• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First rule of Fight Club: Don't talk about Fight Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
And different currencies to boot....XD

droomph

weeb
Years
I love canadian coins.

Just. I paid for a chili dog and a drink, and I got $8 in just...change.

Also the two-dollar coins! So much pretty.

And the dimes are cool...the dots on the rim of the coin...

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
g
Too bad everything requires you to be 16 or older because by golly I wanna work at Gamestop.

I would LOVE work at Gamestop!

I'm also thinking of dressing up as a Gardevoir and being a street performer.

droomph

weeb
Years
NO, DRESS UP AS GROVYLE

You should dress up as fried chicken!

Um...yeah

I wanna work at some job really. I don't care anymore...

So, how'd the job hunt turn out today? Or are you on PC while the interview's happening?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
To find a summer job you really have to start looking in March-April. ;(

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
You'll wish you were too young to work though when you get to an age where it's kind of unacceptable not to have something to do over the summer and you have no choice but to work...XD;

Years
DON'T WISH AWAY YOUR YOUTH.
I miss being able to not have any responsibilities, do as I please and just live a carefree life.

Stupid growing up and responsibilities! XD​

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I think ideally we would be around 16-17 - old enough to work a job and get money, but young enough to not be expected to handle bills or rent or any of that hahaha.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Had my first job when I was around age 13 or so, needed it at the time if I wanted to get a Gamecube with Pokemon Colosseum and Metroid Prime that I craved so desperately at the time.

Years
Had my first job when I was around age 13 or so, needed it at the time if I wanted to get a Gamecube with Pokemon Colosseum and Metroid Prime that I craved so desperately at the time.

GC. <3

My first job was when I was 15. My sister worked at the same retail store with a part time job and got me a job too, since she was leaving so, it worked out! :3

My parents wanted me to get a job because it would be good for me and such... I just think they wanted to stop giving me pocket money! XD​

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
My first job was as a web designer on campus...I missed the minimum wage high school job experience entirely, hahah. x.x

Years
Web Designers are paid surprisingly well, from what I have seen. However, does depend on the languages you know, where some people think being a Web Designer is just HTML, CSS and so on, they might be looking for Flash and others.

Either way, it is the easier programming languages and you can get easy jobs on the side.​

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
"Real adult." Lol.

I'm bored so I made up a cheating scenario.

Two girls are playing Monopoly.

Sasha: "Lets play Monopoly!"
Hailey: "Okay."
Sasha: "I'll dish out the money."
Sasha: *Gives herself all the money and the bank and gives Hailey none.*
Sasha: "I win! <3"
Hailey: "Come on! That's not fair you cheated by giving yourself all the money in the bank."
Sasha: "Whoever said I play fair?"
Haily: "Grrr---than I'm not playing!" *Stomps off.*

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Web Designers are paid surprisingly well, from what I have seen. However, does depend on the languages you know, where some people think being a Web Designer is just HTML, CSS and so on, they might be looking for Flash and others.

Either way, it is the easier programming languages and you can get easy jobs on the side.​

Nah this was a lot easier than most web designer jobs and only paid minimum wage, hahahah. They wouldn't let me into the actual source code of the pages to change things either >:/ The two web designer jobs I have under my belt now should be helpful when I go to look for a programming career though.

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years

Either way, it is the easier programming languages and you can get easy jobs on the side.

They are indeed :) The required languages/skills to make a decent living as a web developer are, PHP, Javascript, HTML & CSS a bonus would be flash/actionscript. You also need to be a average designer

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
My first job was at 20 working at a Sears store, it wasnt good at all >.< too much for me.

droomph

weeb
Years
You'll wish you were too young to work though when you get to an age where it's kind of unacceptable not to have something to do over the summer and you have no choice but to work...XD;
Well it's not like I have anything else to do...and it's not like PC is a good place to be for me all day anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back