• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Liepard

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
250px-510Liepard.png

The featured Pokemon this week is Liepard!

Discuss whether you a) love it b) hate it c) never used it or d) ... anything that comes to mind. What comes to mind when you think of Liepard? Do you like the design? Is it too gimmicky? Are there any particular movesets you like using on it when you play B/W or B2/W2?

Years
D) Its sleek figure and flamboyant color scheme are gorgeous. I think its design represents some of the best that Unova has to offer. Its not a pokemon I will ever use however, looking pretty aside its just way too gimmicky for me.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I think Liepard misses the mark tbh. I loved Prankster Foul Play/Taunt etc. It was amazing to play with (competitively) but in-game I have never used it. Seems too weak for the most part to me :/

Design wise it isn't too bad it just... doesn't stand out y'know? It literally is just a leopard cat. Nothing more, nothing less... exactly what it is supposed to be and to me that's kinda dull. Stoutland is a bit overkill but at least it is interesting lol

Star Arcana

Hope springs eternal
Years
Poor dear's situation can be compared to having gorgeous rings but no fingers to enjoy wearing them. Liepard has/had such potential, but terrible stats just do it zero justice. You'd like a freaking leopard would be tough! However, this thing is all hiss and no scratch.

I really think with a boost in stats and maybe a second type, Liepard could shine. I can say from experience though that, as is, purple leopard is a major slug to raise and use. I adore cats, so I had to give it a spot on my first Unova run, but it's not something I'd do again...

Cool_Porygon

Lurking in the shadows
Years
I like it somewhat. It's a memorable gen 5 pokemon for me and it looks ok, nothing truly special but I tend to like Pokemon that are based on cool animals.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Poor dear's situation can be compared to having gorgeous rings but no fingers to enjoy wearing them. Liepard has/had such potential, but terrible stats just do it zero justice. You'd like a freaking leopard would be tough! However, this thing is all hiss and no scratch.

I really think with a boost in stats and maybe a second type, Liepard could shine. I can say from experience though that, as is, purple leopard is a major slug to raise and use. I adore cats, so I had to give it a spot on my first Unova run, but it's not something I'd do again...
I think if they took away some attack/speed and gave it a little special defense I think it would be a lot more formidable. Give it fighting type too. Leopards fight ... I assume? It just needs to be able to take an attack. Either that or make it more effective at destroying opponents and less gimmicky!
It's okay.
I wouldn't say Liepard is a Pok?mon I get excited about.

I love this sentence so much lol

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Been trying to figure out why you'd say that about my comment, but I still have no clue xD

Was I contradicting or did you just take it out of context?

Nah just the way it is written is amusing!

Anyway you guys: do you think Purrloin is a suitable pre-evo for Liepard? Orrrr would you rather it have no pre-evo?

Back