• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPG

Pyroblock
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 4, 2013
hey, sorry for the stupid question but how do i change the pallet of this? i want to change the black with the yellow so the yellow becomes invisible not the black here is a pic to help you understand

Untitled-5.png

with all my knowledge of trying to get this pallet to change (switching the black with the yellow) it just wont do it! can some one help? plz dont say use irfanveiw becuase thats what i have been doing.... it doesnt seem like switching the bg for this would be any diffrent then how you would when your inserting pokemon but apperantly i was wrong, so once again can any one help?

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
hey, sorry for the stupid question but how do i change the pallet of this? i want to change the black with the yellow so the yellow becomes invisible not the black here is a pic to help you understand

Untitled-5.png

with all my knowledge of trying to get this pallet to change (switching the black with the yellow) it just wont do it! can some one help? plz dont say use irfanveiw becuase thats what i have been doing.... it doesnt seem like switching the bg for this would be any diffrent then how you would when your inserting pokemon but apperantly i was wrong, so once again can any one help?

Use NSE (Nameless Sprite Editor)
It has a built in pallet editor.

Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2011
Can someone post a video link on a tutorial of thingy32 or can someone tell me how to use it?

Orinjmate

The Orinj of the Mate
Years
Can someone post a video link on a tutorial of thingy32 or can someone tell me how to use it?
If I were you I'd just use A-text and/or XSE to edit the text in the game.

My question:-
Does the command 'giveitem' in XSE automatically come up with a textbox saying '[PLAYER] received a ...' or do you have to follow up the command with a seperate message? Also, to get the special type of messagebox that is used when saying you received an item; is the command 'msgbox2'?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
My question:-
Does the command 'giveitem' in XSE automatically come up with a textbox saying '[PLAYER] received a ...' or do you have to follow up the command with a seperate message?

It automatically comes with a message. It's automatic.
But, you need to specify what type of received item message you want.
Code:
giveitem <item number> <item amount> <message type>
message types include...
... MSG_FIND = usually used for items we get from pokeballs.
... MSG_OBTAIN = usually used for NPCs giving the PLAYER some items.

Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2012
Question... about AdvanceMap...

I'm new to hacking, and before I start Hacking anything, I'm trying to learn the vocabulary of job...

In AdvanceMap, when I open a ROM, in this case, FireRed, the list of maps are seperated by "From Header" and "From INI". Looking at the maps, I see that they all appear the same...

so my question is... Whats the difference between the Maps in "From Header" and "From INI"? (besides the fact that the Maps in "From INI" are in a different language.)

Years
  • Seen Jul 25, 2015
I think is just the order for the user preferance, but you better work with "from header" becouse they are in Bank/Level order wich is the one you need for many scripts and stuff...

Anyone knows if you can remove the animation at the beggining where the heroe sprite converts into a mini, just after you say your name and that... PLease someone knows???

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2011
Composing R/S/E Music?

Helloz,

Me and a friend have been interested for a long time in messing around with R/S/E roms to make our own game. The thing is, I've looked just about everywhere and I can't seem to find a way to compose our own music for the game. I've looked endlessly for some soundfonts from any of the games, and no luck.

So I decided to join this community since it looked like there's a ton of people here who know what they're doing with this stuff, =3.

Thanks for any help, I really do appreciate it.

Sonikku17

Wanderer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 20, 2015
Hi! Quick question. I'm trying to set up a trainerbattle 0x9 so that the script continues even if you lose. However, I'm trying to find a way to do this without showing the tutorial text and oak's messages. Can anyone help me out? Thanks!

Years
  • Seen Mar 21, 2024
Another question! With Pokemon PET.
1. Someone mentioned that by changing the amount of POKEMON a trainer carries can run the offset into other trainers offsets? Why does this happen and what can happen?

2. Why is it when I change moves on gym trainer pokemon they don't save and they use moves that aren't listed, like brocks geodude I gave only rock type moves and one of its moves it used during gameplay was bone club and pound?!

Shiny Quagsire

I'm Still Alive, Elsewhere
Years
Question... about AdvanceMap...

I'm new to hacking, and before I start Hacking anything, I'm trying to learn the vocabulary of job...

In AdvanceMap, when I open a ROM, in this case, FireRed, the list of maps are seperated by "From Header" and "From INI". Looking at the maps, I see that they all appear the same...

so my question is... Whats the difference between the Maps in "From Header" and "From INI"? (besides the fact that the Maps in "From INI" are in a different language.)

It basically is an option to sort the maps by bank and map, or by an ini file.

masterquestmq

Enthusiastic Rom Hacker
Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Give Money for trainer battles

Ive been looking at many trainer battle tutorials (scripting) and just wondering do we need to include the givemoney command in the script so the player gets the money after the battle or this is something we can do in a-trainer?

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2016
Can anyone help me figure out how to make something follow you throughout the game (i.e. pikachu in yellow.)

Im also trying t incorporate this into a hack, and in my research (basically asking more experienced people) this can only be done with asm, which is quite hard to learn as a beginner.

masterquestmq

Enthusiastic Rom Hacker
Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
theres 2 ways too approach this problem

1) invovles vigorous hex editing or writing many scripts for it to follow u from one map to another so as far as i know it seems very unlikely to pull something like this unless u are committed to the cause (ive been missing here for a while so maybe there has been a breakthrough in this... you never know)

2) reedit the overworld sprite of the hero too include the pikachu at the back, will look a bit weird though so i wudnt recommend it.

if im not mistaken one of the asm hackers was talking about this last year, search the forums for it.

all the best and dont give up, anything is possible in the world of hacking :)

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
how do you use XSE to text edit the game completely?
The goal of XSE is not to "text edit". If you want to do that, I suggest you look at other programs like AdvanceText, because if all you want to do is edit text then you don't need much else.

Now, if you want to know how to script...

Can anyone help me figure out how to make something follow you throughout the game (i.e. pikachu in yellow.)

It's been done before, but it's highly unlikely for someone who has to ask that question to be able to do it. You might want to spend some time trying out other aspects of hacking before revisiting this question.

Anyone knows if you can remove the animation at the beggining where the heroe sprite converts into a mini, just after you say your name and that... PLease someone knows???

You're going to have to work with ASM, I would assume, though I haven't ever heard of anyone trying to remove that particular part.

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
The goal of XSE is not to "text edit". If you want to do that, I suggest you look at other programs like AdvanceText, because if all you want to do is edit text then you don't need much else.

Most don't recommend using A-Text, though. I personally think it's better to use XSE when making new texts, because if you use A-Text, you are limited by the number of characters you can put in your text by the text you are replacing. However, I wouldn't recommend replacing old text with XSE either, but simply generating your own in free space.

As far as adding new text with XSE, a simple script like this is all you need to do:

Code:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
msgbox @go msg_normal
end

#org @go
= Insert new text here.\pUse XSE's text adjuster to adjust\nthe length of your text.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back