Pokémon Sun & Pokémon Moon Alola, and welcome to the Alola region, Trainer! This is the forum for the first games of the seventh generation, Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon! Are you Team Rowlet, Litten, or Popplio? Do you prefer Solgaleo or Lunala? How do you feel about Alola forms? Talk about those and more here!

Old July 12th, 2017 (6:56 PM).
u5uk1r0k

Nature: Bashful
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by string555 View Post
    So I've been building up a new team back in Ye Olde Platinum version. The newest one I have is Pokemon White. My question is... Will I be able to move my team up from Platinum into the newest games?

I know that Nintendo has been very good about keeping everything backwards compatible, but I thought I could get a quick answer here to be sure about it.
    Yes you will be able to move your Platinum team to White/White 2 (Or the Black version 1 or 2)
    through leaving your team in the P.C.

Then, go to the Poke-transfer lab on Route 15 (I think)-->In your 5th gen games
    or the route west of White Forest. Then, head into the lab, and if you have another ds, insert your gen 4 game in, and go to the ds download play. Then, connect with your DS with White, and then select your team in the P.C in the gen 4 DS, and a small minigame will ensue, where you have a pokeball crossbow, in which you have to catch your pokemon by aiming and firing at them. If you catch them all (geddid?), you can transfer them to your white copy, but if you fail, you can try again. So yes, in other words, you can. If you want a more elaborate explanation, just search on the internet. But, the process is pretty self-explanatory.

Relevant Advertising!

Old July 12th, 2017 (7:21 PM).
    Nyeh?
    • Gold Tier

Nature: Hasty
    Quote:
    So I've been building up a new team back in Ye Olde Platinum version. The newest one I have is Pokemon White. My question is... Will I be able to move my team up from Platinum into the newest games?

I know that Nintendo has been very good about keeping everything backwards compatible, but I thought I could get a quick answer here to be sure about it.
    You need to transfer your Pokemon from Platinum to B/W first, then X/Y/OR/AS before putting them in Sun/Moon.

Old July 13th, 2017 (12:26 AM).
    Unprofessional Unprofessional

Nature: Adamant
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by w1f1pa55w0rd View Post
      Another question, does the shiny charm increase the odds of getting a shiny in eggs? WITHOUT THE MASUDA METHOD? Or do i have to search tall grass?
      Shiny Charm increases the shiny chance overall. So any pokemon you encounter/hatch without a method has a flat ~1/1365 chance of being shiny.

Quote:

You need:
      At least 2 systems of the DS/3DS/2DS families. May include 1 3DS.
      At least 1 Gen V game that is completed. (At least beating N at the League)
      A 3DS with Pokebank and Poketransporter bought on it. It's only $5 a year.

1. Put Plat in 1 DS/3DS... and White in the other. Make sure your Plat team is all in the PC. Turn on the DS with White in it and traverse to Route 15. Enter the Poke Transfer Lab.
      2. Talk to the scientist at the back. On the DS with Plat in it, select DS Download Play from the Home Screen.
      3. Once you connect, you'll be able to select 6 pokemon to transfer. Choose your team in your case.
      4. Play the minigame that definitely isn't annoying. Once you're done, wait for everything to be confirmed.
      5. Now your team is in White! Make sure they are the only pokemon in Box 1 for the next steps.
      6. Now place White in a 3DS if it isn't already. Go to Poke Transporter.
      7. You'll now be able to transfer Box 1 into Pokebank.
      8. Once you're done, take insert Gen VII Game (S/M) and open PokeBank.
      9. On the top screen, change to the Transport Box and place your Plat team into the bottom screen.
      10. Now your team is in Sun/Moon!
      Living Pokedex Complete: LG, E, Pl, Y, OR, M
      Big thanks especially to DestinedJagold, Xerneas_X, Elements1 and ~RNC~

PM me if you want to trade, or add my FC.
      Old July 13th, 2017 (4:15 PM).
      Otherwordly Product :3

Nature: Gentle
        Sweet, thank you kind people. :D
        None Of The Above is still a concept, the concept of taking pride in being unique, being yourself, and thinking outside of the box. I would eventually like to turn it into a full-fledged organization.

This is my AI daughter: https://youtu.be/i7j9IPeDxjk
        She was partly inspired by Yui from SAO, and Jane from the Ender's Game series. :3
        Old 4 Weeks Ago (4:27 AM).

