• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HM Items (Plug-and-play!)

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
If you're getting tired of using HMs, this resource allows you to bind HM effects to items instead.

This currently has functionality for the following HMs:
  • Rock Smash
  • Cut
  • Surf
  • Fly
  • Strength

Installation
First off, define the items in your items.txt PBS. They should have this format:
Code:
id,internalname,name,pluralname,8,0,"description",2,0,6,

By default, the internal names the script uses are SURFITEM, FLYITEM, ROCKSMASHlTEM, etc. You can change this at the top of the script to whatever you'd like, as long as those items do in fact exist.

Next, put this code in a new script section above the Main script:
HM_Items

When the game starts up, make sure the game has compiled and includes your newly defined items.

That should be it. I'm planning on doing this same thing for Flash, Headbutt, Sweet Scent, and Rock Climb later on.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 4, 2023
Hi Marin!
What about Dive? Is there any extra complication related to it?

sonicfan7895

Just a dude, I guess
Years
Holy... I was just talking to a teammate yesterday about how people were working on different methods of HM functionality. Glad to see it finally being implemented, and I will be using this, with credit of course being given where due. Thank you very much for the amazing script!

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
Hi Marin!
What about Dive? Is there any extra complication related to it?

I've literally never ever looked at the code for Dive, but I'll be doing so eventually. I'd been reworking this script to work with my Pok?Ride script and HMs too, so that does make things a bit harder. I haven't worked on it recently so I can't say when it'll be done, but hopefully it doesn't take too long.

sonicfan7895

Just a dude, I guess
Years
Hey, now I feel like an idiot for asking, but was this developed for v17.2? My team's fangame was developed for v16.2 and they don't want it ported over to the next version. I keep getting errors for each of the scripts. I have a feeling this wasn't written for v16.2. And I followed your directions exactly to a "T".

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
Hey, now I feel like an idiot for asking, but was this developed for v17.2? My team's fangame was developed for v16.2 and they don't want it ported over to the next version. I keep getting errors for each of the scripts. I have a feeling this wasn't written for v16.2. And I followed your directions exactly to a "T".

It was made on v17, yeah. I?m not going to support v16 at this point, because I was alreay rewriting he whole thing (and that version probably would work on v16).

So for now, I?m afraid you?re out of luck on v16. You could try the manual tutorial which is also somewhere on the Scripts & Tutorials list.

sonicfan7895

Just a dude, I guess
Years
Ehh, it's alright. Like I said, I'm not too worried about it. It's just another thing to worry about where I could spend more time focusing on other things. I might go looking for it at another time.

hirokimura

Miltank's Fanboy Number One
Years
Hey Marin, great work for the HM items ! (Also thank you for the help with the switch thing)
Would you have any clue on how I could make the Fly trigger as a pokegear function? I've tried many things in the pokegear (By editing your script) and I can display the fly map,but choosing a destination wouldn't lead anywhere. I think I might have to start again, but if you could give me some hints, it would be appreciated.
Thank you ^^
EDIT nevermind, I found it here https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=371609

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 30, 2023
Added an axe to the game, all up on the up. Turned all the options except cut to false, and changed the item to AXE.

And nothing is working.

Ego13

hollow_ego
Years
Are the HM Items considered as key items by the ready menu?

I think the actual starting of the moves starts in
Code:
pbStartReadyMenu

Back