• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Help Thread: General Questions & Answers Thread

Have you ever found a shiny?

• Yes

Votes: 30 49.2%
  • No

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • Yes, but I lost it!

Votes: 14 23.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
It might be some fantranslation. People over at Pokemon Gaming Central might know better, so I'm moving this thread over there!

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
From the research I've done, it looks like there is no legitimate English version of Pokémon Green. It's most likely a bootlegged version.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I kind of highly doubt that they would spend a ton of money on translation and then only release a few copies of it. More likely someone translated it and then resold the cartridge to make some money. Did you get it from a game reseller or a legitimate source?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 7, 2014
Sounds like you have a pretty interesting cartridge there. It sounds like a bootleg, however it is strange that you've got every pokemon bar tauros. Seems like a lot of effort for someone to go to to make a bootleg. Does it follow the red/blue story? Even if it is a translation of the japanese pokemon green, there should be more version exclusive pokemon than just tauros, right?

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Well, technically Pokemon Green was released in America. As Pokemon Blue Version. The one that was never released in America was Blue version, lol, and even that is debatable since Red and Blue in America were based on code from their Blue Version. But JP Green = NA Blue in terms of actual content. But, it is correct that we never had an actually green (the color not version) cart in English. Can you post a picture of it? Maybe we can pin it to a specific bootleg? Some bootlegs are pretty high quality, so the fact that you were able to beat most of the game doesn't mean it's real.

gnmmarechal

Hurricane the Blaziken
Years
Hi friends! This is my first post. I just joined yesterday :D

Sorry if I'm in the wrong place, I really had a struggle navigating through the website. Hope I'm in the right place though :)

So basically, you know how there is pokemon red and blue? I have Pokemon green that I got around 12 years ago for my birthday. Now here is the thing, I only got told the other day by a friend that Pokemon green was never released in the US or the UK ( I'm from UK, England). But I have a copy, and it's in English or American, whatever you want to call it so it's not a Japanese version. And I only need a touros to complete my pokedex, so it's not a fake or anything because I've done the whole story. I read up on it and every time I type in on Google 'Pokemon green' 99% of the results come up with pokemon leaf green. And the other 1% is very vague about Pokemon green itself and only says very little. So I was wondering, did they only make a few of the English/American versions for Pokemon green? Or? Because I have one... And if it is worth a bit of money then I would sell it because I need funds to help pay for my brothers operation. So if anyone could please tell me the worth and value of this game or any comments or theories that are relevant could you please tell me!

Thank you so much.

It is a fake, Pocket Monsters: Midori (aka Pokemon Green) was never released outside Japan.

Aka & Midori (Red and Green) were the two original Pocket Monsters / Pokemon titles in Japan. They stopped being produced and bugs and sprites were fixed (don't believe Lavender Town Syndrome, a creepypasta is just a creepypasta). Then they came back out, with Aka & Ao (Red and Blue). Only then they came in the other countries.

It's most likely a fan / chinese translation, and it is not worth anything really.

I have 2 Midori (green) fakes. The first one, it is Pokemon Blue, with a title screen changed to say Green. The other one is a very bad translation to English of the original Midori.
But I am the proud owner of Pocket Monsters Aka (the first version), Pocket Monsters Ao (Blue), Pocket Monsters Aka (the 2nd version that came alongside Ao), and Midori (I like japanese games :D)

Well, technically Pokemon Green was released in America. As Pokemon Blue Version. The one that was never released in America was Blue version, lol, and even that is debatable since Red and Blue in America were based on code from their Blue Version. But JP Green = NA Blue in terms of actual content. But, it is correct that we never had an actually green (the color not version) cart in English. Can you post a picture of it? Maybe we can pin it to a specific bootleg? Some bootlegs are pretty high quality, so the fact that you were able to beat most of the game doesn't mean it's real.

Blue and Red aren't exactly Midori and Aka (v1.0). The sprites are different, and so is the dungeon where Mewtwo is.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Blue and Red aren't exactly Midori and Aka (v1.0). The sprites are different, and so is the dungeon where Mewtwo is.
My point was that the experience, with the exception of the Mewtwo dungeon, is basically the same. Sprites are cosmetic and don't affect gameplay, available Pokemon does.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Oct 4, 2014
when does spinda open the shop?

i dont know where to put this.i started over because it never opened.i killed dialga and he never came and opened the shop.i am about to go to the water fall cave.just so yall know i have not killed dialga i am about to go to the water fall cave for the first time in this game.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Since this is mainly a question topic, I'll go ahead and merge it with out Q&A thread.

