• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
In all honesty I have to agree with Hue on this one. I will join RPs with GMs I have no clue about. If I like the GM then I'll tend to join more of his/her RPs. If I don't then I'll still join. The only problem I have is with a GMs grammar. It's alright if there is one or two small in corrections here and there but if I just see too many grammar problems I won't join simply because I don't like having to reread a post to understand what is being said and sometimes I'll read that first post and I'll have to reread it two or three times to have to work around the bad grammar.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
What draws you to one RP over another, aside from the setting? What can a GM do to spark your interest?

Well... a nice looking opening post certainly helps, but if the spelling is poor and I notice some unreasonable plotholes or silly assumptions, then no fancy first post can help. Consistent misspelling or bad grammar certainly puts me down. And walls of text without space between paragraphs. Aside from that, I tend to not like RPs where I play as a pokémon as much nowadays as I used to do. I feel like it's much more difficult to portray a deep character and make it come alive if it isn't human (or human-like). I guess I should try harder though; a good RPer should be able to make anything come alive though, no? ;)

An example of RPs that I am inclined to join are pokémon journey RPs that seem well organized or have a GM that I know to be organized and creative. I don't ever seem to get tired of journey RPs :D Others are RPs from franchises that I really like, such as the Digimon and Star Wars RPs I'm in now. There, it won't matter as much if the GM doesn't seem to be the very best, because I'm doing my best as a player to make the RP great.

Of course, RPs from no special franchise at all can also make me eager to join, but perhaps not until I've seen the game go well for a while so that I'll know that I'm jumping into some seriously nice gaming.

chef30

Great Scott!!!
Years
Before I start work making an RP I want to know, how many people would be interested in a Sonic The Hedgehog fandom rp

Well, I don't know much about Sonic the Hedgehog, but I've seen plenty of fans of it, so I suggest you make it and see how people respond to it. Just my advice.

Hey, would anyone be interested in an RP that was like The Hunger Games? Sort of like that, except not really killing. I'm thinking maybe ten/seven kids/teens get captured and are forced to compete in these challenges. And maybe they could have some sort of special ablilty, and a birthmark or something that symbolizes it.
Your thoughts?

shinysweety

In it to win it! :D
Years
Before I start work making an RP I want to know, how many people would be interested in a Sonic The Hedgehog fandom rp

I used to watch the series before and I found it 'okay', but im not sure if I would join a RP about it. Maybe if you added a Interesting twist, or maybe a new bad guy..... and something creative maybe.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
While I've only played some Sonic games and like the franchise, I think the outcome of an RP based on it would totally depend on what story you would give the RP and what the players would be doing, as well as how serious/light you wanted the RP to be. If an RP is thoroughly planned and well written, it can be interesting almost no matter what fandom it belongs to :3

Hey, would anyone be interested in an RP that was like The Hunger Games? Sort of like that, except not really killing. I'm thinking maybe ten/seven kids/teens get captured and are forced to compete in these challenges. And maybe they could have some sort of special ablilty, and a birthmark or something that symbolizes it.
Your thoughts?
There seem to pop up interest for Hunger Games RPs in this thread now and then, so it will probably be well received if you decide to make one. The main question people usually have is what will happen to the players who's characters get killed off/eliminated from the game. If you did it differently, maybe it would be well received :3 Special abilities are usually exciting as long as they are not made over powered or cliche.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Nice to know my RP is ignored because of coloration...

Anyways, picking one RP over another?

I can't quite say I have much of an answer on that, other than the fact that the more interesting my own character is, the more enthused I'll be to post with him/her.

Sonic RP?

I'm sure you'd find more than enough players; it used to be a lot more popular.

Hunger Games-Killing=RP?

Won't lie, I love Hunger Games, but taking the killing out actually made me lose interest. However, if you kept it exactly the same, where would the originality be?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
I have eye problems, so if I look at your light on dark colouring for too long my left eye starts twitching and I get headaches.

