The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games Games Showcase
Demo Pokemon Rebalanced (Demo, 5 Badges & Pokemon Tower)

Games Showcase This forum is for non-ROM hacked games created by the community. Browse the collection or post your own!

View Poll Results: Which city should the SS Anne head to after you beat Surge?
Olivine City 3 50.00%
Mossdeep City 1 16.67%
Snowpoint City 1 16.67%
Driftveil City 1 16.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 23rd, 2015 (8:28 PM).
The Psycho Pokemon

Nature: Jolly
    Wow. I didn't think it would be so picky to demand WinRAR only. I thought any program like WinRAR would work.

Anyway I got the game working, now I'm curous about the move lists. Granted this is in beta still but does the bulbasaur line get any physical poison moves? I wanted to ask in the off chance one were to choose a more physical offensive set with a Venusaur.

Relevant Advertising!

Old May 23rd, 2015 (9:19 PM). Edited May 23rd, 2015 by Wootius.
    Glah

Quote:
      Originally Posted by looneyman1 View Post
      Wow. I didn't think it would be so picky to demand WinRAR only. I thought any program like WinRAR would work.

Anyway I got the game working, now I'm curious about the move lists. Granted this is in beta still but does the bulbasaur line get any physical poison moves? I wanted to ask in the off chance one were to choose a more physical offensive set with a Venusaur.
      Venusaur has been converted to a special moveset in order to bulk up. :(

It has a serviceable attack, but will have to rely on TMs.

Rough overview below. Updates not guaranteed quickly on the data below, but I will answer questions in this thread.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BzCGNKiGd7GSfjE3elVSVDViZE80RGF1dTVpWjFxUWtBVG0wMl92T0hwUW9xd0V3S0hJVlk&usp=sharing

Besure to stock up after leaving Pewter City. No joke.
      Old May 24th, 2015 (6:14 AM).
      The Psycho Pokemon

I figured I'd ask because when I first started I found an adamant bulbasaur with the ideal IV spread (24 in attack making it pretty effective then between 25-30 for both defenses) but I reset anyway and went for a different nature to be safe.
        Old May 24th, 2015 (11:29 AM).
        8 badges in Kanto? I got 10.

Quote:
          FWIW, 7zip worked perfectly fine for me. Lauerolus, I would actually recommend using that to package in the future as it is actually freeware unlike WinRAR.
          Old May 25th, 2015 (9:39 AM).
          The Psycho Pokemon

Might it be at all possible to have something with the synchronize ability be around Viridian Forest or on the path to Indigo Plateau where the second rival battle is at the start of the game come next beta? It took forever to get a Pidgey with an adamant nature and its taking even longer to get a Jolly Mankey for my team.

And speaking of rival battles for some reason the rival has a clone of himself on the road along with him.

Old May 25th, 2015 (10:14 AM).
            Glah

Quote:
              Originally Posted by GaryFreakingOak View Post
              FWIW, 7zip worked perfectly fine for me. Lauerolus, I would actually recommend using that to package in the future as it is actually freeware unlike WinRAR.
              I will do so for Demo 2.0.

Quote:
              Might it be at all possible to have something with the synchronize ability be around Viridian Forest or on the path to Indigo Plateau where the second rival battle is at the start of the game come next beta? It took forever to get a Pidgey with an adamant nature and its taking even longer to get a Jolly Mankey for my team.

And speaking of rival battles for some reason the rival has a clone of himself on the road along with him.
              Mew?

Synchronize Eevee from your Mom could be cool.

I just placed him twice. I've deleted the second. Thank you.
              Old May 25th, 2015 (7:34 PM).

Couple of bugs I've noticed. One is game breaking, at least for me.

Spoiler:

This text has occasionally appeared during opponent's attacks. The attack would still work after the text was on screen, so it appeared to be an aesthetic bug only. Specifically, this trainer
                Spoiler:
                and at least one other near that point caused this problem.

Secondly, Brock is freezing my game after defeating him:
                Spoiler:

He's talked to me, set a plan for Mt. Moon, and tried leaving the cave. The game freezes at the screenshot.
                Old May 25th, 2015 (8:12 PM). Edited May 25th, 2015 by Wootius.
                Glah

Quote:
                  Couple of bugs I've noticed. One is game breaking, at least for me.

