• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Favorite gen 2 flying type?

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
can't go wrong with any of them honestly, but i love togetic. it's just so cute and pure and i remember it having such nice card art back in the neo days. i know it's not very good in gen II, but it's still cute...that counts for something... also i really love jumpluff, but it's even harder to use in gen II than togetic. it's super cute though. and soft.

Jumpluff is really THAT old? Honestly, I'd forgotten. At first glance, I'd say 4, but nope 2.

I'll have to go with it as well for best flying in 2.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 23, 2019
I really like lugias design, but i cant get over how utterly cheap it is in battle.
It appears almost impervious to damage, even super-effective hits it shrugs off, it just doesnt die.

As for non-cheap flyers, Skarmory, design is good enough, and suits a beast at tanking physical hits, perfect typing for it too.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen today
164.png

Noctowl. Although Ledian and Togetic come close behind.

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 15, 2019
Natu/Xatu for me. When I was a kid I thought Ruins of Alph was the coolest thing because of how mysterious it seemed, and finding a strange green psychic bird there was awesome. Xatu is probably my favorite bird Pokemon of all time.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Man, this Ledian love is making me tear up. Finally some appreciation for Johto's forgotten bug.

Taemin

[i][b]MOVE[/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2023
Skarmory is my favorite aside from Lugia.

They're probably the only flying types in Johto that I really care much for.

Years
  • Seen today
I can safely say that Skarmory is one of those Pokémon that I never caught. It simply never appealed to me. And I had both Silver and Crystal.

Years
Seeing the good choices by others makes things really difficult for me to decide. But I'll have a go:

Legendary: Lugia
Non Legendary: Skarmory

Gen 2 certainly introduced loads of great pok?mon!

Palmer-Granate

The Champion Jester
Years
I'd consider my favourite Gen2 Bird to be the Legendaries, who are tied. I cannot argue against Sacred Fire or Aeroblast.

Then the rest of my list; Crobat, Skarmory, Noctowl (three of which I've used in the GBA versions, Noctowl is tough at a high level, and I'm a fan of the Hypnosis/Dream Eater combo) Murkrow, Xatu and Delibird. I haven't considered Delibird as a potential fighter, though some fellas TM it and have it as their top 6. Although I've never raised Murkrow or Xatu, fighting them in E4 is enough to persuade me how tough they can be.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Xatu is one of two Psychic types I've ever used and I really like everything about it - great design and formidable opponent. Plus Natu is adorable <3

Years
Xatu has an awesome concept; I really like its line and have used it a few times when playing through Johto. also crobat because it's really useful and hecka cool

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
I like Xatu as well! I also am pretty fond of Hoothoot; it's pretty cool! Ho-oh is really majestic, and Delibird has a charming design. And Lugia too. <33

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 10, 2020
I'm gonna go ahead and jump on the Crobat bandwagon. While I have a special place in my heart for Ledian because I had a good run in HGSS with a Ledyba early on, Crobat is just damn cool. It also turned a relatively useless family of Pokemon into a very viable one.

Even if the four wings are kind of silly. In a cool way.

Back