• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Obscure movies and/or tv shows

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Do you know any obscure movies/tv shows that you think is good but are under the radar?

pkmin3033

Babylon 5, which was overshadowed by the similarly themed Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, but was superior to it in every possible way. Literally nobody has seen or heard of it these days despite it running for 5 seasons and getting a (lousy and incomplete) spinoff season and several (varying quality) movies.

Years
Babylon 5, which was overshadowed by the similarly themed Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, but was superior to it in every possible way. Literally nobody has seen or heard of it these days despite it running for 5 seasons and getting a (lousy and incomplete) spinoff season and several (varying quality) movies.

I'd argue that DS9 is better, though B5 is still a good show if you don't mind how some of the elements show their age.

On a similar note, Stargate Universe is, I think, a great show that didn't deserve to be canceled. Good actors, interesting plots, and overall high quality.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 17, 2021
Millennium is an obscure TV show that is excellent. At least the first season is.

As far as movies goes it's a whole different kettle of fish. So many genres and types of movies.

There is a horror movie called Begotten that I can't stop thinking about.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
MY FRIEND. I love Babylon 5. It was so clever, so epic, it was just really low budget compared to other things hahah. Ivanova and G'Kar <3

I'd say 12 Monkeys is a bit obscure. Not hugely in the beginning, but it gets weirder and weirder. The first season is definitely enjoyable if you like a good time travel tale though.

Back