• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2016
Herp I'm not even your age so I haven't taken any languages yet.
And nope, I don't speak Spanish, but I can look on bulbapedia and stuff for spanish Pokemon item and move names. Thanks.

Years
Help :/
My VBA will display gameboy advance games in full color.
But gameboy color games are only in black and white :(
The only gbc game it plays in full color is PKMN Yellow T-T

It's just for casual play, but it's not as enjoyable in black and white :/ especially when even the original was in at least some color.
<_<
EDIT:
nvm...
I feel stupid now..
I just had to associate the file type to vba....
excuse me while I facepalm myself while simultaneously shooting myself in the foot...

Crocky

SuperScarlet!
Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2020
I'm getting back into rom hacking and I'd like to know if its possible to do this now.
In FireRed can you make trainer classes have different battle themes, such as adding a theme to the team rocket class, and can you change the trainer encounter themes? If so can someone give me a tutorial link or explination on how to do it?

Also, how do I get the script tiles in advance map to work?
I want to make a script that prevents the player from leaving the starting town and moving the player back a step, with a NPC saying that you need to do somthing first. This should happen until a flag is set.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2014
Hi everyone,

I've a question: how can i change the rivals name in my hack? I want when i use \h06 in my script the new name appear instead of old.

I do this with thingy, and it works. The problem is i can't change the numer of letters of names...since i'm using Ruby, the female name is only 3 letters long!

thanks a lot

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
Hi everyone,

I've a question: how can i change the rivals name in my hack? I want when i use \h06 in my script the new name appear instead of old.

I do this with thingy, and it works. The problem is i can't change the numer of letters of names...since i'm using Ruby, the female name is only 3 letters long!

thanks a lot

\h06? That's wrong it should be \v\h06... :D Instead of using that you should just input the name that you want. So instead of \v\h06 you can just put Gary in the script so it will look like a new name for the Rival.

Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2016
Hi people. I have two questions.
1) Is whackahack unsafe? McAfee site advisor doesn't recommend it. Also people on the internet say it is, but I need to download a-text editor...
2) I'm hacking Ruby. Is the Pokenav Match Call hackable, like rematching Gym Leaders and it would be awesome to add new trainers for rematches (Here's lookin' at you Maxie and Archie).
Thanks

KyX

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2020
I have a problem, i'm new here and i do not know if this type of help goes here, anyway..
I'm editing the FireRed title screen..

I found a tutorial but wasn't correct in some parts (palette offsets for example)

By tring over and over my result is that:

''''I can't post images or link''' Just change hxxp and view the image

hxxp://img805.imageshack.us/img805/7316/titler.png

It have palette problems and it's hard to sort out what change, i tried all day to fix it..
Also at the bottom there is a Glitchy line, and i don't know how to fix it..
So i'm asking if you have a link to a complete tutorial, or just help me..

Thank you.

itman

Back to ROM hacking. :D
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 5, 2014
Hi people. I have two questions.
1) Is whackahack unsafe? McAfee site advisor doesn't recommend it. Also people on the internet say it is, but I need to download a-text editor...
2) I'm hacking Ruby. Is the Pokenav Match Call hackable, like rematching Gym Leaders and it would be awesome to add new trainers for rematches (Here's lookin' at you Maxie and Archie).
Thanks

Whackahack is safe, many MANY hackers use that site, including me. I believe it's because of all the attachments and such on that site that makes McAfee spaz. :P

And as for the match call, I believe with ASM it can be accomplished, but that's very advanced hacking. You could, however, do it with scripting and JPAN's hacked engine if you know what you're doing. ;)

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Alaka-Z,

I actually wrote a script that sets every trainer flag in the game so that you can rebattle any trainer that still appears on the map. For example, you wouldn't be able to rebattle May/Brenden, however you can fight Wally again at the end of Victory road. The only problem, it resets your Match Call data. However, it still can be a pretty useful script and I'm willing to share it.

Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2016
Cheers KarateKid. I was thinking of putting Maxie and Archie somewhere on the overworld and rebattle them and gym leaders. Does the script work better on PKSV or XSE (I find PKSV easier)?
And thanks. Could you PM me it thx :)
I could theoretically rematch May/Brendan if I put them somewhere on the map where they don't appear otherwise.

wwmb

Watcher
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2016
Hello! So.... I don't know if it is just that I haven't looked enough or what, but I can't find enough info to get this done: I'm trying to edit the world map in Pokemon Emerald (Later I'll be working on RS too... but that's beside the point.) I've found the three tilsets (245, 328, 330) and tilemaps (246, 390, 331) in unLZ. I've decompressed them all to .raw and .png files (256 for tilesets and 16 for maps.) (for backups, comparison, experimentation etc.)

