• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My secret hope and desire for Gen 8... Pokemon Fusion

TheMagnanimousL

Pokemon Connoisseur
Years
Wait!! In the name of Colress put down your pitchforks for a second... I know Pokemon Fusion is not a widely loved idea but hear me out...

Look, let me level with you. Pokemon Fusion is NOT the central premise of my hopes for the new gen, its Colress himself and what he is capable of. Its him as a character, his abilities and aspirations, and lore inclusiveness that makes him a perfect candidate to lead way to a perfect new eye-catching mechanic for a new Gen that is not out of the realm of possibility since it HAS been done before in the games, TWICE now.

We can all agree that Colress was a total hunk and one of the coolest characters to come out of the Pokemon games, and boy did he steal the show in USUM, so why not have him return full-time? I'm talking full Pokemon Professor of a new region type of work-line. This makes a lot of sense in my eyes because of two things. Colress has begun to deeply believe in the power of trainers and their Pokemon via affection and bonds, so what better way for him to realize his fascination in studying his craft than to become an ACTUAL Pokemon Professor who gives coming-of-age Pokemon to new trainers in hopes that they might find the powerful potential of bonds he now deeply believes in.

Colress vaguely said "I have decided on the next theme of my research" and walked off at the end of the Rainbow Rocket Episode, so the ground work has already been laid before we could even bat an eyelash. Colress has abilities beyond that of mortal men. He literally TUNED people out of dimensions. He tuned an entire mansion for godsake. Having him be a big part of the story and games would give a very reasonable way to explore Ultra Space for Ultra Beasts in new games without needing to shoe-horn in Solgaleo/Lunala.

But you're probably saying "Yeah, why should there be fusions then?"

Children play these games as much as any of us old fans. Their main audience is kids, and kids always look for cooler, neater, and more exciting things to play with, so demanding more Megas or Z moves might not be a thing that we can truly control, since the numbers show that Game Freak would do better if they just added something new right? And it would make sense. Fusion has been extremely limited to the Legendaries who were primarily designed for it, both in lore and in physical design. We could chalk normal Pokemon Fusion as Colress getting very savvy with the art after having done it twice.

Also some people have expressed a ton of concern about adding new mechanics like Mega Stones and Z moves since they're held items and mess up the playing field with the over-the-top nature of said mechanics. Pokemon Fusion if done the way it has been done with simply using a Key Item to fuse Pokemon together would entirely negate that concern, would it not? Since you're not creating new items or Extremities like the Mega Evolutions, you're just creating a new Pokemon, with new typings and reasonables stats/new movesets.

Most people disliked that a lot of their favorites missed out on Megas, but Fusion might even fix that too. Even if they don't make a whole lot of them, fusion knocks two Pokemon with one stone so whatever number they do make, it's basically doubled. You could get a lot done with that concept alone for half of the trouble.

Also, we've seen a ton of artist renditions out there in the internet before right? If you haven't, I would highly suggest you check out Cat-Meff's renditions since they're not Hyper Realistic and seem very plausible as Pokemon designs. Also, they look rad as heck.

Tell me you wouldn't be freaking hyped as heck to see a fusion like... Lucario and Aegislash, transforming their typing to Ghost/Fighting with the ability Stance Change and the exclusive moves Aura Sphere, King's Shield, Shadow Sneak, and Bullet Punch from their respective original forms? The stats don't have to be as powerful as they are on Aegislash's Stance Change either. Maybe fusing it with Lucario lowers its Stance Change stats but ups its speed considerably? Though that example aside, I would rather see Pokemon who didn't get to be part of the Mega Train get a fusion, so maybe like Aegislash and Bisharp maybe?

Making fusions for every Pokemon out there is impossible, I understand this, so it would make sense if it was limited to very few Pokemon. Preferably Lore Friendly Pokemon, like the artificial-natured Pokemon and many of the steel-type Pokemon like Porygon, Metagross, Mewtwo, Voltorb, Castform, Banette, Garbador, Golurk, Silvalley, Magearna, Rotom, Muk, Deoxys, and everybody's favorite, Genesect which Colress has some ambiguous connection to for obvious reasons.

Heck, maybe Genesect can stop being a mythical by doing a Deoxys and be a big part of the end-game episode for Gen 8. It is and was an incredibly dangerous predator back in its hayday, and it got made worse when they strapped a canon to its back.

So what are your thoughts on this idea?

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
I am going to say no. I am fine with Black Kyurem and White Kyurem as well as Dusk Mane Necrozma and Dawn Wings Necrozma but i do not want fusion to be a common thing. I think we got enough fusions. If there are others then fusion should remain exclusive to legendary pokemon in my opinion.

Last edited:

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
i honestly can't think of a reason why I'm against such a thing besides perhaps an aesthetic dislike of the idea of fusion and games that rely on kinda gimmicky mechanics like that. perhaps i need to think about it a bit more

Back