• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] Gym Idea

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Im slowly making my own game and had an Idea for Gyms. This is how my Gyms will look in my game.
Thoughts?

Attachments

• Gyms.jpg
    Gyms.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Thank you for the kind words. Big shout out to Wesely, KageNoSensei, Dewitty, Kyle Dove and Princelegendario. I borrowed sprites from each of these creators to make my Gyms.

here is a couple more. I think that about covers all the types.

Attachments

• Gyms.jpg
    Gyms.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Lookin' great!
Not a new idea, but it's a grand idea I've yet to see anyone actually implement!

Thanks!! I got the idea from Peekychew on DeviantArt. Loved his rock gym. So I adopted it and ran with it. The biggest thing I disliked about the older games is the lack of realism. For example the same OW sprite used to represent multiple trainers or NPCS. So while I was making all OW sprites for all generations including realistic ones for FR/LG I decided to make some gyms that fit the theme of the town they are in. I'm currently making all Pokemon centers to be different looking in each town as well as the Mart's as I disliked that they were all generic in each town.

Back