• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Yellow hack: Evo-Yellow - All Pokemon Follow, Evolve Pikachu, catchable 250+ pokemon, alt. Minimalist 151 vers and Eevee/Meowth Starter Versions

If I made a spin-off version with a different 1-evo pokemon starter, which would you want most?

• Meowth (I strongly lean this way because Team Rocket had following Meowth/ kitty is cute.)

Votes: 123 25.8%
  • Magikarp (might be hard to draw emotions... I mean, it's a fish)

Votes: 53 11.1%
  • Vulpix

Votes: 91 19.1%
  • Eevee - with one Happiness evo only, alas; other evos in wild. Rival has other Eevee evo or Pikachu.

Votes: 185 38.8%
  • Other (Light, black, or Pikachu-similar palettes preferred so I don't have to mess with it >_>)

Votes: 25 5.2%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 19, 2022
Oh boy, you sure have been missing out on something!

Also, this idea may sound a bit crazy, but you could move evolutions like Rhyperior, Electivire, and Magmortar to spots beyond 201, since they're not going to be in the wild anyway. And then move the likes of Phanpy and Gligar to spots between 151 and 201.

Actually, that sounds quite doable. A little bit of a pain, but easy to do. Maybe I'll do the entire Johto dex after all.
Still run into the 'wild is beginning to get crowded' issue, however it's not an immediate issue.

Well, I'll prioritize Munchlax, Bonsly, Mantyke, (I think they'd make good prizes, since you don't normally expect to find baby pokemon in wild), move Phanpy, Teddiursa and Gligar into the wild, and do maybe Mareep, Hoppip, Natu, and see how it is. I don't like to the do the 'make every pokemon in an area super rare' thing too much, although I could if needed. There are still a few routes I haven't touched too much I think, and a bunch with duplicate pokemon - I don't think anyone would mind if Ratatta disappeared from a lot of routes.

Years
  • Seen Aug 28, 2023
This game looks awesome! Raichu is my favorite Pokemon I can't wait to play this.

Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
I've been meaning to play this hack for a while, as for new one evo pokemon I'd definitely say Meowth, it would.make it easier for a team rocket hack (I'd even be willing to help with emotion frames). As for your type changes I notice you said many are based on Alola forms, if you're willing to update to gen II style sprites (easily done) all of the Alolan forms are on Skeetendo already made by myself and Pia/Kuruko, it would make sense to change forms to match types.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 19, 2022
updates

Alright, new update everyone! Check out multiple shiny forms! I thought it would be unique for pokemon to have multiple shiny variants. Right now the 4 colors are a bit random (I just re-use existing palettes by shifting the shiny pokemon's palette forward by some DV decided value), but I could alter it I think so every pokemon has, say, a pink, blue, green, yellow, black/gray, red, and purple variant. Would people be interested in that?

I also, due to the fact it is now weak Sunkern you find early instead of Tangela, nerfed Brock a lot, giving him Zubat and lowering levels, but he's still fairly tough.

Are TM's infinite?

No, I will consider doing that - it isn't something I've figured out how to do yet, if anyone knows how. It probably just involves going in and finding where the function tells the TM to delete itself, and doing some kind of check to make sure you don't buy a bazillion...
In the meantime, I will consider just making TMs really, really cheap? Would that be a decent alternative? I think that might be more fun than one super-expensive TM you just buy once, but maybe it would make things too easy, idk.

This game looks awesome! Raichu is my favorite Pokemon I can't wait to play this.

Thank you.

I've been meaning to play this hack for a while, as for new one evo pokemon I'd definitely say Meowth, it would.make it easier for a team rocket hack (I'd even be willing to help with emotion frames). As for your type changes I notice you said many are based on Alola forms, if you're willing to update to gen II style sprites (easily done) all of the Alolan forms are on Skeetendo already made by myself and Pia/Kuruko, it would make sense to change forms to match types.

