• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I like the speed balance in RSE the best. Everything was effective and smooth. Except for the detail with stat lowering/raising moves. Those moves felt like they took forever xD

Overall, I really like the gameplay of the Hoenn games the best, even better than the FR/LG because they changed some things there that weren't for the best, imo.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
I like the speed balance in RSE the best. Everything was effective and smooth. Except for the detail with stat lowering/raising moves. Those moves felt like they took forever xD

Overall, I really like the gameplay of the Hoenn games the best, even better than the FR/LG because they changed some things there that weren't for the best, imo.

Everything came full-circle in Gen V, they incorporated all the best things from IV and all the speed from III and made one awesome pair of games and one awesome sequel for those pair of games. :)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Yeah okay, I can actually agree there since I felt the smoothness when I played Black :]

Now all they need to do is an anime like the BW2 trailer, haha.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I don't want Ash at all :( Let's just make a new anime where pokémon make believable noises instead of saying their own name, and where trainers actually age.

Reactions: T!M

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
I don't think it's that easy to get rid of Ash, but I do see it happening sometime in the future.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Agreed. If by some good chance Ash is gone maybe Pokémon can become a real party house. He is one of the important figures, along with Pokémon lamely repeating their names, of why people think Pokémon is immature.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I wonder how he would look like and act like as adult.

6edkf.png

There's totally him. Or maybe Brock with his hat. Or maybe Brock is the one on the right.

Oh right, that movie was like some epic grand scale hero tale. All the movies after those were more local. Riiight?

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
lol

I can't imagine Ash growing up. I mean, didn't he see Misty in the DPP anime? As far as I remember, even Misty hasn't changed in appearance. Maybe because while Ash is 10, the whole universe is in this sort of stasis that prevents anyone from aging lol

It's official, the Pokémon world is actually flippin' Neverland, man.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Speaking of which, has a TM or HM ever been used in the anime? O.o I just remember Pikachu learning Iron Tail by training, and the same with Buizel and Ice Punch or something.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Speaking of which, has a TM or HM ever been used in the anime? O.o I just remember Pikachu learning Iron Tail by training, and the same with Buizel and Ice Punch or something.

I don't think so, which is really weird because TMs and HMs are such an integral part of the games.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
They just didn't want to touch the subject of how to actually use them xD Still shrouded in mystery.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
Yeah, in the anime it's kinda assumed the water pokémon can swim :P
But whilst a Gyarados can carry multiple people, Ash nearly drowned try to swim with Squirtle from what I remember.

And Pikachu learning Iron Tail...yeah, that was just weird. It's like he picked it up as an Egg Move from a nearby Pichu egg or something. Volt Tackle could be kinda explained though - I think he just forgot it pretty fast because it nearly killed him when he used it as a Pichu (then evolved really fast, explaining why we never see flashbacks of Pikachu as a Pichu).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back