• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Pillars of Destiny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Spoiler:

He has the story all figured out, or at least I believe he does, he told us the bare minimum so that it wont ruin the game, and we will have a reason to play it, but he's working on the graphics because he likes the battle aspect of the game and wants to perfect that because its the most fun, and a huge part of a pokemon game.

If you want to see how it looks check his DA

Years
He has the story all figured out, or at least I believe he does, he told us the bare minimum so that it wont ruin the game, and we will have a reason to play it, but he's working on the graphics because he likes the battle aspect of the game and wants to perfect that because its the most fun, and a huge part of a pokemon game.

If you want to see how it looks check his DA
Oh my friend, you missed my point. I'm just saying that he can do whatever he wants with the graphics, as long as he has made up a solid story.. By reading the entire description and all, it seemed to me(99% I may be wrong in this one) that he hasn't organized all of his ideas and all. But that's just me... Also, this may make me sound like a noob and all, but what's a DA?

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
Oh my friend, you missed my point. I'm just saying that he can do whatever he wants with the graphics, as long as he has made up a solid story.. By reading the entire description and all, it seemed to me(99% I may be wrong in this one) that he hasn't organized all of his ideas and all. But that's just me... Also, this may make me sound like a noob and all, but what's a DA?

I have an entire style guide for Pillars and it has been compiled over years. I intentionally left things vague.

If the entire trailer for Diablo III Reaper of Souls was text only and that was all that was handed to you, I wonder if that would be enough for people because really the trailer for it gives you less info than what you find in the OP for Pillars. What makes it more concrete is visual detail in the form of a cinematic to simply bypass story details.

People here want way too much information about games and I find it unhealthy that they ask for a lot of detail and that developers actually give it to them.

If you really want to know what the game is about,

It is about a young boy/girl who has a passion for Pokemon who ends up having the opportunity to become a trainer and participate in the league challenge while facing dangerous trials that will test the bond they have with their pokemon whilst saving the entire world and becoming the league champion.

There.

I find it annoying that people really have to ask what the game is about because it is the same as any other pokemon game. If you want to know more about the world, it isn't going to happen sorry. Use your imagination, that is what makes fictional worlds so wonderful.

Years
I have an entire style guide for Pillars and it has been compiled over years. I intentionally left things vague.

If the entire trailer for Diablo III Reaper of Souls was text only and that was all that was handed to you, I wonder if that would be enough for people because really the trailer for it gives you less info than what you find in the OP for Pillars. What makes it more concrete is visual detail in the form of a cinematic to simply bypass story details.

People here want way too much information about games and I find it unhealthy that they ask for a lot of detail and that developers actually give it to them.

If you really want to know what the game is about,

It is about a young boy/girl who has a passion for Pokemon who ends up having the opportunity to become a trainer and participate in the league challenge while facing dangerous trials that will test the bond they have with their pokemon whilst saving the entire world and becoming the league champion.

There.

I find it annoying that people really have to ask what the game is about because it is the same as any other pokemon game. If you want to know more about the world, it isn't going to happen sorry. Use your imagination, that is what makes fictional worlds so wonderful.
Okay, it seems to me that I have offended you in a way or pissed you off, so allow to me to take the responsibility for my actions and say that I am terribly sorry. I never meant you to be annoyed by my criticism and you're right, I shouldn't be judging things when I know absolutely nothing about the story whatsoever... So with that being said, just know that I'm really sorry, and from this point on, I won't be like that anymore. But just so we are perfectly clear, I never asked for the story in the first place. I was just curious about whether you made the final story or not, I have no intention whatsoever in learning more about the story, and I as sure as hell prefer to find out by playing the game itself. I repeat, I was just asking whether the entire story has been made or not, or whether ideas for the story are still being generated. That's what I meant. I'm sorry if what I said gave you the wrong impression but that's what I meant my man... So, I hope you understand, and I hope you can forgive me. So let's just forget this ever happened and move on with our lives yeah? :)

But seriously, what's a DA? I gots to know. Sorry again btw...

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
I am not pissed or offended. Sorry if it came off that way, I am just being blunt and I am annoyed with the idea not the person (because many people have this idea).

The final story has been set for a while now and I honestly have not touched it in some time and don't have any intentions of doing so.

DA is deviantART

Years
I am not pissed or offended. Sorry if it came off that way, I am just being blunt and I am annoyed with the idea not the person (because many people have this idea).

The final story has been set for a while now and I honestly have not touched it in some time and don't have any intentions of doing so.

DA is deviantART
I don't blame you actually... In honesty, I would have done the same thing as well... So I checked your deviantart, and I'm curious, the backgrounds that are there resembling X and Y, will they be present in the game along with the 3D sprites? If so, awesome! And this may seem like a random question and all, but this may just linked to the game in terms of difficulty and managing the level curve and whatnot... So without further ado, are you by any chance into competitive battling? Sorry if this is downright random :P. I guess this is what happens when I watch too much of Bray Wyatt's promos XD. Thanks anyways, and don't worry, it's not happening again :)

Rabby

The Samurott Awaits...
Years
Ah...very, very nice ^^
I cant wait n.n!
Btw, I have 2 questions ;)

-Will Oshawott be obtainable in this game?

-And may I ask wut rom base is this hack on ^^?

-And will the sprites/models be constantly moving :o?

Thankies <3

Last edited:

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Ah...very, very nice ^^
I cant wait n.n!
Btw, I have 2 questions ;)

-Will Oshawott be obtainable in this game?

-And may I ask wut rom base is this hack on ^^?

-And will the sprites/models be constantly moving :o?

Thankies <3

A quick skim over what section the game is in will explain what "rom base" it isn't on.

As or the Sprites, what is in his signature is what you will see in-game.

Years
Again, not asking about the story one bit, but compared to the Pokemon games made to this date, will the plot be more mature and darker than the other games? Just curious...

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Apr 3, 2024
Hmm I can't wait to see this game fully done it looks and seems like it will be an amazing game and I can't wait to play it.

GaryFreakingOak

8 badges in Kanto? I got 10.
Years
ohhhh my goodness. This is so beautiful. I didn't do myself any favors by checking out your DA, it just feels unfair.

For the record, I like that you didn't spell out the story word for word on here. It will be nice to play through a game and actually need to pay attention to the dialogue and story for a change.

Years
Small update, I will be swapping out on of the starters with another one :). Stay tuned.
Well I'm glad that you decided to do that actually. The current starters weren't in sync to be honest, to such an extent that they can counter each other, which is the case for the other starters.. Looking forward to it :)

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
Well I'm glad that you decided to do that actually. The current starters weren't in sync to be honest, to such an extent that they can counter each other, which is the case for the other starters.. Looking forward to it :)

If you are talking about countering each other in battle, the base stats for pokemon in Pillars are going to be modified and the starters are no exception. Balancing the battle system while mixing things up is a priority.

Years
If you are talking about countering each other in battle, the base stats for pokemon in Pillars are going to be modified and the starters are no exception. Balancing the battle system while mixing things up is a priority.
Oh, so you mean that you're gonna do something similar to what Drayano60 did with Blaze Black and Volt White? You're only going to modify the stats and not add other moves, change the types to the Pokemon like Dray did right?

Last edited:

Jojirius

Jacuzzi Ant
Years
If I may ask, where is the downloadable content located? I could just be bad at finding it but...XD

The sprites look amazing. I love the idea of living in a tractor-trailer being included, and the human overworld sprites are really unique!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back