Yeah, I was definitely leaning Meowth, especially since many of the people voting 'other' aren't bother to comment what the heck they mean by it! And also, it would be nice to have a team rocket hack. Would mean I'd have to put it up on Github for people but I was planning on that anyway. If I had help with emotion frames that would make it go even quicker; the coding part is honestly extremely simple, it's the emotions that take the most time here.

I have updated to Gen 2 sprites already actually, so, hmm, I guess I should change forms! I hadn't realized (or forgot) we had devamps for all of them, honestly. That would be quite cool, I'll do that next update if I remember. And then when I do a normal type version I'll vamp them back to normal Kanto form. ^_^

Here are my shiny modifications to the original shiny code, if anyone wants to mimic multiple shine forms:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Alright, new update everyone! Check out multiple shiny forms! I thought it would be unique for pokemon to have multiple shiny variants. Right now the 4 colors are a bit random (I just re-use existing palettes by shifting the shiny pokemon's palette forward by some DV decided value), but I could alter it I think so every pokemon has, say, a pink, blue, green, yellow, black/gray, red, and purple variant. Would people be interested in that?

I also, due to the fact it is now weak Sunkern you find early instead of Tangela, nerfed Brock a lot, giving him Zubat and lowering levels, but he's still fairly tough.

No, I will consider doing that - it isn't something I've figured out how to do yet, if anyone knows how. It probably just involves going in and finding where the function tells the TM to delete itself, and doing some kind of check to make sure you don't buy a bazillion...
In the meantime, I will consider just making TMs really, really cheap? Would that be a decent alternative? I think that might be more fun than one super-expensive TM you just buy once, but maybe it would make things too easy, idk.

Thank you.

Yeah, I was definitely leaning Meowth, especially since many of the people voting 'other' aren't bother to comment what the heck they mean by it! And also, it would be nice to have a team rocket hack. Would mean I'd have to put it up on Github for people but I was planning on that anyway. If I had help with emotion frames that would make it go even quicker; the coding part is honestly extremely simple, it's the emotions that take the most time here.

I have updated to Gen 2 sprites already actually, so, hmm, I guess I should change forms! I hadn't realized (or forgot) we had devamps for all of them, honestly. That would be quite cool, I'll do that next update if I remember. And then when I do a normal type version I'll vamp them back to normal Kanto form. ^_^

Here are my shiny modifications to the original shiny code, if anyone wants to mimic multiple shine forms:
Spoiler:

The shiny function is an interesting idea, Rangi is doing a similar thing for Polished Crystal but more subtle and for normal mons. Though to be honest I feel Rangi's is more natural. Though if you were to change to colour set shinies like you say that would be great! Reminiscent of the pink mons in the anime almost.

I hadn't realized you had already updated to gen II sprites. We currently have nearly all front sprites from 1-7 (minus some gen 7 pokes) and virtually all form/es. And I would estimate 60/70% of back sprites. Gen I-III backs are done with many of 4-7 on the way or already done. If there's anything needed though let me know.

More than willing to help with emotions once you're sure which pokemon you're settled on!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 19, 2022
The shiny function is an interesting idea, Rangi is doing a similar thing for Polished Crystal but more subtle and for normal mons. Though to be honest I feel Rangi's is more natural. Though if you were to change to colour set shinies like you say that would be great! Reminiscent of the pink mons in the anime almost.

I hadn't realized you had already updated to gen II sprites. We currently have nearly all front sprites from 1-7 (minus some gen 7 pokes) and virtually all form/es. And I would estimate 60/70% of back sprites. Gen I-III backs are done with many of 4-7 on the way or already done. If there's anything needed though let me know.

More than willing to help with emotions once you're sure which pokemon you're settled on!
Yeah, I noticed Rangi's right after I posted this thread, lawl. And yes, I was thinking of the pink mons actually.

Alright, I'll do Meowth then. :3 If only I knew how to close the dang poll. >_>

Years
  • Age 28
  • Online now
Glad to see another update to this hack after so long! Although I've got one more typing suggestion, maybe two, which I can't believe I didn't come up with earlier. You could make Mismagius Ghost/Fairy, since it looks and acts like a witch, and it'd give it a niche over Gengar.

