• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue

gucci
Years
This is what I was talking about earlier. It'll really be something if they did that...and if the gym leaders did that too after your pokemon pass their strongest, so that even all the training one does one still has some trouble with them.

Exactly. That is why I don't like over-leveling my Pokemon before the first gym, I want it to be a challenge and being able to grind to Level 14 and taking the first gym down in one attempt is a little mediocre. Either that or have a certain level cap that you can reach before specific gyms so that it's more of a challenge, then again I can imagine many people would dislike that.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Exactly. That is why I don't like over-leveling my Pokemon before the first gym, I want it to be a challenge and being able to grind to Level 14 and taking the first gym down in one attempt is a little mediocre. Either that or have a certain level cap that you can reach before specific gyms so that it's more of a challenge, then again I can imagine many people would dislike that.
I like the idea for the Champion. However, I do not like the idea for anyone else. Some players will play to be stronger than the Gym Leader in order to show superiority. Making every leader auto-level takes away the freedom to train and get stronger, and the want is for the player to explore the region.

Cyclone

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I'm one of the people who wouldn't as I too don't like passing the gym leader's levels by much if at all. Usually I defeat them with my team being 3 levels under for extra challenge.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I like this idea for the E4 or just the Champion, but not really for anything else.
This would take away the freedom to chose how strong you want your Pokemon to be before you take on the Gym. Some like the challenge, others want to make it on the first try.
Also, imagine people doing a single pokemon or monotype challenge. Most of the time you'll need overleved pokemon to beat a gym you are weak against, which would be impossible if the level adjusts to yours

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Putting a level cap on the gyms and Elite Four just seems silly to me. You're supposed to train to be the best trainer. If you're capping your team you are now forced to not have the advantage that you're suppose to be working for: being stronger. It feels like it's an unnecessary amount of strategy on the player that the general playbase generally wouldn't use when playing through the games.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
You must not play as much as you claim to play. Psychic types are plenty strong and have ran on top along side dragon, dark and others. Alakazam/Starmie/Espeon are currently OU. Dragons also aren't as strong as you claim. Outrage is nice, but it isn't the single most important part of a Dragon type's arsenal. Forcing the use of more Steel....which forces the use of Fighting and Ground, in turn forces the use of more Grass and Water which forces the use of more Fire and Electric. If you continue the cycle it would include every type except Normal to counter what's common.

Alakazam was demoted to UU last gen until Magic Guard Abra became legal. Espeon is only OU because of Magic Bounce (and how common hazard entries are). Starmie is also a Water type, which is another extremely common type in the metagame. The majority of Dragon types are powerful and competitively viable, and the only ones that stick like a sore thumb are Altaria and Druddigon. There are very few Normal, Flying, Grass, Electric, Fire, Ice, Psychic Dark, Rock, and Poison types in OU, and the ones that are OU usually have one of the 5 dominant types (Dragon, Water, Fighting, Steel, and Ground) as a secondary type. It can't be a balanced game if there's a type dominance similar to how Psychics dominated the Gen 1 metagame. Switching is an even bigger risk because of entry hazard, so it's required to have Pokemon with vast movepools rather shallow ones.

Types were never the big issue, its the specific Pokemon with stats and move sets. You don't need to update types or nerf types. They just need to make more Pokemon with varying stats.

True, Game Freak has never redristributed an existing Pokemon's stats nor, in Water's case, have they ever removed a TM move like Ice Beam in a certain movepools to nerf them, because that would require removing the TM itself and lot of non-Water Pokemon who do know Ice Beam will lose it.

As for adding new types, no it doesn't open the door for more creativity. It causes more congestion because now you have one additional peg to look at when considering what type to put it into. They may not retype any Pokemon with the new type. How would that help? How would that hurt? Would retyping help the individual Pokemon? Would it hurt the individual Pokemon? How would the retyping make sense? A Pokemon that was once weak to a certain type is now resisting or immune to it. Yes that makes a lot of sense when you add in more types.

All these questions will be answered soon once they officially reveal Sylveon's type. Judging by the fact that it's SE against Ice, it may not be Fairy.

Years
I like this idea for the E4 or just the Champion, but not really for anything else.
This would take away the freedom to chose how strong you want your Pokemon to be before you take on the Gym. Some like the challenge, others want to make it on the first try.
Also, imagine people doing a single pokemon or monotype challenge. Most of the time you'll need overleved pokemon to beat a gym you are weak against, which would be impossible if the level adjusts to yours
Or maybe make it so that gym leader's levels increase if the team you're using passes their team by more than three levels. I think having Pokémon 3 levels stronger is enough to defeat the gym leaders with some ease but not too easy. And any leveling up in the battle doesn't impact the team's level either so that way we have our's be at least four levels more powerful.

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2014
Well I am fairly sure the 2nd gym leader will have a grass gym.
Came to this conclusion from these two screenshots:

1YqlJcx.png

As you can see these are both the same town. The gym, houses with green tops, and the orange building that I assume is a Pokemon Center are all identical except for how close they appear.

Now on the first screen shot it is clear that this city appears just after Route 3, as the sign states. Comparing to other games, the city right after Route 3 usually hosts the 2nd gym.

Assuming it's grass because.. you know.. it's kind of obvious. (Roselia fountain, greenery and flowers surrounding the buildings/town.)

When comparing this to the world map, we can also basically prove the theory many have had about the starting town. I circled that area as Route 3 but it probably includes Route 2 in it as well. Then we have the forest which I assume is most likely Route 1. Lastly the starting town is left just below.

