Pokémon Essentials All questions and discussion about Pokémon Essentials, the Pokémon game kit for RPG Maker XP, go in here. Also contains links to the latest downloads and the Essentials Wiki.

TrollandToad.com
Closed Thread

Old June 21st, 2013 (1:12 PM).

Thank you for this latest release and all of the hard work put into making it!

Relevant Advertising!

Old July 1st, 2013 (2:02 PM).

Quick question... I'm new to this stuff so how can I run it when it downloads as a .RAR? Shouldn't it download as an application? Or do I need the original version and the .RAR is an update?
      Old July 2nd, 2013 (7:32 PM).
      Master of dark fire!!

Nature: Mild
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Rustdude View Post
        Quick question... I'm new to this stuff so how can I run it when it downloads as a .RAR? Shouldn't it download as an application? Or do I need the original version and the .RAR is an update?
        Not trying to be rude but you don't "run" a .RAR file. You extract it. You will need an extractor/unzipper to get the files out of it. I suggest 7zip. It's a free version of WinZip which does primarily the same thing. Once you download and install 7zip, you need to right click on the .RAR file. Then you go down to where it says 7-Zip and ,from the popout selections, select "extract files". You, then, will be able to select where you want to extract it to and once you extract it you will have pokemon essentials.

Check out updates of some of the stuff in Pokémon Titanium and Pokemon Chromium on my deviantart http://darkness2118.deviantart.com/
        Old August 3rd, 2013 (1:50 PM).
        Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials

ATTENTION!

Pokémon Essentials version 12.2 has now been released.

It mostly contains some more bug fixes. Go download it if you want it.

| Downloads | Tutorials | Fangames |
          | All Animations Project |

Follow me on Twitter: @maruno42

Old October 19th, 2013 (3:34 PM).
          RMXP Game Developer

You have done a fantastic job with pokemon essentials. I'm finally getting back into it thanks to the regional dex editor. But there's still a problem that's beginning to drive me nuts.

It's not a major bug, just how the pokemon lists are done in the editor when entering encounter info or the regional dex. It can get rather fustrating when you have to do a long list and you have to keep sorting through 600+ entires to find the one you want. Maybe if the list was more organized,

for ex. pick a letter of the alphabet and only pokemon who start with that letter appear. the GTS does it that way, so maybe if you could find a way to do the same thing here, that would really make things easier.
            Old October 19th, 2013 (3:59 PM).
            Pokémon Island Creator

Quote:
              Originally Posted by pokefan41 View Post
              You have done a fantastic job with pokemon essentials. I'm finally getting back into it thanks to the regional dex editor. But there's still a problem that's beginning to drive me nuts.

It's not a major bug, just how the pokemon lists are done in the editor when entering encounter info or the regional dex. It can get rather fustrating when you have to do a long list and you have to keep sorting through 600+ entires to find the one you want. Maybe if the list was more organized,

for ex. pick a letter of the alphabet and only pokemon who start with that letter appear. the GTS does it that way, so maybe if you could find a way to do the same thing here, that would really make things easier.
              I disagree. Just using PageUp and PageDown for quick scroll the lists is enough.
              Old October 19th, 2013 (4:16 PM).
              RMXP Game Developer

*bangs head on table*

I forgot page up and page down keys work too. sorry.
                Closed Thread

Quick Reply