• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Breeding Priorities - Nature versus IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2017
I've recently begun breeding pokemon for competitive battles, meaning I'm looking for that perfect combination of nature and IVs. It's a time consuming process and I'm wondering how I should invest my efforts.

Let's say I'm training a pokemon that will be a special attacker. Is it more important that I find an egg with a nature that boosts Sp.Atk, or one that has a flawless 31 in the Sp.Atk IV?

Alternately, is it best to keep a pokemon with great overall IVs but a hindering nature, or should I stick with my boosting nature no matter how lousy the IVs look?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
Natures are usually more important than IVs, so focus on those. However, bad IVs can hinder a Pokémon regardless if it has a good nature. I'd say just try to find best combination. Anyway, you'll get better help on breeding by posting in the Trade Corner Daily Chit-Chat or their RNG master thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back