• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Proposal: Pokémon Unite Open Beta First Impressions

Ranko

Aloof Unmoving Maiden
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 14, 2023
hey! while figuring out the Pokken -> UNITE references and reused animations article, I ended up playing the ranked mode on Pokemon UNITE pretty extensively and climbing pretty high.

Unfortunately, due to limited Beta time, I was only able to play and unlock a select few characters, but I DID play a pretty great variety of playstles I think, playing one Late-Game 'Attack-Speed' character (Garchomp), a mon with heavy CC abilties (Ninetales), Charizard I'm not sure what he was supposed to be, but I played him as a speed-clear Jungler who hits level 5 and immediately ganks other lanes 1-2 levels ahead, and a ranged character (Venusaur). The only archetype I think I missed out on was a Healer in the form of Eldegoss, but I played enough against them that I think I can at least surmise their points?

Since the game was in japanese, I was unable to figure out every characters passive abilities (The ones I did play I was able to obviously figure out after a few rounds though), and since the beta is gone, I can't exactly check them anymore

Just thought of it kind of recently, so I'm mostly figuring out how I'd pace this article and some bullet points I could cover

- Comparisons to other MOBA titles (I was unfortunately a League of Legends player for a few years and can definitely kinda draw out how it differs and plays differently)

- The gameplay loop and basic systems that revolve around each character (like the branching skill paths in-battle upon leveling)

- The TENCENT systems lmao (battle pass, 3 currencies, upgrading system, a gacha wheel etc)

- Matchmaking and other stuff

...that's all I'm thinking about so far. Anything else I might've missed out on that'd be smart to cover?

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I think those are good points to cover and easily substantial for an article by itself.

Other things to cover... mention of graphics and animations, perhaps? And the UI as well.

Ranko

Aloof Unmoving Maiden
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 14, 2023
I think those are good points to cover and easily substantial for an article by itself.

Other things to cover... mention of graphics and animations, perhaps? And the UI as well.

Ooh, very good points! I can also extend that to how the controls feel and play as well, there were a few awkward moments I definitely need to cover when in the heat of a match.

Back