• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

pET PEEVES

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
Okay, the 2nd graveyard in my Moon Nuzrun. Please be a Gastly, please be a Gastly...YES a Gastly!

Aaaand it?s jolly natured. I mean sure it?s Sp.attk is already high enough and it doesn?t get any real special attacks for a few several levels but WHY. Welp, #GottaGoFast

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
Playing Heart Gold, the bug catching contest wasn't well designed.

The Pinsir I caught didn't even get third place, because I paralyzed it to catch it. First place went to a caterpie :/.

I don't remember if it was this bad in Gen 2.

Years
When the older Pokemon games (usually the GBA ones) just freeze randomly if you knock the system sometimes. Obviously the cartridges are super old but when you lose over an hour's worth of time it's suuuuper frustrating!

PageEmp

Years
There is one bad thing in my GSB nuzrun, and it is so many damn Fakemon. I mean at first I get the 2 gift ones, those are fine, the first wild one was also fine, and after that I just became sick of Fakemon at that point. And it doesn't help that one of them looks like this:
Spoiler:

Years
I hate IVs and EVs continue to be very hidden stats.

At least 6th Gen allowed EVs to be more visible, even if it's not direct numbers. And 7th Gen finally made IVs visible, while Hyper Training did at least allow salvation for those precious Pokemon that originally got cursed with poor IVs.

Last edited:
Years
another pet peeve: the lack of an expansive and engaging post-game

please don't let me get bored after i beat the elite four, game freak. @_@

PageEmp

Years
I'm still sick of getting Fakemon in my GSB nuzrun. Yes I know, it's normally a good thing for other people, but not me. I don't know, I'm just tired of getting them, especially since I did not expect it.

CrimsonMajestic

From Dusk to Dawn
Years
another pet peeve: the lack of an expansive and engaging post-game

please don't let me get bored after i beat the elite four, game freak. @_@
And/or excessively appealing to VGC at the expense of said post-game content. That said, I would have to say this would be my biggest irritant regarding the Pokemon series as of late.

For some reason Game Freak refuses to have a mean rival to this day, even going so far as to make Green in seventh gen actually nicer, a surprising contrast to what he used to be.
Yes, I've noticed this being a trend since generation 5---which is unfortunate. Of course, generation 3 seems to be an offender of this as well.

It goes without saying that my favorite 'rival' character from the entire series would go to Blue (or Gary, whichever you prefer); honorable mentions go to Silver & Barry.

Mean rivals are too PG for the series.
Screw that noise! :tongue-poke:

Years
I think my biggest one is when people treat Pokémon that are explicitly not one-of-a-kind as being singular characters, and/or that insist on all Pokémon being of the gender they "look like they should be", by conventional standards. For example, Jigglypuff is a species, not an individual character. There are individual characters who are Jigglypuff, but the species is not a monolith, nor is it all-female. There are male Jigglypuff. There are female Machop. Etc. etc.

People acting like this is somehow a mistake in judgment or something on GameFreak's part is so annoying.

PageEmp

Years
Tfw you get Caterpie twice in a row while summoning mons in Pokemon Quest. I know Caterpie isn't really bad and I wasn't expecting something good but I was expecting something unique.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
I think my biggest one is when people treat Pokémon that are explicitly not one-of-a-kind as being singular characters, and/or that insist on all Pokémon being of the gender they "look like they should be", by conventional standards. For example, Jigglypuff is a species, not an individual character. There are individual characters who are Jigglypuff, but the species is not a monolith, nor is it all-female. There are male Jigglypuff. There are female Machop. Etc. etc.

People acting like this is somehow a mistake in judgment or something on GameFreak's part is so annoying.

The entire Smash community when discussing Pokémon tbh

Years
^ Idk if this applies to SM AI in particular but back when I did Battle Maison in ORAS it was super annoying to have my opponent constantly use Detect/Protect like two or maybe three times in a row. x.x

Years
  • Age 23
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 28, 2019
The lack of post game content in recent gens, and the entire existence of Let's GO Eevee and Pikachu (I'm sorry, it had to be said).

Back