• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Grand Idea Grab Bag Mafia [Game Over]

Superjolt

Put some [b][color=Red]color[/color][/b] in your l
Years
No one else wanted to play.
Well that's pretty lame :/
Ash is dead. They were a Mafia-Scatterbrained Vigilante!
Is this supposed to be green?
A fuse has been lit. You have 3 days to find the one who placed it or everyone but them will die in the explosion!
oh gog what is happening

I thought syn's role sounded scary but then this
Whoa these roles are wild!

So we seem to have 5 town left I think, unless Fletch used his fake death shot.

With 10 alive there must be at least 1 independent, maybe more, of which one is provably the bomber.
Reads, thoughts jd?

Gotta admit the Aldo kill is throwing me off a little

Superjolt

Years
btw with all these deaths, we only have 6 town alive now, so there's 4 non-town (assuming Ash's flip was supposed to be red, otherwise the numbers wouldn't make sense)

LuluRina

I got this feelin' inside my bones
Years
Uhh.... okay I'm confused. Desox acted a lot like town yesterday and Aldo is dead
And Ash's role make it sound like Mafia but the color makes it green, which tells me that the gm either messed up, he's screwing with us so we don't know who's mafia out of all the people who died, or Ash is town

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
So I guess that means we have 5 town out of 10 alive....ouchie. I'll try to read up some later today and submit some reads. I'll admit I haven't been following the games here very closely lately due to vacation.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Y'all come on, the scatterbrained modifier is obviously what's confusing you on the role

If your first thought is GM mistake, you might need to get some more creative thinking lol

But that's rough and demoralizing, losing two town to inactivity and having one NKed all at once. Now we're basically at the mercy of the third party and whether they Lynch some maf with us

Which makes me want to say fuck it and give the game to the bomber but lmao I guess I'll try to put in a good read later

Superjolt

Years
Y'all come on, the scatterbrained modifier is obviously what's confusing you on the role

If your first thought is GM mistake, you might need to get some more creative thinking lol

But that's rough and demoralizing, losing two town to inactivity and having one NKed all at once. Now we're basically at the mercy of the third party and whether they Lynch some maf with us

Which makes me want to say **** it and give the game to the bomber but lmao I guess I'll try to put in a good read later
If that's a modifier I didn't actually know what it was lol, I have looked through a good chunk of the grand idea thread but can't recall coming across something like that

On the plus side if the bomb thing is from third party then it gives mafia an incentive to aim for third party then

But also, if Ash is town then that means it's 5 town vs 5 non-town

wait... shit, is it LyLo?? If it's 5v4v1 right now... the only way it wouldn't be is if it's 5v3v2

Desox

This account is inactive.
Years
Well as I told you my role didn't let me vote with 5+ words and see? I made a majority but it didn't win the lynch. Now, though, I have another role (so someone else is now the 4 lettered role, or noone, I don't know, but the flavour text seemed to talk about an exchange). So luckily, I can vote now and form coherent sentences at the same town time.

Now, going to this newfound role, boy let me tell you this is a bang average mafia, like imagine going to the ice cream parlor and all the flavours being vanilla. So we can chill on that aspect, kinda. That bomb and all the other parties, though...

Last edited:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
I hope it's not LYLO, though I wonder if Pecilia would actually confirm that or not.

Well as I told you my role didn't let me vote with 5+ words and see? I made a majority but it didn't win the lynch. Now, though, I have another role (so someone else is now the 4 lettered role, or noone, I don't know, but the flavour text seemed to talk about an exchange). So luckily, I can vote now and form coherent sentences at the same town time.

Now, going to this newfound role, boy let me tell you this is a bang average mafia, like imagine going to the ice cream parlor and all the flavours being vanilla. So we can chill on that aspect, kinda. That bomb and all the other parties, though...
How did your role change? And what is the bang average mafia comment supposed to mean?

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
Years
L'belle with an underwhelming post, no reads you want to continue to go off of?

I agree with Lulu's sentiment about Desox, he's been looking very town the past day and today his post looks good as well.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
Tbh quite surprised at how confused people were at the green text of Ash's role vs the role name, when we've talked about quite a few times already in this game that alignments were randomised

Agreed w Doof @ underwhelming post from LBelle. All my games are getting mixed up in my head atm but from memory LBelle has had decently posts throughout the game

Still feeling Doof is coasting though, again it's pretty common consensus that Desox looks very town atm but still haven't seen any scum reads from doof

Also interested though @Desix for what you mean by your mafia comment, did your new role give you insight? (@doof from memory one player changes roles every night)

Currently biggest two scum reads for me are Doof and Mala. Doof formcoasting as mentioned above and Mala for the same reason but seemingly making even less of an effort

Will drop a vote on mala for now in case i don't have time to get on again before phase change, but tbh happy with voting either of these two

[vote] malanaphii

Years
I think we should reveal now if it's 5 town. I wanted to reveal last day but I didn't in case mafia tried to kill me.
I'm a RNG cop. At start of game I've to choose a number and I'll be assigned a random cop role out of Cop, Confused cop, lazy cop, paranoid cop, insane cop before n0 starts. I'll not be informed which cop I am.

