail?

I discovered this song a few days ago:

And I love the instrumentation! The choir is beautiful and their use of an orchestra is amazing. Mix it with this kind of rock and it sounds veeeery beautiful.

BUT... the vocals! >.< I HATE this kind of vocals. I wish they were "stronger", maybe leaning towards the tenor-ish side. I don't like it when boys sing with such high pitched vocals.

Even then I have been listening to this non stop hahahaha.

Another thing I hate is when songs have generic guitar solos. Makes me feel like they insert them to show they can play fast and complex riffs. Power metal songs are usually guilty of this.

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
What does it mean to love a song but not absolutely love it?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Yea, I get you. There are plenty of songs where I really find the vocals to be the problem haha. I'm kind of thinking that many times, the music is best without it ^^

Can't think of a specific example at the moment though.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
One I've just thought of cause I got lost in a Wikipedia hole for an hour (which I hate, because everything's so interesting and then my brain has no space for uni knowledge) and ended up on the Beverly Hills Cop page, but do you guys remember Crazy Frog? How it ended up with a hit single?

Can't get YouTube embed to work so link Here. (Anyone who understands them feel free to message me on how to do it because I remember putting that video on my profile also took about an hour to figure out).

Anyway, the Crazy Frog is incredibly irritating - that's why kids (including me at the time) all loved it, but now all I can think is how much better it would be to be able to have just the modernised Axel Foley theme available. So that's definitely something where the lyrics are the problem.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
There are soo many songs that have amazing background tracks, and then horrible lyrics. I cringe when I hear certain words that I don't like, and unfourtunatly those words tend to be super common in music (or at least the stuff my mom listens to xD)

Years
Anyone remember Toxic? It's actually a really well made song... but Britney Spears sings it therefor it is shit regardless.

No more recent examples come to mind right now lol.

Xherdan

Bad at Good Games
Years
I love Lost in Time by Celldweller but the lyrics are stupid

And Into Your Heart by Trevor Something but i'm slowly starting to love this part

"I know that love has let you jaded
And that's why you're here getting wasted
Let's go to your place and get naked
Now spread your legs and let me taste it"

Gabri

m8
Years
Nevermore's "The River Dragon Has Come". Because of the lyrics. They don't rhyme most of the time, they break in weird places, and don't seem to fit with the melody of the music.

The instrumental is great, and the guitar solo is one of the best I've heard, but the vocal part throws me off.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
Anyone remember Toxic? It's actually a really well made song... but Britney Spears sings it therefor it is shit regardless.

No more recent examples come to mind right now lol.

The production on Toxic is fantastic, the album itself, honestly. That whole album was the first time her team had made her a standout entity rather solely a product, something which was sadly undermined after the mental health problems and what not made them decide to play it safe after Blackout happened. It's a shame, really. She'd probably have a higher reputation than she does now if they followed the path they set with Toxic :/

Years
The production on Toxic is fantastic, the album itself, honestly. That whole album was the first time her team had made her a standout entity rather solely a product, something which was sadly undermined after the mental health problems and what not made them decide to play it safe after Blackout happened. It's a shame, really. She'd probably have a higher reputation than she does now if they followed the path they set with Toxic :/

But it would still be Brittney.

Back