Also, why did you make the Kabuto line Water/Ground? I thought the Rock type made sense on them, since they're fossils. I'd prefer them as Rock/Water types (or Rock/Bug, even though you gave Sudowoodo that typing).

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 19, 2022
Glad to see another update to this hack after so long! Although I've got one more typing suggestion, maybe two, which I can't believe I didn't come up with earlier. You could make Mismagius Ghost/Fairy, since it looks and acts like a witch, and it'd give it a niche over Gengar.

Also, why did you make the Kabuto line Water/Ground? I thought the Rock type made sense on them, since they're fossils. I'd prefer them as Rock/Water types (or Rock/Bug, even though you gave Sudowoodo that typing).

Mismagius is pure ghost, it and its prevo are the only ones, it already has a niche. But you do have a point about Kabuto.

Kabuto I made water/ground to make it tougher (And at the time, to give the game a water/ground type), but, I suppose since I have Wooper in the game now (and have for awhile) I could put it back. Some fossils do get saturated with mud if they get contaminated / aren't in pure condition, though, so it's actually not that far-fetch'd it would be ground instead. But again, I can put it back, since you prefer it that way.

Anyway, speaking of typing, I was reading Skeetendo and apparently they say water/flying is completely wasted on Mantine/Mantyke, so I'm thinking of changing their typing to part dark instead, to make them stronger. And then, I think I may add Octillery also, and make it fire/water for the lolz. Sound good?

And enjoy some sprites (base part of it kudos Dannye-33) for alternate follows. People can use them as long as they credit both of us. I thought people might enjoy a preview of what the Meowth-follow game will look like.

Attachments

• meowth.png
    meowth.png
    613 bytes · Views: 207
  • persian.png
    persian.png
    577 bytes · Views: 208
  • eevee.png
    eevee.png
    519 bytes · Views: 207
Years
  • Age 28
  • Online now
I'm all for Fire/Water Octillery, but I'd rather have Mantyke and Mantine as Water/Flying types. Water/Dark may remove the x4 Electric weakness, but it gives them more weaknesses in return.

Years
  • Age 33
  • NY
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
Mantyke and Mantine don't look Dark at all, though. They look happy and unaggressive, and they help out Remoraid, which doesn't seem very Evil (yes, あくタイプ aku taipu means Evil-type). I can't think of a more appropriate dual type for them; how about making them pure Water type? (Since some canon pure Water-types got dual types that make more sense, having at least one pure example of each type would be nice.)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 19, 2022
Mantyke and Mantine don't look Dark at all, though. They look happy and unaggressive, and they help out Remoraid, which doesn't seem very Evil (yes, あくタイプ aku taipu means Evil-type). I can't think of a more appropriate dual type for them; how about making them pure Water type? (Since some canon pure Water-types got dual types that make more sense, having at least one pure example of each type would be nice.)

I'm all for Fire/Water Octillery, but I'd rather have Mantyke and Mantine as Water/Flying types. Water/Dark may remove the x4 Electric weakness, but it gives them more weaknesses in return.
Are you saying evil can't look happy and innocent? : P

Okay okay. Alright, I guess I won't make them part dark, since it doesn't suit them very well. Maybe I'll go pure Water like Rangi said.

And I'mma post the Unfinished Meowth Version (technically playable) here shortly. It'll be basically the same as this, just with Meowth, since adding on Meowth or replacing Pikachu with anything really coding wise is incredibly easy (I detailed how to in my tutorial already). Idk if it should get its own thread.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 19, 2022
Meowth faces for Bloodless to ref, and for others to critique if they want. Also, a small patch for the Meowth follow game. I warn most of the emotion sprites right now are either pikachus or a bit hideous. :P

Since this is technically an update-foo the double post is allowed.

The last one is more modern Nintendo style, which I won't refuse if you make, but is more difficult to line up the animations on, just as a warning. Although I am using Nintendo backsprite for the very first emotion animation since it's so convenient for Meowth's back.

I haven't done any Persian yet.

