• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dungeons you hated in Super Mystery Dungeon?

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
Years
Submerged Cave, Submerged Cave, Submerged Cave! The guest is no help, my partner dies in three hits, I die in one hit. Perfect time to be a Fire type, right? I hate things that can attack me from across the room! I finally got through using about fifteen Reviver Seeds and a ton of Stayaway Wands.

sonic65101

Johto Champion
Years
  • Age 26
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 12, 2023
I was a Charmander with a Squirtle partner. Just finished the main story last night. I hated the Tree of Life: Trunk dungeon. Grass-Type Pokémon and Pokémon that know Earthquake.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
Basically that dungeon you have to go through before the 2nd town (really really just can't remember their names, I've tried but it's been 2 years). It was by FAR the hardest thing in SMD. Everything else was fine for me with some of them being slightly harder than the others, but that dungeon! Just...why. Bouffalants who can hit like a truck while soaking your hits, and there's Onix which might not seem to be a threat at first, but it can shrug off your Water guns and Razor leaves like nothing and proceed to troll your partner infinity times. Seriously my partner got wrecked by an Onix so many times I lost track, and mostly because I thought "don't worry hes 4x weak to us we got this under the bag". And literally every other thing that was put there was pretty much like the 2 I mentioned, they're out to destroy you and tank your everything. If anybody out there remembers what this monstrously awful place was called, feel free to tell me, thanks in advance.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 5, 2023
I was Chikorita, I managed to survive hydro pump OK thanks to type + bulk. My partner, a Torchic, was not so lucky.
Why the HECK could those attacks pierce through?! That's just not fair.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
I don't necessarily "hate" any dungeon, but some can be crazy hard. The 99 floor dungeons are a nightmare to get through, mostly for how tedious they are!

I always found Buried Relic to be annoying, particularly the traps and Ghost Pok?mon. D:

If anybody out there remembers what this monstrously awful place was called, feel free to tell me, thanks in advance.

Could it be Gentle Slope Cave? I remember both Onix and Bouffalant appearing in that dungeon. It was pretty tough!

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 5, 2023
Ugh, Sheer Mountain range. I nicknamed it 'The Dungeon That Would Not End' thanks to it being the longest one yet. To add insult to injury, I fainted on the thirteenth floor.
To save myself the misery, I grabbed a dragonite to rescue myself.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
The one with dragons was super awful in Red and Blue. Like that bloody always took it out of me lol AND THEN THE KECLEON AND THE ROOMS FULL ;_; Scary stuff.

Last edited:
Back