The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games Game Development Scripts & Tutorials
Essentials Script Elite Battle 2015: Gen 5 battle skin

Scripts & Tutorials This forum is for scripts and code, as well as all kinds of tutorials, software, tools and so forth. Remember to give credit!
The thread revival limit does not apply here.

Old December 21st, 2017 (6:41 AM).

Is there some scripts that can be used individually like the trainer animation before battle for example ?

Relevant Advertising!

Old December 21st, 2017 (1:54 PM). Edited December 21st, 2017 by Emik.
    FC: 2251-5217-5817

Nature: Jolly
      I found a bug where each time an Item should make a message on switch in, like for example, Air Balloon ("Pokemon floats in the air with its Air Balloon!"), actually displays the Pokemon's ability instead of the item, with the Gen 5 Ability Display graphic. Is there a way to solve this?
      Old January 22nd, 2018 (1:09 AM). Edited January 22nd, 2018 by PokemonTrainerPsaro.

Hey there! I'm using some sprites from the internet in EBS to use in my game. However, for some reason, some of the sprites have sizing issues.

Despite the sprite sizes being identical to every other, sprites for some Pokémon 650 - 721 have their frontsprites halved in side. And some Pokémon 722 - 800 have sprite sizes doubled. I have BACKSPRITESCALE set to 2 and POKEMONSPRITESCALE set to 1. These sprite sizes only glitch out occasionally, and, as far as I know, it is only these sprites - only the ranges I listed seem to have these error, and it's the only discernable pattern with the errors. Sorry if I'm violating or being a bother at all!

Old February 17th, 2018 (7:49 PM). Edited February 17th, 2018 by TheGary2346.

Hi. I've seem to run into a few bugs that were also present in older versions of EBS from what I've been told. Basically, if a Primal Pokemon is knocked out, its symbol stays until you/opp sends out another Pokemon. I'm assuming it's meant to function like the Mega symbol where it fades out once a Pokemon's HP reaches zero, but it doesn't seem to function properly. Here is what I'm talking about:

Issue is the same for the opponent as well. There is also something else I noticed. If your opponent uses a Primal and THAN uses a Mega Pokemon, their Mega symbol will never appear, even if they were to switch out and than switch back in later in the match. Also if you're using a Primal vs an opp who uses Primal + Mega, your Primal will also lose its symbol, as seen here:

This also happens if using Mega into Primal fwiw, the order doesn't matter, as long as both are used in the same match. I honestly have no clue how to go about fixing this myself and someone else had the same exact issue with the last version of EBS freshly installed so it's clearly just a scripting error that was overlooked. Just wanted to get this out there if someone wants to try and fix it for everyone.
          Old April 8th, 2018 (8:49 AM).

Can somebody please help me?
            When I use the EbsUi2 the hp animation when taking damage is really laggy or abrupt.
            Thx in advance
            Old 1 Week Ago (5:17 PM).
            MOFPC - Master Of Fake Pokémon Creation

Um...I installed EBS and this error keeps coming up:
              ---------------------------
              Pokémon Violet
              Script 'EliteBattle_0' line 464: NameError occurred.

undefined method `pbSuccessCheck' for class `PokeBattle_Battler'
              OK

This always happens when I have EBS installed, I haven't modified anything in EBS, I literally just reinstalled it today, and it doesn't get fixed by pressing Ctrl when playtesting (which compiles all the data, which is what the EBS faq says to do about NameErrors). I can't seem to find this error anywhere else, so what should I do?

My DeviantArt, home of Zantaru Dex[/sig-reason]
              Old 1 Week Ago (10:23 PM).

Nature: Quiet
                Is it possible to have some scripts from ebs seperate? Like the show type advantage for the basic ui?

Quick Reply