I got Aldo as Innocent on N0. That's why I soft defended him.
That eliminates lazy cop and paranoid cop.

SJ revealed his role so I investigated him to confirm my role. But he flipped as mafia to me.
But I think he is town.

I investigated Naku last night and they flipped innocent.

So either I'm insane cop or confused cop. If SJ is town.

Nakuzami

Years

And I do believe SJ is town, so that makes you a confused cop. Which is unfortunate as it's also the useless cop.

My role is the Motion Detector. I can watch someone at night and see if they visited anyone or if anyone visited them, but I can't see what the actions were or who was involved with them

Night Zero I found that gp had one visitor
Night One I found that gp (obviously) was visited
Night Two I found that nothing happened with Superjolt

Superjolt

Years
L'belle with an underwhelming post, no reads you want to continue to go off of?

I agree with Lulu's sentiment about Desox, he's been looking very town the past day and today his post looks good as well.
I agree about L'Belle, but do you have any reads Doof?
I think we should reveal now if it's 5 town. I wanted to reveal last day but I didn't in case mafia tried to kill me.
I'm a RNG cop. At start of game I've to choose a number and I'll be assigned a random cop role out of Cop, Confused cop, lazy cop, paranoid cop, insane cop before n0 starts. I'll not be informed which cop I am.

I got Aldo as Innocent on N0. That's why I soft defended him.
That eliminates lazy cop and paranoid cop.

SJ revealed his role so I investigated him to confirm my role. But he flipped as mafia to me.
But I think he is town.

I believe this claim (technically you could still be a scum cop but I still think you're Town right now). Scum reads Desi?
And I do believe SJ is town, so that makes you a confused cop. Which is unfortunate as it's also the useless cop.

My role is the Motion Detector. I can watch someone at night and see if they visited anyone or if anyone visited them, but I can't see what the actions were or who was involved with them

Night Zero I found that gp had one visitor
Night One I found that gp (obviously) was visited
Night Two I found that nothing happened with Superjolt
Ok I can buy this too I think. Why did you target me last night though? How do you feel about L'Belle right now ?

L'Belle

I am beauty!
Years
I agree that my post was weak, but honestly Syn turning out town was kind of a shock for me. I find it odd that you immediately jump on me without coming with anything new yourself though. At least post reads yourself if you're going to ask for mine. Definitly sus.

I do townread Superjolt though. His towns have in my opinion been pretty town-ish, has given pretty insightful reads, so for now, townread on him. I will also agree with what is said about Desox.

So my reads are:

Townreads:
- Desox
- Superjolt

Scumreads:
- Bidoof

??? Reads:
- Everyone else that I didn't mention

Nakuzami

Years
Ok I can buy this too I think. Why did you target me last night though? How do you feel about L'Belle right now ?
If you were to visit anyone, it would mean you lied about your role. So I figured I'd check.

As for L'Belle, there's not too much to say. This is literally everything from L'Belle:

Spoiler:
L'Belle's first post is the only one that mentions a player other than Syn or Lulu, until his most recent post. And even between the posts fixating on Syn and Lulu, he flipped between them a lot, alternating which was town/scum

And then in his most recent post, he scumread doof, despite having said literally nothing about doof thus far, nor explaining the read in the same post

Is that just an attempt to blend in at this point?

L'Belle as ???
BidoofFTW as ???
Charlie Brown as ???
Superjolt as Town Census Taker
Jdthebud as ???
Desox as ???
Nakuzami as Motion Tracker
malanaphii as ???
LuluRina as ???
Desinishon as Confused Cop

If we go with the three revealed players being town, that leaves only two other townies out of the other seven players.

Desox I would have believed to be town with his initial role, but with the roles swapped now I'm not sure where his alignment would fall. He also only hinted that his new role was pretty boring (I think) and didn't say what it was, so
But I'm not sure if alignments swap with the roles. It would make the role in my next question make more sense if they did, though

@Superjolt, was it N0 you used your action? Forgot and haven't checked. If you did, then the numbers could still be off, because someone else would have had their role swapped on Day One and whoever it was didn't mention it then either.

Pecilia

Best Witch
Years
Day extension for another 36 hours. Schedule change coming up for me and I do not see a lot of votes...

Back