• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Actors with cool voices

Years
Are there any actors or actreses out there with speaking voices that amuse you? This can refer to an actor of today or from the distant past, so long as there is something about their voice that gets your attention.

A character actor who has been on my mind recently is New Zealand actor Craig Parker. He's a good actor, and he has a voice that's sexy, but it also sounds classy and smart. I first saw him as Haldir in The Lord of the Rings movies, and know he's been in other things like Spartacus and Xena, but I especially liked hearing him talk as Darken Rahl from the series Legend of the Seeker, his voice is always dripping with insinuation as this evil sorceror and ruler.

Mathew MacFayden (Ripper Street, Little Dorit, Pride and Prejudice) is another actor who has a voice I like. It's so warm and honeyed, sonorous. He good at accents too. I really liked hearing him play a Welshman as Prior Phillip on the series Pillars of the Earth. He can sing too, voice of angel.

A voice that also has not escaped my notice is Aidan Turner's. I have seen in a few different roles now like Lombard from Agatha Christie's And Then There Were None, the Hobbit movies as Kili. I heard he was in Mortal Instruments too. I was just watching him in the series Poldark as Ross, and listening to that lush, clear and commanding baritone. I can totally believe that he served as a captain during the war.

Who are some entertainers that you think have interesting voices?

Years
people with British accents always get me. Emily Blunt, Rosamund Pike, Rowan Atkinson, Tom Hiddleston, etc. they're just so hot to listen to. Scottish accents do the same. Brian Limond, James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, i could go on and on.

i will forever love Kristen Bell's speaking and singing voice thanks to Princess Anna.

Matthew McConaughey's always got that effortless swagger with his voice that i will never be able to imitate in my lifetime. it's definitely the way he carries himself too.

there's definitely a lot more that i haven't mentioned yet, i just can't remember them at the moment. if i recall any i might edit this thread later on hehe.

Years
I forgot how good the voice of Sir Alec Guinness is to listen to. So polished and crisp, yet calm and hypnotic. It was like he was drawing you into a mystery, and it fit his often wise personages on film.

Last edited:
Years
Clancy-freaking-Brown baby! I always really liked Tilda Swintons voice too, its so smooth and powerful. Colin Firth too, the Brits really just have the best voices in my opinion and Clancy Brown has a good English accent.

Years
+1 to Clancy Brown. He has a strong bass, and I love the way he delivers lines.

While I am at it, let my jump on the James Earl Jones bandwagon too with Squirtlenator. Who doesn't like him?

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
My answer is easily Jude Law, I've been in love with his voice forever, it's so smooth and sexy, and that accent, it's to die for... I wish he would narrate audiobooks!

Years
Adding Linda Hunt to this list. She is such a great actress, and she plays so many strong, smart and unconventional characters of all genders, and I think this lady is just so versatile and interesting. I like in lots of different character parts like in the Bostonians, The Year of Living Dangerously, and one of the most striking things about her is her speaking voice. She is eloquent, and has this low, husky speaking voice that can sound otherworldly. Some folks may remember her as Grandmother Willow in Pochantas, but my favorite part that really shows off her voice is in an old, overlooked HBO series called Carnivale, where she plays a character who is very mysterious and is kept mostly out of sight for almost two seasons, communicating from behind a veil. Her voice is so powerful and full of so many rich colors, she just leaves me riveted

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Jodie Comer only because she's so good at other accents that i momentarily forget she has a strong liverpudlian accent herself

gyaru

agepoyo ✩
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jan 19, 2022
Kiefer Sutherland. He needs to do more voice acting roles (him as Venom in MGSV was so good, but he only had like 10 lines)

Back