• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Favorite OST in Unova

Years
  • Seen today
Which OST in Unova is your favorite?

In my opinion Unova is the region with the best music to date. Great hometown music, the White version Opelucid City theme, the Dragonspiral Tower music, and the famous Route 10 theme are all awesome for me.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
There isn't a soundtrack from this generation that I DON'T like. No seriously, I can't actually think of a soundtrack that bugged or bothered me. Maybe due to repetition but no dislike.

That said, it's very hard to think of a top 3 or 5 of favourite OSTs because they're all so awesome. So, apart from the first one, this is all in random order:
  1. Rare Wild Battle
  2. Reshiram/Zekorm/Kyurem Battle (& the Awakening theme)
  3. Legendary Pokémon Battle
  4. Humilau & Castelia City Gym
  5. Ending (BW)
  6. Abyssal Ruins
  7. Hoenn Gym Leader (BW2)
  8. Driftveil Drawbridge
  9. Cold Storage
  10. Icirrus City
  11. Reversal Mountain (W2)

...This did not became a small list, whoops. Honestly, I should buy the soundtrack to both BW and BW2.

Last edited:

KNS27

I got... Lonely Doggo?
Years
It's really hard to pick top 10 gen 5 favorite soundtrack.They have amazing Soundtrack, fit with their situation.So this is probably my top 10 favorites because it hard to pick.

1.Pokemon World Tournament ( Final Battle)
2.Vs Bianca/Cheren
3.Acummula town
4.B2W2 ending
5.BW ending
6.B2W2 N's Room
7.Skyarrow Bridge
8.Pokemon BW vs Zekrom
9.Entralink
10.Last Pokemon Gym Leader battle B2W2

Years
My favorite Unova VGM would have to be Route 10. That route marked the end of the badge quest, and you were about to be sent off to conquer the much stronger trainers. It's a very nostalgic theme for me now.

porygoing

Kreeeeeh
Years
Aspertia City, Opelucid city (White), Route 10. All musics are just great. (Except Driftveil city, I didn't want to hear it.) And battle musics are good but I like more town or city musics.

Years
My favorite has got to be the Ghetsis battle theme for Black and White. This is not only my fav part of Unova's music-- its my favorite theme period. In a list including other gems like Cynthia's battle theme + piano, the Aqua/Magma boss theme from Oras, Colress' theme, Iris, Cyrus or the weather trio...Ghetsis would still be my #1.

It is such dark and unusual, the ancient-feel to drumbeats, the variying tempos and volume, austere chorus. It drives home the sense of how powerful Ghetsis is, filling me with dread as he approaches. Fun fact: His name Ghetsis is a romanization of G and C# the same notes used on the kettledrum to compose his battle theme. I think that is so awesome!

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Tbh I've only heard this

but I really like it

I like it after one listen... but more than once it gets grating on the ears lol the music appears in USUM for Unova legendaries and soft resetting has totally turned me off this song lol the high keys kinda seem out of place in it I dunno.

Vragon

This is a very hard question. Some of my favs though are,

BW:
Battle N!
Opelucid City (Black)
Route 10
Battle Gym leader!
Victory before your eyes
Battle Zekrom, Reshiram and Kyurem (there's a difference you know)
Battle Cheren!
Battle Elite Four!
DragonSpiral tower
Refrain
Ending
Title screen OST

BW2:
Battle Gym Leader
Victory before your eyes
Apertia City
Battle Colress!
Battle Team Plasma!
Battle Hugh!
Unwavering emotions
Battle N!
Title screen OST
some of the PWT remixes

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
This is a very hard question. Some of my favs though are,

BW:
Battle N!
Opelucid City (Black)
Route 10
Battle Gym leader!
Victory before your eyes
Battle Zekrom, Reshiram and Kyurem (there's a difference you know)
Battle Cheren!
Battle Elite Four!
DragonSpiral tower
Refrain
Ending
Title screen OST

BW2:
Battle Gym Leader
Victory before your eyes
Apertia City
Battle Colress!
Battle Team Plasma!
Battle Hugh!
Unwavering emotions
Battle N!
Title screen OST
some of the PWT remixes

Oh yes the title screens!! Everyone - sit and listen to the full title screen sequence. Absolutely the best of all the games. Unova just gets SO theatrical and it sounds really really amazing to start a game on :)

Vragon

Is it cliché to say I love every song? Everything is so unique and beautiful!
Yes it is, but nothing wrong with that. I like the Unova soundtrack a lot too and I'm glad you can enjoy Mistralton city's theme more than me.

Years
I play mostly without music, so I don't here everything, but I remember hearing Gym Leader's Final Pokemon Theme and I love to this day.

Years
  • Age 37
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 27, 2023
I love the music that plays in N's Castle. The orchestra sounds so beautiful and it reminds me of something you would hear from a Final Fantasy game.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I love the music that plays in N's Castle. The orchestra sounds so beautiful and it reminds me of something you would hear from a Final Fantasy game.

Me too! :) N's castle bridge though (the theme that plays for 30 seconds) I find is 10x better and way more emotive. Imo only though!

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
There's a lot of music I like in the Unova games but my top 3 are:

1. Unova Elite Four theme - I really like the intensity of this theme. It gives a great sense of occasion and is one of very few game music I listen to when not playing. It's an odd thing to note but even the E4s Pokemon cries seem to go with the music. Particularly Shauntel's Chandelure and Caitlin's Gothitelle.
2. PWT Final round theme - The grand sounding music sets the occasion well again but the joyous theme can be a little jarring when you are about to lose.
3. Gym Leader Final Pokemon theme - The amped up and faster Tempo gives a sense of you being so close to victory...Or so far if you are facing Drayden's Haxorus.

Honourable Mentions - Iris' Champion theme, Mistralton City theme

Last edited:
Back