• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Name Rater

Arjay

#GoStags
Years
I used to name my Geodudes/Gravelers/Golems Granite. Perfect fit for many rock types. 10/10

One of my favourite names I've come up with was for my male Spheal (now a level 100 Walrein) in my first time playing AS: Rotundra. Combining both it's shape and it's habitat.

365.gif

Arma

The Hyena
Years
That sounds like it could've been its actual name! 9/10.

Ave Caesar, the proud Arcanine that blazed through countless battles!

Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Oct 6, 2016
Caesar for Arcanine? does not sound bad. 9/10

I name my favorite Pokemon, Which is Beedrill, Avis. Avis is short for
"Avispa" (Ah-biss-pah) in my native language (it means wasp).

Arjay

#GoStags
Years
Ha! I've got a Dustox called that. {XD} 9/10

I had a mental block when thinking of a nickname for the Groudon I caught on OR yesterday so I just called it Hoenn Wilson.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen May 1, 2017
Alright i give Hoenn Wilson a 6/10 cause its somewhat of an Insult to Groudon :P

How about Kurama for Ninetales which is what i named my Vulpix which i caught in FR after going a Binge Marathon of every season of Naruto to date

ジュナイパー

シャドーアローズ? ??トライク!
Years
Isn't Kurama that in fox with all those tails? If so, then 8.5/10! (Sorry, I don't watch Naruto {XD})

I wanted a menacing name for my Charizard, so I chose the most menacing name I could think of. So I picked Devin.

khaozz

Peace sells, but who's buying?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 26, 2018
I think it's a good name. Not bad. 8/10

I named my Yveltal Yami, since it means darkness and it starts with the letter Y.

Reactions: noa

noa

sleeping cutie
Years
I like it! Short and sweet and super cool. 9/10

I named my dear Beedrill (my favorite Pokemon) in my Y version Takaramono, which means Treasure in Japanese.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
7/10 I quite like it, and it has a really nice meaning, only I had to read it to myself a few times before it could roll off my tongue lol.

Every Azurill I get, I name Tutter, after the little blue mouse character from Bear in the Big Blue House.

Omg! You just went up one in my books! I own an accurate plushie of him somewhere haha; I've just loved him for as long as I can remember, as well as Treelo, Pip and Pop! "Cheesy fruit pops! Cheesy fruit pops!" Tutter was awesome. xD

Anyway, back to the game. I chose to name my competitive Meowstic Specs, for as a female she focuses on a more special movepool and thus holds Choice Specs. :) Also, I quite like saying it haha.

Arjay

#GoStags
Years
Specs is fun to say. Just rolls off the tongue nicely. And I suppose it could work for lots of different Pokemon seeing as it's not specific to Meowstic. 8/10

Omg! You just went up one in my books! I own an accurate plushie of him somewhere haha; I've just loved him for as long as I can remember, as well as Treelo, Pip and Pop! "Cheesy fruit pops! Cheesy fruit pops!" Tutter was awesome. xD

I've got a Tutter plushie as well! My cousin got it in a McDonald's happy meal years ago. It's my dog's favourite toy, he curls up and goes to sleep with it. :)

Currently playing Omega Ruby and naming everything I catch. My favourite so far is Culture Club the Kecleon.

Dammit I've got the song stuck in my head again!

Arjay

#GoStags
Years
I don't really know what it means. If it even has a meaning. 5/10 because I don't like it or dislike it.

Just this morning I caught a Shuppet on OR and named it HiFive Ghost.

Regular Show FTW!

Years
How does it hi-five without hands? Still, 5/10 because it has five in the name.

I used to have a Gastly named PurpleHaze.

Years
6/10. It's fitting but a little too predictable for me and not the type of nickname I'd give a ghost Pokémon (especially without a space).

I was thinking of naming my future Crobat Nemesis since its poison is so deadly and it obviously doesn't have the most friendly demeanor. Thoughts?

Back