Attachments

• unknown_e6cdf.png
    unknown_e6cdf.png
    406 bytes · Views: 189
  • unknown_e61b0.png
    unknown_e61b0.png
    471 bytes · Views: 185
  • unknown_e6020.png
    unknown_e6020.png
    458 bytes · Views: 185
  • unknown_e4000.png
    unknown_e4000.png
    551 bytes · Views: 185
  • pokemeowth.ips
    458.4 KB · Views: 2
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 11, 2018
Just a small bug

Moon stone is consumed when used on shiny Gligar but it doesn't evolve.
Enjoying it so far!

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
as unlikely as the vote is by now I voted other for starter choices. Though getting an Eevee sounds just as good in the end.

EDIT: Major issue, cycing road is so dang buggy its impossible to get through.

Also what level, if it does get it based on the original post, does the bulbasaur line learn Slu

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 19, 2022
Sorry about the wait. My internet died for a long while, and I wasn't able to access any of the pokemon data I meant to add (like for Mantine/Mantyke), just the stuff I already had on my comp. However, I still got a lot of stuff done without it; it motivated me to do that All Pokemon Follow I'd been meaning to try and it turned out to be more compatible with Pikachu's happiness and evolving by it than I thought it would be! So, both in one game now.
The sprites /are/ fairly limited, so lots of pokemon of the same type share sprites.

Hey!

I don't suppose you've buffed Pikachu and Raichu's stats, have you? It'd make keeping a Pikachu around viable late-game without the need of overleveling. If you decide to do this, I suggest you give Pikachu Raichu's stats and buff Raichu just a little bit.

Thanks!

I did buff them slightly.

Just a small bug

Moon stone is consumed when used on shiny Gligar but it doesn't evolve.
Enjoying it so far!

Oh, I found the error; it was a small typo. For some reason, Gamefreak makes you specify how many moon stones you need to give the pokemon to make it evolve, and I forgot to put '1' there. Will put the fix in the game shortly.

as unlikely as the vote is by now I voted other for starter choices. Though getting an Eevee sounds just as good in the end.

EDIT: Major issue, cycing road is so dang buggy its impossible to get through.

Also what level, if it does get it based on the original post, does the bulbasaur line learn Slu

Well, other starters are now much more viable, and maybe you will find this just as good - you see, I just altered the game so ALL pokemon will follow. Only Pikachu and Raichu get the special pikachu/raichu-face sprites atm with exceptions for special events like Bill and Jigglypuff. So if you really want, you can dump Pikachu and pick up a different mon as your 'starter' and they'll follow too now!

The other pokemon have their own happiness system, which currently is tied to how many HP UPs they can take (not the best system, but it works); I'm probably going to end up tweaking it.

Bulbasaur was supposed to learn Sludge, but that must have gotten overwritten in one of the newer versions by accident. x_X Will fix soon along with the gligar error.

Cycling road being buggy I will try to fix a little later; unfortunately I never spent the time to actually try and beat my own game, since I restarted so much to test new features. In the meantime, it should be viable to simply beat the game by going the other way. If need be, I will revert the bike to normal bikespeed. x_X

edit: Alright, fixed, I just had to revert changes to the bike. I guess I sped it up too much. :P

In addition, in the latest patch I also have Raichu voices, finally! No more Raichu saying 'pikachu' when you unleash it in battle or when looking up its status screen.

Last edited:

Chu2Bomb

i taunt after every kill
Years
Why is Pikachu weird colors? Also for some reason Pikachu's cry is very long and glitchy. Other than that its good so far.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
ooh nice extra feature for raichu nice! And thanks for getting to the cycling road matter so quickly

darthbr

Banned
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
I would like to play the version without modified types (like Marwoak is ghost/ground), i want like the original, is that possible?

2- take out the different colors for pokemons

(a normal patch with new features)... im in love with this game, im waiting for a reply! thanks

---
i downloaded the game, but pikachus cry is glitchy and very long, it makes the game unplayable :( i really want to play

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Dec 18, 2019
are you adding any events, for example Pikachu hiding in ghost tower out of fear, any new areas, new text?

Back