• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are there any caves you didn't use Flash to get through?

Years
There are many caves throughout the games that are dark until you use Flash to light them up. Are there any you don't/didn't use Flash for and can simply find your way through yourself? I mostly memorized the path for Rock Tunnel and Mt. Silver when I was younger so I went through in the dark, though it's been ages since I actually played through those games. So I wonder how well I'd do it now lol.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
I mostly use Flash for convenience. Gen 1 Rock Tunnel and Hoenn's Granite Cave are the exception for that. Rock Tunnel you can clearly see the outlines of the walls and Granite Cave is simple enough to get through without much of an issue.

I also went through Mt. Silver and Hoenn's Victory Road without Flash at some point. But especially the latter was really frustrating that way.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 19, 2021
I'm sure I never used on Gen 1 Rock Tunnel (if I'm not mistaken), Gen 3 cave where you encounter Steve for the first time and Kyogre / Groudon cave. They are all easy even without flash

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 26, 2021
In Gen 1 I had a magazine that showed the entire Rock Tunnel and Victory Road, so I never used Flash in those caves hehe

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 2, 2021
In Gen 1 I had a magazine that showed the entire Rock Tunnel and Victory Road, so I never used Flash in those caves hehe

cheater detected, haha (just kidding)
i hate caves where you have to use flash
there are usually 2 or 3 and after you get to the other side you never get back to them
it's a waste, so i usually have a useless pokemon just for flash
my slaves are for more useful HMs

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
i always do granite cave without flash bc when i first played, i didn't realize they intended on you to beat brawly first lol so yeah. i usually don't use it in any caves in RSE tbh, i know that game so well that i just don't need it. i used to be able to do rock tunnel in kanto without it, but i've since lost that map memory so i need it now unfortunately. same with mt. coronet, i used to get through fine, but i don't remember sinnoh as well as i used to so i need flash now in my old age. waves cane

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Similar to above - I did Granite Cave without Flash. For some reason I couldn't get past Slateport City (didn't have the right conversation to move the grunts - spent a lot of time in Battle Tent though!) when playing Emerald so by the time I finally did get to the end of the game I'd never had any need for Flash and Hoenn's Victory Road was an absolute nightmare. In fact I still think its the worst one to get through out of those I've played (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova) mostly due to the fact that Flash doesn't illuminate as much of the screen.

Back