• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sandstorm sweeper

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
Years
Lunatone can't sweep :/ Not in OUs anyways. Magneton is like a veruy solw sweeper. For me, it is halpful because it resisits boltbeam. But yeah.

actually, it's slightly faster than magneton and with a MUCH better moveset than magneton (with mock boltbeam, grass knot, and STAB), it can run a choice specs set very well while not being so afraid of SpecsHeatran/SpecsMence. and better yet, it even owns Chain Chomp who can only rely on Earthquake to do decent damage and after making a failure of Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse, gets OHKOd w/ Ice Beam.

it may even take boltbeam just as well as magneton because of its rock typing and doesn't have to waste its time setting a sub/magnet rising/exploding due to a lack of coverage and weakness.

lunatone is pretty good on a sandstorm team if used well. if they gave it an evo with a little more bulk and sp atk power, it'd be quite broken and yet still underrated.

Gengarchomp

n00bier than you
Years
My Gliscor could baton pass rock polish to Lunatone or Magnezone or something. Magneton is a little too fragile for me.

Sora_8920

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 15, 2024
Yeah. Empoleon is good.

Empoleon (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Agility
- Grass Knot
- Surf
- Ice Beam. ;)

Samson

Years
i just noticed we kept calling magnezone magneton o.O

but yeah, if you're looking to pass speed to Lunatone, you could always give it Wide Lens + Hypnosis to punish hazers. i suggest something across the lines of:

Lunatone @ Wide Lens
Modest/Calm Nature
224 HP/120 SP ATK/92 SP DEF/72 SPD
-Ice Beam
-Charge Beam/Psychic
-Reflect/Psychic/Grass Knot/Calm Mind/Light Screen
-Hypnosis

the problem with most sandstorm teams is that there's hardly anyone to support the team with reflect/light screen and most importantly, induce sleep. lunatone does both and has ice beam + charge beam to boot. charge beam is just a minor plus with wide lens to allow it not to miss. 72 SPD evs allows it to outspeed both weavile and gyara with one dd once gliscor passes it rock polish.

Gengarchomp

n00bier than you
Years
Thanks for the help! Now its down to Empoleon or Lunatone. Lunatone gives good support to the team while seeping, but Empoleon and use agility. Unfortunatley I can only afford one and I need help with the final decision.
Lunatone or Empoleon?

Anti

return of the king
Years
Empoleon@ life orb
Modest
72hp/ 184spd/ 252spatk
Agility
Grass knot
Ice beam
Surf

Agilipoleon FTW.

I'm not too keen on life orb since its other weaks to common types (fighting, ground, electric) hurt it enough. I prefer lum on it actually, I've been Twaved a million times :0

Gengarchomp

n00bier than you
Years
I agree. the only thing I would put a life orb on is something like a spiritomb, but thats just me. I never would have thought of Empoleon on my own. I'm 89.038452% sure that I'm going with the bird.

Samson

Years
i'm so not fond of agility empoleon. sure, give it specs with some bulk, but agility? what will that solve? ._.

it might OHKO one poke if your opponent didn't expect it, then it gets walled.

Anti

return of the king
Years
i'm so not fond of agility empoleon. sure, give it specs with some bulk, but agility? what will that solve? ._.

it might OHKO one poke if your opponent didn't expect it, then it gets walled.

It's good for late game when nothing can outspeed it. It becomes a monster in the right hands. Agilipoleon is quite underrated.

Samson

Years
late game? correct me if i'm wrong, but aren't cressy, blissey and the bunch late-game walls? that's why belly drum / revenge kill sets are considered good for late game.

Anti

return of the king
Years
late game? correct me if i'm wrong, but aren't cressy, blissey and the bunch late-game walls? that's why belly drum / revenge kill sets are considered good for late game.

Yeah, I'm off today :/

EARLY game it can do a bit, but you'll want to cripple that special wall first. Once you get it into killing range, you're probably going to win. If your opponent isn't properly prepared and you can destroy their wall, ouch...but specs is obviously a fine option. I probably shouldn't try to justify myself with how I've been today ;)

Back