As for Pokémon Green, I have to agree with everyone else, sorry to say; it's indeed fake.

Merged.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Oct 4, 2014
when does spinda open the shop?

i am about to go to the water fall cave..i am about to go to the water fall cave for the first time in this game.​

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Oct 4, 2014
i am playing that game.i have finished the cave and spinda wont get his fat bum over there and open the stupid thing.i want to go in there so i can start getting good things like reviver seeds.and all that good stuff.

Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Oct 7, 2014
Is Mew the same regardless of Gameshark, glitch or Nintendo Event?

I have always wondered this and I can't find anything with all the google searches, (this is aimed at Gen 1, but comments about other generations are welcome) but is the Mew that is obtained by Gameshark or Game Genie, or using a glitch the same as the Mew one would get back in the day that Nintendo would hand out to you at the events?

I mean, my logical thoughts about it are that the gameshark clearly just makes the next wild pokemon you meet a Mew as mew clearly has a defined code in the database, so it's not like it's magically making a new pokemon, and Mew is not a corrupted mistake glitch pokemon such as Missingno, as Mew was intended to be in the gamecode, but just desigened to be unobtainable except for Nintendo events.

I am playing Pokemon Yellow for the first time as I only got back into Pokemon after over 15 years, as I was only a Gen 1 player back in the day (Pokemon Blue, where I got 150 pokemon back in the late 90's), and this time I used the Mew gameshark code but I didn't get an overpowered Mew, I just got it to pair with Pikachu as a 1-2 punch and am raising Mew along with Pikachu from the low levels when I got them (I got Mew as a Level 5 I think from what I remember).
I do not intend to use other cheats, but I may be going off topic now, but I see it that if Nintendo are not doing the events anymore (what skill does it really take to turn up to an event and have Mew handed to you anyway), then I think I can use a gameshark code to get Mew, considering he can't be encountered in the game (well except for the glitch, and thus the reason for this whole main question in the title of this thread).

Anyway, i've gone on too long with this post, what are everyones thoughts on this?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I believe Mew is the same, yes. When encountering, GameShark sends you the data of Mew automatically, I feel, which would more or less would be the same in comparison to any other kind of Mew.

Anyhow, this thread would likely belong in Quick Questions thread, so I'm going ahead and merging it with that! I hope it's okay with you!

Merged.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
You're playing Explorers of Sky, right? Not Time or Darkness? Also what message are you getting? Is it just not open or existing, or is Spinda at the rock near the junction?

Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Oct 7, 2014
I believe Mew is the same, yes. When encountering, GameShark sends you the data of Mew automatically, I feel, which would more or less would be the same in comparison to any other kind of Mew.

Anyhow, this thread would likely belong in Quick Questions thread, so I'm going ahead and merging it with that! I hope it's okay with you!

Merged.

I am new to this website so I can't complain if it is merged I guess.

Well, was curious that the Mews Nintendo handed out at the events they held back in the day, surely they simply "gamesharked" those mews for themselves to hand out to attendees of the events (well as they had the source code for the game then they could simply made X amount of Mews which is essentially the same as gamesharking yeah?)

Rageon

Houndoom-Raised Ace Trainer!
Years
Questions I have about HAs.

Hi! Two questions I have.
1) if your Pokemon has a hidden ability can you see it in its ability slot ( when you click summary.)
2) Are female Pokemon certain to pass HAs?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Hi! Two questions I have.
1) if your Pokemon has a hidden ability can you see it in its ability slot ( when you click summary.)
2) Are female Pokemon certain to pass HAs?

1. Mostly yes, but the only Pokemon that can't be determined if it has its DW/Hidden Ability or not is Ferroseed, who lacks one, while its evolved form, Ferrothorn, does.
2. It's not guaranteed that females will pass down their DW/Hidden Abilities; there's roughly a 60% chance of that happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back