I also made my own map in GIMP, using the exact same colors as the tileset in the game (taken with VBA); then I used Sphere to remove duplicate tiles in the tileset. I PrtScreen-nd that back into gimp indexing it with the same colors too (.png, both a 0compression and a 9-or-something/max compression version.) Made the .raw tilemap in NTME (8bpp). I noticed in VBA that the world map is square (512x512) and that NTME's Emerald World Map setting isn't, so I made three different sizes (in tiles): a 32x32, a 64x32, and a 64x64 sized map.

Going back to the tileset, I opened up TileMolester-Alt 8bpp linear, imported the bg.pal I got from VBA when looking at the world map, Pasted in my tiles (same dimensions as the tileset I got from #328) and saved it as .raw.

unLZ doesn't want to overwrite the tileset even though the .raw is using the same colors (if I open it back up in TileMoleset-alt it goes to 2bpp planar, and after turning it back its colors are different until I reload the pallet) it's the same size (I even opened it up with a hexeditor and deleted all of the unused tiles at the end... so now my tileset .raw is 2to3 8x8 tiles smaller in filesize).
unLZ won't even compress and put the original tilesets back into the rom, claiming they are too big when compressed too.

So any help would be awesome in finding a way to replace the files. (I don't want to use any free space when I'm not using ANY more data than the game is, AFAIK.)

Can someone point me in the right direction? *Hopes that he has waited long enough to bump his post*

Thank you in advance, to whomever it is that can help me resolve this!

Years
Okay I have a simple problem with no solution so far.
In A-trainer, I make a "Champion" battle, but the champion has a new name, sprite and opening.

The trainer appears fine and the champion battle theme plays, but the game still says "Champion Gary wants to battle" instead of "Champion *insert trainer here* wants to battle" :/

Um...help?

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
Years
What's the simplest way to replace Zigzagoon and Ralts with, for example, Rattata and Mareep in the Wally script in Emerald? I know it requires ASM, but I have absolutely no idea how to do it.

karatekid552

Years
What's the simplest way to replace Zigzagoon and Ralts with, for example, Rattata and Mareep in the Wally script in Emerald? I know it requires ASM, but I have absolutely no idea how to do it.

Actually, you can do it right in Advance Trainer. Just open up Emerald and search for Wally. Go into his pokemon data, change those Pokemon to what ever you want and save it. Do this for each time he appears. (I just found 6 separate battles, but double check my counting)

Have fun!

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
Okay I have a simple problem with no solution so far.
In A-trainer, I make a "Champion" battle, but the champion has a new name, sprite and opening.

The trainer appears fine and the champion battle theme plays, but the game still says "Champion Gary wants to battle" instead of "Champion *insert trainer here* wants to battle" :/

Um...help?

The "CHAMPION" trainer class has some things attached to it so it makes anything with that class, nomatter what name it may have, have its name reverted to the rival's name. So, for instance, if you changed Young Trainer Joey to Champion Joey, when you battle him his name would be "Champion [Insert the name of your rival here]". The easiest way to remedy the situation is to override another trainer class with the name "Champion" (Like, take out an unused class like Aroma Lady in Fire Red/Leaf Green since that class was only used in Ruby/Sapphire) and use that new, overridden one instead of the old, actual Champion class.

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
Actually, you can do it right in Advance Trainer. Just open up Emerald and search for Wally. Go into his pokemon data, change those Pokemon to what ever you want and save it. Do this for each time he appears. (I just found 6 separate battles, but double check my counting)

Have fun!
Uh, I think xoax meant the 'catch the pokemon' script.
Doesn't necessarily involve ASM, hex editing will do. I only remember the line, though-It's on 0xB0870, dunno which bytes, but you can change the values until you find the one that changes the pokemon.

EDIT: Ralt's dex number is 280, so search for a byte with the number 118.

Last edited:

karatekid552

Years
Uh, I think xoax meant the 'catch the pokemon' script.
Doesn't necessarily involve ASM, hex editing will do. I only remember the line, though-It's on 0xB0870, dunno which bytes, but you can change the values until you find the one that changes the pokemon.

EDIT: Ralt's dex number is 280, so search for a byte with the number 118.

Yes, I would like to apoligize. I forgot that you help Wally catch his first Pokemon. The comand for the battle is special 0xA0. My limited knowledge ends here as I have absolutely no idea how to edit specials.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back