1.) This text has occasionally appeared during opponent's attacks. The attack would still work after the text was on screen, so it appeared to be an aesthetic bug only. Specifically, this trainer and at least one other near that point caused this problem.

2.) Secondly, Brock is freezing my game after defeating him. He's talked to me, set a plan for Mt. Moon, and tried leaving the cave. The game freezes at the screenshot.
                  Thank you for trying the game! I have updated the demo several times since its release a few days ago. It's now on 15.1 from v13. But I will address your report because you took the time to do one!

1.) Was when I programed Sheer Force into v13 myself. 15.1 has it native and no messages appear now.

2.) I turned Through on here but didn't turn it off, or him walking into the door caused this. I've addressed both and it now works in Demo 1.2. I've also fixed several other bugs like this early game from reports.

The link the front page now sends you to my subreddit, where I've split the game and uploaded the latest version. This way you will not have to download the Audio and Battler folders again. This will break save compatibility, as I had to move my custom moveids up ~100 due to the Gen 6 Addon.

Thank you for playing.
                  Old May 25th, 2015 (9:38 PM).

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by lauerolus View Post
                    Thank you for trying the game! I have updated the demo several times since its release a few days ago. It's now on 15.1 from v13. But I will address your report because you took the time to do one!

1.) Was when I programed Sheer Force into v13 myself. 15.1 has it native and no messages appear now.

2.) I turned Through on here but didn't turn it off, or him walking into the door caused this. I've addressed both and it now works in Demo 1.2. I've also fixed several other bugs like this early game from reports.

The link the front page now sends you to my subreddit, where I've split the game and uploaded the latest version. This way you will not have to download the Audio and Battler folders again. This will break save compatibility, as I had to move my custom moveids up ~100 due to the Gen 6 Addon.

Thank you for playing.
                    Whoops! I had the feeling they were probably addressed as they seemed pretty obvious, but I didn't see any notes about them so I figured I'd report in case :)

I'll download the new version and start a new game with it. Would you prefer feedback/bug reports on here or reddit?
                    Old May 26th, 2015 (12:03 AM).
                    Glah

Quote:
                      Whoops! I had the feeling they were probably addressed as they seemed pretty obvious, but I didn't see any notes about them so I figured I'd report in case :)

I'll download the new version and start a new game with it. Would you prefer feedback/bug reports on here or reddit?
                      Here bumps the thread. ;)

I have to host the download link offsite for another place I have a thread for this. Reddit makes that easy.
                      Old May 26th, 2015 (11:59 AM). Edited May 26th, 2015 by GaryFreakingOak.

Quote:
                        Here bumps the thread. ;)

I have to host the download link offsite for another place I have a thread for this. Reddit makes that easy.
                        Okay, I subscribed and will likely just keep up with things there in the future. In the meantime, SHIFT battle style doesn't seem to work for me in this version. The game still says "a pokemon" instead of the actual pokemon the trainer sends out (love that btw), but I do not have the option to actually switch.

Edit: Not sure if this is something you can do anything about, but Brock's Zubat (Fang) has occasionally used Leech Life against my Squirtle even though it has Absorb. Sounds more typical of a wild pokemon battle.

Edit 2: The Rockets on the way to Mt. Moon (Route 3 I think) all have their OW sprite change after defeating them. There was also a trainer in the Sable City school whose Nidoran had the "sheerforce" text pop up when attacking.
                        Old May 26th, 2015 (2:51 PM).
                        Glah

Quote:
                          Okay, I subscribed and will likely just keep up with things there in the future. In the meantime, SHIFT battle style doesn't seem to work for me in this version. The game still says "a pokemon" instead of the actual pokemon the trainer sends out (love that btw), but I do not have the option to actually switch.

Edit: Not sure if this is something you can do anything about, but Brock's Zubat (Fang) has occasionally used Leech Life against my Squirtle even though it has Absorb. Sounds more typical of a wild pokemon battle.
                          Fixed the shift error. I disabled Illusion but also disable switching lol.

Zubat AI checks out, or rather it should be using that. Leech Life is as powerful as Absorb is SE-wise BP-wise after STAB, but Zubat should have a higher attack. Brock's AI is at the highest level.