Nothing personal, just my body being useless.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
I guess TRON wouldn't be a very good movie for you either than... Because in TRON it's pretty much pitch black but everything has teal, white, or light orange neon colors.

chef30

Great Scott!!!
Years
There seem to pop up interest for Hunger Games RPs in this thread now and then, so it will probably be well received if you decide to make one. The main question people usually have is what will happen to the players who's characters get killed off/eliminated from the game. If you did it differently, maybe it would be well received :3 Special abilities are usually exciting as long as they are not made over powered or cliche.

I was thinking more of challenges, not killing. And it won't exactly be based off of The Hunger Games, either. I was thinking more of quests, and some battles that you'd get healed after it was over. And the powers won't be anything overpowering, like Mind Control or anything. I was thinking more of an ability like as in elements, and others like illusions. But your powers won't exactly be perfect either. I thought that it'd be cool if you could actually start off not knowing what your ability is, then finding out about it and training to gain control of it.
But, what would you guys like to see in an RP like that?

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
:D I know all about Sonic The Hedgehog! He likes to feel the wind, chili dogs, hates standing around! Just ask me anything about him & I'll know it! I've seen his show, & played most of his games! I would gladly & excitedly join an RP like that!

d4rka8isz

Is Confused.
Years
I love the TRON movie and I'd like to join the RP, but I don't know if I can. Can you join an RP where you're not as old as the rating says?

And about the Hunger Game-ish RP chef30 mentioned, maybe they can get random powers by choosing a number from a hat and they get the power that corresponds to that. Like in the SU, you could have them put down a number. Kind of like giving everyone a random weapon to start with.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
d4rka8isz,

There's no rules in the RP corner about that. Age Ratings are more like a warning; if you can't take descriptive blood and violence, you should stay at T ratings and under. However, if you can tolerate mature themes and text, then by all means, join. It depends entirely on the player.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
I'm glad you know TRON. Maybe you can help explain the whole thing to pokepokemo.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I've submitted the rp :3 none of the characters from the games are in it. It's set 1000 years in the future
Good luck with your RP! Let's hope it gets accepted. In case it doesn't, make sure to read in this thread why it might not have been accepted, and fix what Skymin points out.

I love the TRON movie and I'd like to join the RP, but I don't know if I can. Can you join an RP where you're not as old as the rating says?

d4rka8isz,

There's no rules in the RP corner about that. Age Ratings are more like a warning; if you can't take descriptive blood and violence, you should stay at T ratings and under. However, if you can tolerate mature themes and text, then by all means, join. It depends entirely on the player.
I guess it's like Zerin says. The ratings are mostly to warn the readers/players about the content but of course there's no way to make sure that 10 year olds don't read M rated roleplays. Ratings don't forbid you to enter a roleplay here, but they make sure that you know what you're getting yourself into. And they are a way for the GM to make sure that the RP doesn't get a theme that they wouldn't want it to get.

I have set the rating as K+ for some of my RPs and that works fine, but most people seem to prefer the T rating since they don't have to think much about how much violence is allowed then. Difference between M and T should pretty much be how much descriptive violence and references to things like alcohol and drugs there may be. "Romance" past the T rating shouldn't really exist on a pokémon forum, in my opinion ._. By romance, I guess I mean adult themes.

I'm glad you know TRON. Maybe you can help explain the whole thing to pokepokemo.
If you feel the need to have someone help explaining, I might be able to. I've seen both movies and I did plan a TRON RP some ways back but never posted it. It's a cool world.

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2023
Hey guys, ZeroDarkness sent our new Bleach Roleplay in to be accepted if anyone's interested.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
I just wanted to state again, in case anyones missed it, that the OOC/SU thread of the Naruto RP - Ninja Storm - is currently open. There were a number of people who expressed interest in it that haven't applied or reserved a spot and I don't want them to miss out!

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back