• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most annoying wild Pokemon?

Kranic

What did you say about my hair
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2014
Anything with explode during a nuzlocke.
Anything with sturdy while you are grinding.
Anything with poison pre-HG/SS

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Zubat and Golbat. The main reason is because I can never run from them, and they always use supersonic and it always, without fail, hits me.

Pppgggr

Cheese, for everyone!
Years
ANYTHING WITH PARALYZE or CONFUSION. Dang those status effects just drive me crazy. Confusion and Paralyze drive me crazy because there's a chance you can still attack, and when I don't, my blood just boils.

Years
All Pokèmon in cave are annoying. Its happen when I was looking for exactly road for directing me into an exit cave. Just some step... wild Pokèmon appeared such as Zubat, Golbat, Geodude and Onix. Why always that Pokèmon who coming out? Boring.....
And the last is probably Diglet. if I meet Diglet I can't excape until I defeat them. It's so annoying if my Pokèmon are unable to attack Digglet with an electric attack. Sigh, that is really terrible moments when I was exploring cave in FRLG.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Abra,
All like, ''hey wanna fight me?! Nope. *zwoop!*''

Blue Emerald

One of life's great mysteries
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 15, 2022
Three Pokemon come to mind:

Abra, particularly early in game if you're trying to catch one or defeat it for a lot of experience, because you either don't have a sleep/paralysis attack or it outspeeds you and runs away.

Golbat, because there will be times when you just want to get through a cave and avoid all wild battles, and this particular Pokemon won't let you escape (Seems to be a secret natural power of all wild Golbat, strangely).

Basculin, because wherever I surfed, I would encounter nothing but Basculin in BW; so many that I quickly grew sick and tired of them. Even Tentacool and Wingull weren't ever this bad! Hopefully they aren't such a nuisance in BW2.

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
Mt. Coronet is horrible when you're trying to go through the upper floors because of all the Golbat and Bronzong. They're both so freaking common... and both so freaking annoying to kill. Repels don't always work, either. That entire dungeon is just annoying to get through because of their high spawn rates.

Abra isn't annoying unless you're trying to catch it, and if you have a Gastly with Mean Look (in Johto), a Pokemon that can instantly put it to sleep, or something, then it's easy.

Tentacool can be annoying for sure, though Basculin is probably even worse in terms of how many you see. Tentacool, though, can poison your team, and that leads to problems.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Zubat, Geodude, Graveller, Tentacool and all those cave/surf pokemon.

Batel

A nothing.
Years
Definitely Boldore. I dislike these things for sturdy coupled with moves that could steal some otherwise untouchable hit points.
This may sound weird, but I think Magikarp are really annoying too. This is thanks to trying to fish up a Feebas in Route 119 and not knowing that there was a very specific area they could be caught within it as a kid. I spent, no exaggeration, four hours of game-time seeing these THINGS appear on my screen. I hate Magikarp. -___-

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
I actually don't mind Zubat that much anymore. I do really like Golbat and (especially) Crobat, and its sprites were greatly improved by the third Generation rolled around, particularly in FireRed and LeafGreen.

I'd say the biggest annoyance is when I'm fishing. ALL I GET IS MAGIKARP ;_;. You know, 'Magikarp, use a Splash attack!' Ugh lol.

Years
  • Seen Mar 7, 2014
Dear god..... Bidoof, Magikarp, Rattata, Zubat, Patrat, Zigzagoon.....but mostly Bidoof and Patrat.

SchwarzRozen

Sugary Delight
Years
1st - Not a lot of annoying ones IMO
2nd - Rattatta, way to common.
3rd - Feebas, way to uncommon
4th - Krickitot, useless
5th (B/W) - Boldore and sturdy
5th (B/W2) - Drilbur, because of shard farming

#isthenumbersign
Years
Trapinch and Diglett. Omg I just want to run away, why do you have to trap me?

The Grubby Pup

Where's mah shiny squeaky ball
Years
Going in by each generation!

1st: Tentacool: They're like everywhere in da sea! Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh. But hohohoh...Ekans came in really close, tho. It's just as annoying.

2nd: Marill: They were rare like hell in G/S; I mean you could only find them on Mt. Mortar. But nowadayz...they're everywhere...and usually high leveled.

3rd: Electrike: Pelipper was really close, but nothing could compete with the wild Electrike that live in that route right above from slateport city. I had always keep a para heal with me.

4th: Bronzor: Always so annoying. Very sturdy and has the ability to put you to sleep and confused...all at the same time. :l And if it wasn't bad enough, its evolve stage is just as bad...and COMMON!

5th: Boldore: Everytime you take one step in a cave in unova...bam...there's goes one; with it's stupid annoying cry. Sounds like a fat guy clearing his throat.

Back