UPDATED! Soul Badge Obtainable! Switch battles acting like Set fixed! You need both Demo 1-2.rar AND Battlers.rar. On reddit now!
                          Old May 26th, 2015 (4:30 PM).

Quote:
                            Fixed the shift error. I disabled Illusion but also disable switching lol.

Zubat AI checks out, or rather it should be using that. Leech Life is as powerful as Absorb is SE-wise BP-wise after STAB, but Zubat should have a higher attack. Brock's AI is at the highest level.

UPDATED! Soul Badge Obtainable! Switch battles acting like Set fixed! You need both Demo 1-2.rar AND Battlers.rar. On reddit now!
                            Thanks for fixing the shift error. I feel like I've been seeing a few other examples of questionable trainer behavior, but I'll wait until I properly note them before trying to give any specifics.

Looks like my second edit to my last post was just after you posted. In case you didn't see it: The Rockets on the way to Mt. Moon (Route 3 I think) all have their OW sprite change after defeating them. There was also a trainer in the Sable City school whose Nidoran had the "sheerforce" text pop up when attacking.
                            Old May 26th, 2015 (4:48 PM).
                            Glah

Quote:
                              Thanks for fixing the shift error. I feel like I've been seeing a few other examples of questionable trainer behavior, but I'll wait until I properly note them before trying to give any specifics.

Looks like my second edit to my last post was just after you posted. In case you didn't see it: The Rockets on the way to Mt. Moon (Route 3 I think) all have their OW sprite change after defeating them. There was also a trainer in the Sable City school whose Nidoran had the "sheerforce" text pop up when attacking.
                              The Rockets are being sneaky and changing outfits!

Looking into sheerforce. And fixed.
                              Old May 26th, 2015 (4:58 PM). Edited May 26th, 2015 by GaryFreakingOak.

Quote:
                                The Rockets are being sneaky and changing outfits!

Looking into sheerforce. And fixed.
                                Cool! I wouldn't be surprised if I glanced over that detail, one of the drawbacks to playing on turbo mode (at least for me).

Speaking of, any chance an "insane" text speed could be implemented like in Pokemon Reborn? The text speed is probably the biggest reason I play with the turbo on in the first place.

Also, is there anywhere to see the evolution methods (e.g. trading evolutions) you changed? I looked around a little and didn't see an obvious document/list. Right now I'm wondering how difficult it will be to evolve an Onix :)

Edit: Every time said Onix uses Curse, I get this message:
                                Spoiler:
                                Exception: NoMethodError
                                Message: undefined method `hasBypassingAbility' for false:FalseClass
                                PokeBattle_BattlerEffects:774:in `pbIncreaseStatBasic'
                                PokeBattle_BattlerEffects:836:in `pbIncreaseStat'
                                PokeBattle_MoveEffects:7177:in `pbEffect'
                                PokeBattle_Battler:3464:in `pbUseMove'
                                PokeBattle_Battler:3463:in `logonerr'
                                PokeBattle_Battler:3463:in `pbUseMove'
                                PokeBattle_Battler:3719:in `pbProcessTurn'
                                PokeBattle_Battler:3718:in `logonerr'
                                PokeBattle_Battler:3718:in `pbProcessTurn'
                                PokeBattle_Battle:3104:in `pbAttackPhase'

Edit 2:
                                1) Clefairy is normal type

2) Powder Snow is zzzPowder Snow

3) zzzPowder Snow and Punt (and likely others) simply have "beauty" for the move description.
                                Old May 26th, 2015 (5:15 PM).
                                Glah

Quote:
                                  Cool! I wouldn't be surprised if I glanced over that detail, one of the drawbacks to playing on turbo mode (at least for me).

Speaking of, any chance an "insane" text speed could be implemented like in Pokemon Reborn? The text speed is probably the biggest reason I play with the turbo on in the first place.