Last edited:

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Definitely have to agree with you. You can see the fountain in the background pretty distinctly on the top left of the first screenshot, and it definitely appears to be the same town as the second screenshot. Definitely going to be a Grass Gym, especially with how the layout of the town is. I mean Roselia is part Poison as well, although it's primarily Grass to most people. Just makes sense with all the flowers and greenery in the town.

Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2014
Could be just for decorations. Who knows until Next month and July. Those are going to be the bigger news. August and September will be last news. Anyways Another Speculation. I am feeling Downloadable content. Not pokemon but Cloths Battlers etc. Battlers can be also spotpass and streetpass Because of Mario Kart 3Ds. When you spotpass or streetpass someone they join your game. Remember they did that in Ruby and Sapphire and Pearl etc. You can battle your friends updated sprite. So I see DLC being character clothing and more battlers too, hidden routes, berries, events, quest, mini games. What do you think?

Years
the statue could be like the Pikachu in the signs in Castelia, and the giant Pikachu and Pichu in Nimbasa...hmm Nimbasa was electric though...
The town with the Roselia statue simply screams grass to me to so I have to agree that I think it's grass.
Maybe the DLC will include some islands?

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
1YqlJcx.png

Ya know I'm going to hazard a guess that the building there in the middle back with the GIGANTIC Pokemon League symbol lodged into it's side is the town gym, and the building itself looks like a Greenhouse, sort of, so I think we have a grass gym on our hands

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
The Building is definitely a gym, and the statue of Roselia supports the idea of a Grass Gym!
Also, iRyahn's thought on where the starting town could be do make sense to me

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
Years
Well I am fairly sure the 2nd gym leader will have a grass gym.
Came to this conclusion from these two screenshots:
Spoiler:

As you can see these are both the same town. The gym, houses with green tops, and the orange building that I assume is a Pokemon Center are all identical except for how close they appear.

Now on the first screen shot it is clear that this city appears just after Route 3, as the sign states. Comparing to other games, the city right after Route 3 usually hosts the 2nd gym.

Assuming it's grass because.. you know.. it's kind of obvious. (Roselia fountain, greenery and flowers surrounding the buildings/town.)

When comparing this to the world map, we can also basically prove the theory many have had about the starting town. I circled that area as Route 3 but it probably includes Route 2 in it as well. Then we have the forest which I assume is most likely Route 1. Lastly the starting town is left just below.
Spoiler:

Makes a lot of sense. Also, you can see a little fountain in the middle of town on the Big Map.

blue

gucci
Years
I've just realized that on the Pokedex, each area is represented by a colour, Red White and blue which correspond to the colours on the French Flag.

dmbo0o.png
france-flag.gif

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
Off-Topic @Mujahid: Nice signature, mate! Whoever made it (was it you or somebody else?) must have a lot of creative juice packs lying around…

My favourite is actually the bird (panda comes second)
The bird looks like an actual Japanese robin. I hope its final evo will be fire/flying

I've hoped that GameFreak would make a Pokémon whose final evolution would be a Fire- and Flying-type ever since they missed the opportunity with Torchic! I really hope that you're prediction comes true!

I hope that the dual-typed moves aren't true. Why 2 types for 1 move?! The rest seems ok to me, although I still don't like the idea of Fairy Type.

I missed that…it sounds very interesting, so let's wait and see what happens with it while remembering that GameFreak only pays attention to their meta-game and likes to shake it up every generation.

I just hope I'm able to ride a Tauros or something, lol. Can't wait to see how the riding function plays out.

I just hope that we can ride Pokémon other than Gogoat even if their feet don't touch the ground…(hint: this is where we start steering Lapras and Pidgey while we surf and fly, respectively.)

I'm really impressed about how good the graphics look. From the first trailer revealed to this it definitely looks like the quality got a jump. I'm very pleased with it! Plus, riding Gogoat looks cool (although I hope that just a minigame or something, since I don't want to be forced to have a Pokémon like that to act as a new Bike).

I hope that the graphics get even better (I mean, why is running so slow?) And if they get rid of the bike as an option, I'm going to be steaming mad!!! Let us pick our mounts, will 'ya!?!

BIG NEWS!

This is so huge, that I have to put it in a spoiler.

Spoiler:

What jumps out at me is the fact that it's Roselia that's featured here…this reminds me of what happened between D/P/Pt and HG/SS all over again (first Sableye, and now this? Have the remakes just been confirmed, or does this just mean that Roselia and Sableye will be in the regional 'Dex?)

Last edited:

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
Do you think that a 3DS Pokemon X and Y bundle will come out that includes a special 3DS with the version of your choice preinstalled on the 3DS?

I'd like all the previous games to become downloadable on the Nintendo shop (Seriously why isn't this done yet?) and you would be able to use the poke-transfer version (like the Shift Factory) of whatever game to trade between your downloaded games.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
What jumps out at me is the fact that it's Roselia that's featured here…this reminds me of what happened between D/P/Pt and HG/SS all over again (first Sableye, and now this? Have the remakes just been confirmed, or does this just mean that Roselia and Sableye will be in the regional 'Dex?)

I think it just means they're taking every chance they can to show off the new 3d graphics.

Somehow I don't think we should read too much into it. The Roselia family is probably in the pokedex but that's really as far as we can tell from this....one of my favourite grass type families so no complaints here.

Speaking of the pokedex, supposing that with the new pokemon we'll have well over 700 pokemon (probably 740-770) then I think they really ought to provide a national pokedex similar to Pokemon Black/White 2 in size. Around 280-320 pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back