• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Help Thread: General Questions & Answers Thread

Have you ever found a shiny?

• Yes

Votes: 30 49.2%
  • No

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • Yes, but I lost it!

Votes: 14 23.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Gale of Darkness question

Well, I recently got a gamecube and pokemon XD( with another 7 games and it is XD's special edition cube, and for a very low price, yey) and I started a new game. So far I've managed to catch the shadow pkm I've encountered, but I was wondering, can a shiny appear in that game? and if I catch and purify all the shadow pkms will something special happen? Thanks for reading.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Shiny cannot appear unfortunately, but there's a chance that your shadow pokemon will become shiny once purified ;)
As for the second question...
Well... yes. You will lose your Snag Machine (again :D) =)

Years
  • Seen May 10, 2013
I have a question about Pokemon Conquest,and I hope that there is an answer.

Will Pokemon Conquest let you play as a female character from the start,like the regular Pokemon games?

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
I have a question about Pokemon Conquest,and I hope that there is an answer.

Will Pokemon Conquest let you play as a female character from the start,like the regular Pokemon games?

Yep, you can choose between Male and Female! :)

Chary

Yeah-Hah!
Years
Hi, I was wondering about something peculiar I found on Wikipedia....
woah.png

Any info on this mystery dungeon Time of Blue game would be appreciated.

Perriechu

Years
Hi, I was wondering about something peculiar I found on Wikipedia....
woah.png

Any info on this mystery dungeon Time of Blue game would be appreciated.

Nothing official has been announced regarding PMD. Since we have just gotten two new Pokemon games, (Conquest + BW2) It's highly unlikely to get a new game now. Plus it's Wikipedia, whilst it his heavily moderated for fake information the odd troll can still get in there.

However it could be true and a brand new PMD game could be on the horizon n___n

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
I've never played Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, but I've heard great things on the forums yesterday. I was thinking of buying one. So, which would you recommend to start with? Should I just get the most recent one? If I buy an older version, what features am I missing out on?

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I've never played Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, but I've heard great things on the forums yesterday. I was thinking of buying one. So, which would you recommend to start with? Should I just get the most recent one? If I buy an older version, what features am I missing out on?

I would go and get Sky straight away as it is the most recent. It has more dungeons, starter Pokémon, special episodes and more.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
If you want to buy one then I'd agree with Vaporeon7 to go for Sky ;)
It has most features like Spinda's Café which is probably the best one ;), most dungeons, most starters (you can play as Riolu! :D) and special episodes are bonus as well :) It also has Shaymin who wasn't in the previous MDs :)

I would also suggest playing the first MD at least on emulator ;) Red/Blue was the beggining for most of use who love MDs and you really don't want to miss the emotions the first MD gave us :)

droomph

weeb
Years
I've never played Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, but I've heard great things on the forums yesterday. I was thinking of buying one. So, which would you recommend to start with?
Doesn't matter really - it's a great series and there's not much of a change in gameplay, though the stories are very different and all are a good purchase. Which one(s) can you afford right now? Buy however many you want, or can.
Should I just get the most recent one?
Ah, EoS. It's very good and has a lot of stories. As I said, if you want to, go ahead.
If I buy an older version, what features am I missing out on?
Nothing really - though the controls are a tiny bit more inconvenient (if you like using the touch screen) and the story is a bit shorter (the aftergame is longer though), but overall it's about the same value. Not that that's bad, but just consider which points you want the most. If you like story, go for EoS. If you just want to play the game, buy whichever one(s) you can afford, most likely Red Rescue Team. If you want an even balance, EoT/EoD is good.

Years
  • uk
  • Seen Dec 7, 2014
How do you defeat Darkrai on PMD OES? Because Cresselia keeps using up my Reviver Seeds and I've got like 30 of them :/ I've never lost to any boss, but I keep getting held back by Cresselia, because she's like lvl 47..
I decided I might use a Vanish Seed on her... but I'm only at lvl 54, and my partner Pikachu is on lvl 55, and the monster house is really hard XD and also I'm really bored of training up all the time soo yeah.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
I have a quick question regarding Conquest:
The official website says that the Keiji episode is available for download, but when I try to get it, it says I've downloaded the Ranmaru episode. Does anyone know if this is just a goof-up, or is my game just wacky? I haven't seen much on the topic.

Thanks in advance!

Perriechu

Years
How do you defeat Darkrai on PMD OES? Because Cresselia keeps using up my Reviver Seeds and I've got like 30 of them :/ I've never lost to any boss, but I keep getting held back by Cresselia, because she's like lvl 47..
I decided I might use a Vanish Seed on her... but I'm only at lvl 54, and my partner Pikachu is on lvl 55, and the monster house is really hard XD and also I'm really bored of training up all the time soo yeah.

That was probably like the hardest battle ever for me, tbh. ): Cresselia can actually be helpful but it depends who she's put up against. When she's near Aggron, Magcargo or Rhyperior you'll have to step in. Idk what your Pokemon is, I just hope it can do something against them lol. Before you start any battling, throw something like an x-eye seed at Darkrai, deal with his minions first. :> Cresselia can deal with Arbok and Magmortar, she may have trouble with Mismagius if it gets a few flinchy Astonishes in. Once that's done use everything you have to defeat Darkrai.

I have a quick question regarding Conquest:
The official website says that the Keiji episode is available for download, but when I try to get it, it says I've downloaded the Ranmaru episode. Does anyone know if this is just a goof-up, or is my game just wacky? I haven't seen much on the topic.

Thanks in advance!

The Keiji episode has only been distributed in Japan so it's probably just a mix up on the websites part.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Well you could say what you are =D (By the way Pikachu is pretty useless partner but well...)
Anyways your levels are pretty low... Training gets boring but I must say if you do interesting missions it doesn't get that boring at all ;)
I think you should train at least up to level 60 and have some Fighting attack on you.

Jessey Lawson

I like Nintendo prototypes
Years
  • Age 29
  • US
  • Seen Apr 21, 2013
What do you do after you capture Sahdow Lugia and how do you purify it. Also how do you beat the collisum to move on wiht the story.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
What do you do after you capture Sahdow Lugia and how do you purify it. Also how do you beat the collisum to move on wiht the story.
To purify XD001 you need to have full speed in all purify places in Purify Chamber.
Then put XD001 into one of those places and it will be instantly purified. (It's a waste though xD Shadow Lugia is cooler than normal Lugia :D)
Which Colosseum do you mean, by the way?

Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2012
Why can't I get a bad clone in Pokémon Stadium 2?

Hello everybody, I recently bought Pokémon Stadium 2 to perform the Celebi glitch, but I can't get a bad clone of Sneasel if my life depended on it.

Whenever I try to do this in my silver version, I end up getting good clones, and I tried doing it on my crystal version twice, but both those times after clicking "WITHDRAW" the screen turns blank and I have to reset the game :(

What could be going wrong?

PS: I also tried to make good clones in crystal and I can't make a single one, I turn the power off after "POWER" shows up, but no luck. I've never had this problems with Gold or Silver.

simons545

Aspiring Master
Years
Why can't I get a bad clone in Pokémon Stadium 2?

[SIZE="a"]Hmmm yeah crystals a funny one tried the cloning glitch myself and messed up and changed into a girl ?Fail much :/ but my sprite was that male red colour -_- permanently. Which was a bit awkward since my trainers name was Tyler :'( lol had 16 badges and all[/SIZE]

Blaze the Cat

Life hurts, and so do I
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2014
Sky question.
When can't you be rescued(bosses or some specific dungeons or other circumstances?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back