• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other✓] Do i need INI of GEN 4 + gen 5 ? (using PGE)

simone1234

Don't underestimate the enemy/opponent.
Years
Hi there, after inserting the sprites+ names + icons + footprints into the PGE tool fre red squirels i focused on the next step option ''import pokemon'' feature, and it says i need INI, so,

1) If i get the INI does it automatic fills all the DATA for the pokemons of gen 4 and 5 or do i have to fill everything manually ?

2) If they exist are there INI files somewhere to download ? (Do i need to export from a gen 4 + gen 5 game INI to get the INI or are there somewhere already some that are supported for FIRE RED ?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 5, 2019
Take a look at Leon's rombase, you will find ".ini" files for all Pokémon from generation 4 to 7. I don't know if they're going to fill all the data you need, but it's worth a try.

(Sorry, I still can't post links...)
www pokecommunity com/showthread.php?t=409672

Last edited:

simone1234

Don't underestimate the enemy/opponent.
Years
Hi Hijikata, thank you, at first when i tried importing 1 by one the INI of the gen 4 ones i got errors ''select index'' but then when i patched it (i still wonder if i did good of patching it or if i had to do something else) it worked with importing the INI of gen 4 poke stats etc.

Edit: A new thing appeared, i finally had finished adding some mons and then i clicked on trainer editor cause main reason why i wanted to add bew mons was to make some rivals and trainers stronger with new mons, but some error appeared invalidargument or index double something( writing from phone) so i tried testing some other games backups with the patch where it says something about if wanted to expand but needs 0xA0000 something to find i think i tried but s Nevermind fixed. (Now the next step i think i have to create scripts for rivaltrainers)

Last edited:
Back