• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Fandoms] Let's Settle it in SMASH! ~ The Super Smash Bros. Club

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
L1U3YHA.png
Stow your fear, it's now or never!

Username: Spirit Shackle
Who will be your "Main(s)" in Smash Bros Ultimate?: Zelda > Lucina > Squirtle/Ivysaur probably. Put Zelda.

Zelda is actually mad good this time around - you can Up-Throw into U-Air and kill veeeery easily with that. Also excited for the less lag with subbing out Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon.

Welcome~!

Username: Firebolt
Who will be your "Main(s)" in Smash Bros Ultimate?: Ike and Zelda. I'd like to say Link and Palutena too, but I don't wanna be the idiot with four mains next to their name. Not sure if it's a symptom developed from my time in League of Legends, but I prefer to have a small pool of good characters rather than one main or lots of average characters. It prevents stagnation and allows me to be unpredictable in a good way against friends.

Hihiiii, welcome! Yeah, it's good to have a smaller pool of characters so that you can focus more practice for them. I used to main Palutena in SSB4, though she wasn't the greeeeatest. Hopefully we can see more footage of her soon. c:

Username: Fairy
Who will be your "Main(s)" in Smash Bros Ultimate?: Fox, Shiek, Metaknight

I actually main more characters but let's leave it at this for now, haha. n_n;;

Hah, the 3 fastest yet top tier characters. They're still really, really good. ;v;

Welcome, Jo. <33

Considering the fact I'd have to buy a Switch to play the latest installment, I'll have to go back to my SSB1 days on the N64(Yes it's been that long). Back then, I mained Link and Pikachu while my friend mainly did Samus and Kirby, although occasionally he did Jigglypuff so we could beat the snot out of anyone with the Pokémon theme going.

Missing out on Brawl and Smash probably means I'm in for considerable learning curve after having not played Smash for like... hmm... ~18 years?

Pikachu is actually really good this time, and so is Link, so I think you'll have an easy time with this game. Welcome!

Username: LilyGardy

Who will be your main in Smash Ultimate: In Smash 4 3DS my most used character by far was Princess Peach. Second was Pikachu. I plan to use both in Smash Ultimate.

Saaaame; I plan on using both this time too. Though I might switch things up and try King K. Rool or Richter. Nice to have you here!

Username: Mizakii
Who will be your "Main(s)" in Smash Bros Ultimate?:
Most likely Link, Pichu, Robin, and Duck Hunt!

Oooh, I can't wait to see more of Pichu, and Duck Hunt, always annoying to fight against. ;v;

Username: Radboy
Future Mains: Inkling as my main, I have a lot of characters I want to secondary, including Pikachu, Lucas, and maybe an back pocket Mii Brawler.

I never played Melee or 64 due to my age, and I never got the Wii U DLC, so it feels like I'm getting a lot more characters to choose from, and that excites me!

I hope you'll enjoy Ultimate! Inkling is an interesting character; I might try her out too. Welcome!

-

Question for you all: Which of Ultimate's new features are you excited about?

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years
Which of Ultimate's new features are you excited about?

For me, it's gotta be Squad Strike mode!! It was my absolute favorite feature in Project M, and I am very thrilled to see it make its way into an official Smash game! :D

I'm gonna be soooo addicted, oh boy...

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Isn't it a little too early to be making statements on character viability? Or am I then only person in the world that doesn't like to put stock in snippets of trailer and demo footage?

Admittedly have not been paying too much attention to pre-release info, but the return of some sort of adventure/story mode sounds nice, and I'd like to see how this Spirits thing turns out.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Isn't it a little too early to be making statements on character viability? Or am I then only person in the world that doesn't like to put stock in snippets of trailer and demo footage?

Admittedly have not been paying too much attention to pre-release info, but the return of some sort of adventure/story mode sounds nice, and I'd like to see how this Spirits thing turns out.

It's not just those - there's been a Japanese and Spanish tournament where all the characters have been allowed to be used to a good degree. We've got good gameplay footage out of those.

And, some of the top competitive players in the world got an early gameplay opportunity to try out some of the characters too.

Last edited:

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
Username: Catnip~ or Desert Stream~
Who will be your "Main(s)" in Smash Bros Ultimate?: I'm reeeeally indecisive so my mains are:
Shulk, Lucina, Corrin, Meta Knight, Incineroar, and Lucario, although if I really had to pick one I guess I'd pick shulk.

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years
Apparently SSBU put out a new trailer. Here's the original for reference:

However, they made one fatal mistake with this trailer...

If you release a trailer without a backing track, you are giving the entire internet permission to put whatever the heck they want behind it... And every single song we've tried fits perfectly. Seriously. The best one by far, though, is...

ALSO THE ZELDA+PEACH SCENE IN THE TRAILER IS CUTE OKAY

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
Years
I've posted this in a few Discord servers already, but one more time won't hurt.
Spoiler:

My mains from left to right. I'm so happy that Ike and Zelda are really good now according to pre-release demos, especially since they've been really mediocre in every Smash entry so far. However, Palutena being at the literal bottom kinda hurts my heart. Just have to hope that she doesn't become forgotten and gets some substantial changes in the future.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Spoiler:

Hey guys, and welcome to the newcomers!

So, question for you all, will you get Smash Bros. at launch, or close to launch? If enough of you do, I can start up a Smash Bros. Launch tournament for prizes! Or any time you feel comfortable. c;

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess
Years
Spoiler:

Hey guys, and welcome to the newcomers!

So, question for you all, will you get Smash Bros. at launch, or close to launch? If enough of you do, I can start up a Smash Bros. Launch tournament for prizes! Or any time you feel comfortable. c;

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
I probably won't have the money seeing as I don't currently own a Switch until after the first of the year. Unless I get lucky and find some amazing deal. I don't mind waiting though.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I'm going to be getting it as soon as it's available! Also happy to help in organizing a tournament too! xoxo

Years
Most likely getting it day one, just because I am impatient. I never really buy anything, so I usually have enough money to spare.

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
Years
I'm ordering mine from Amazon (it's just so much cheaper than buying it physically from any of my local stores), so I'd have it a few days after release.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I'm not sure when I will be able to get it. I might have to wait until Christmas, which isn't a long wait but I would still prefer release day.

Years
Username: Homeskulled Kid
Who will be your "Main(s)" in Smash Bros Ultimate: Pacman, Dark Samus and Sonic. Those are the prime three, but from there it's going to be everyone else because exclusiveness is not in my nature.

Privet, mein muchachos.

The first Smash Bros was one of my first games, and I've followed each instalment save for Smash 4 and Ultimate. Haven't got a Switch or Wii U, but I'm good for Melee and Brawl discussions... which there will probably be very little of, lmao. I'm fucking rubbish at these games but it's all good fun.

Back