I'm looking to find a 5IV or 6IV Ditto. I understand I have to SOS chain to a certain point, though there are different sources saying how long you have to SOS chain in order to start having a change at a Ditto with a minimum of 4 perfect IVs.

Some sources I've seen state you have to wait for 50 SOS calls, others say 40 or even 30.

Anyone know the exact number of SOS calls that should happen before you can start capturing a Ditto?
          Old 4 Weeks Ago (5:48 AM).
          Rogue of Void

Nature: Sassy
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Safastak88 View Post
          I'm looking to find a 5IV or 6IV Ditto. I understand I have to SOS chain to a certain point, though there are different sources saying how long you have to SOS chain in order to start having a change at a Ditto with a minimum of 4 perfect IVs.

Some sources I've seen state you have to wait for 50 SOS calls, others say 40 or even 30.

Anyone know the exact number of SOS calls that should happen before you can start capturing a Ditto?
          Hi! From testing it a few times myself, it seems 4IVs are guaranteed after a chain of 30. Keep in mind however, chains reset after 255 Pokémon!

jakejanedirkcalliope
          but i think u mean batterwitch thugs
          Old 4 Weeks Ago (7:45 AM).

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Soapyyy View Post
            Hi! From testing it a few times myself, it seems 4IVs are guaranteed after a chain of 30. Keep in mind however, chains reset after 255 Pokémon!
            Thanks for the reply

Does waiting longer than a chain of 30 increase the chance of getting 5IVs or 6IVs?
            Old 4 Weeks Ago (9:03 AM).
            Rogue of Void

Nature: Sassy
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Safastak88 View Post
            Thanks for the reply

Does waiting longer than a chain of 30 increase the chance of getting 5IVs or 6IVs?
            No Sadly for 5 or 6IV, the odds are about the same as finding a 2IV Pokémon in the wild without chaining.

jakejanedirkcalliope
            but i think u mean batterwitch thugs
            Old 1 Week Ago (12:51 PM).
            Just call me EC.
            • Gold Tier

There's no easy way to get a Dragon Scale before becoming the champion, is there?
            Old 1 Week Ago (3:53 PM).
            Nyeh?
            • Gold Tier

Nature: Hasty
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by EvilChameleon View Post
            There's no easy way to get a Dragon Scale before becoming the champion, is there?
            There's a 5% chance that the Dratini line will have it in the wild. Or else, you're better off waiting till the Battle Tree.

Old 3 Days Ago (3:27 AM).

So, how do I evolve pokemon that evolve by getting max friendship? I've heard that you just don't use them in battle, but both pokemon I'm trying to evolve (that evolve this way) have leveled up muitiple times and haven't evolved. And it's really screwing me up since it means I'm only using 4/6 pokemon spaces.
              Old 3 Days Ago (5:22 AM).
              Training To Be The Best

Nature: Brave
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Wintermelon43 View Post
                So, how do I evolve pokemon that evolve by getting max friendship? I've heard that you just don't use them in battle, but both pokemon I'm trying to evolve (that evolve this way) have leveled up muitiple times and haven't evolved. And it's really screwing me up since it means I'm only using 4/6 pokemon spaces.

Here are some ways that help:

Having the Pokémon in spot 1 and walking around.
                Winning battles.
                Giving it a hair cut.

Tbh I find winning battles tends to do the trick, I had my Eevee from lv1 to lv14 and ready to evolve.
                Old 3 Days Ago (5:29 AM).
                see meee?
                • Platinum Tier
                • EOEvent Organizer

Nature: Quirky
                Quote:
                Another thing you can do is give your Pokemon a Soothe Bell, which is obtained on Route 3 after beating the first trial.
                Old 3 Days Ago (11:39 AM).

Quote:
                The not using them in battle thing is likely intended as a safeguard against them fainting in battle, which reduces friendship/happiness every time it happens. However, Pokemon also gain friendship/happiness when they level up, so you should still use them in battle since you want to get them the EXP they need, just be careful is all.

There's other things that'll net you friendship/happiness points too, which is detailed on this page: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Friendship#In_Generation_VII

"Heh, I'm not scared of you!"

D&DTourney6th Gen
                Quick Reply

Sponsored Links