Also, is there anywhere to see the evolution methods (e.g. trading evolutions) you changed? I looked around a little and didn't see an obvious document/list. Right now I'm wondering how difficult it will be to evolve an Onix :)

Edit: Every time said Onix uses Curse, I get this message:
                                  Spoiler:
                                  Exception: NoMethodError
                                  Message: undefined method `hasBypassingAbility' for false:FalseClass
                                  PokeBattle_BattlerEffects:774:in `pbIncreaseStatBasic'
                                  PokeBattle_BattlerEffects:836:in `pbIncreaseStat'
                                  PokeBattle_MoveEffects:7177:in `pbEffect'
                                  PokeBattle_Battler:3464:in `pbUseMove'
                                  PokeBattle_Battler:3463:in `logonerr'
                                  PokeBattle_Battler:3463:in `pbUseMove'
                                  PokeBattle_Battler:3719:in `pbProcessTurn'
                                  PokeBattle_Battler:3718:in `logonerr'
                                  PokeBattle_Battler:3718:in `pbProcessTurn'
                                  PokeBattle_Battle:3104:in `pbAttackPhase'

Edit 2:
                                  1) Clefairy is normal type

2) Powder Snow is zzzPowder Snow

3) zzzPowder Snow and Punt (and likely others) simply have "beauty" for the move description.

Error: Thank you.

1) Will fix.

2) Debug name.

3) Old v13 moves that still have their contest type. Have to remove it.

Onix evolves at level 36. They should all evolve around 36-45.
                                  Old May 26th, 2015 (5:45 PM).

Quote:
                                    Error: Thank you.

1) Will fix.

2) Debug name.

3) Old v13 moves that still have their contest type. Have to remove it.

Onix evolves at level 36. They should all evolve around 36-45.
                                    Thanks! Is there any way I could change Clefairy's type on my own for the time being, or is RPG Maker needed?
                                    Old May 26th, 2015 (6:49 PM).
                                    Glah

Quote:
                                      Thanks! Is there any way I could change Clefairy's type on my own for the time being, or is RPG Maker needed?
                                      FIXED

Demo_1-2.rar UPDATED. Nothing else needed. Half damage Berries fixed.
                                      Old May 26th, 2015 (10:29 PM).
                                      GaryFreakingOak GaryFreakingOak is offline

Kind of random, but Ledian appears to be incompatible with Mega Punch.
                                        Old May 27th, 2015 (3:10 AM).
                                        Glah

Quote:
                                          It wasn't on the Move tutor list. Fixed.
                                          Old May 27th, 2015 (3:36 AM).
                                          Glah

Quote:
                                            Old May 27th, 2015 (7:07 AM).
                                            Glah

Soul Badge obtainable! Five badges done!
                                              To celebrate, let's have a few screens!

First, as part of the rebalance we have some new working abilities! Machamp also has Precision now, making his but not his opponent's moves always hit now. A unnerfed No Guard basicly.

Oh crap! Damned Bikers! At least the Zoo looks fine...

These Bikers have some decent Pokemon. They're not kidding around.

That could have gone much worse! A nice item here, savable for later... maybe the E4?

At least the Pokemart is safe! The shopkeeper seems to understand we're saving his bacon here too and giving low low prices. (Also note the buffed Potion)

Looks like we need Strength! Good thing it's a worthwhile more now! (Anyone know who was the fist guy to make Strength Rock type?). Also, the place is locked down.

They even got Koga?!?

We, of course, save the day.
                                              With a little help sure. But it was all us! :p

Doing everyone else's work seems to have gotten us some recognition...

And, of course, a hero needs a reward... (That was endurance btw.)

All downloadable and playable off the front page link right now!

Thank you for reading.
                                              Old May 27th, 2015 (9:04 AM).
                                              GaryFreakingOak GaryFreakingOak is offline

Quote:
                                                It wasn't on the Move tutor list. Fixed.
                                                Is this supposed to be fixed in the latest uploaded version? I updated but none of my pokemon appear to be able to learn Mega Punch still.

Also, am I seeing Machamp with access to both a buffed No Guard and Fissure?
                                                Old May 27th, 2015 (9:07 AM).
                                                Glah

gah

10 minutes
                                                  Old May 27th, 2015 (9:20 AM).

Nature: Careful
                                                    Been enjoying the Mt.Moon plot so far. Never would have thought to use Route 3 like that. I also personally like the gym limitation, though no idea if anyone else is bothered by it. Has repel always just decrease chances of running into Pokemon? I thought it just wiped it out completely for x steps.

Quick Reply