• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team-Building Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Spoiler:

So I went and put both Keldeo and Slowbro on the team. Slowbro sounded nice since it can actually handle Mega Loppuny to some degree and Regenerator and Thunder Wave are really nice too. SubCM Keldeo basically beats Bisharp (who's troublesome for Kyu/Meta/Bro) and gives me a stallbreaker. But then idk what to do now. I put in Air Balloon Heatran to set up rocks and stuff, but idk if that's a good option.

It feels like there's too much shit to deal with and not enough 'mons, or whatever I pick causes as many problems as it fixes or is a rather shaky answer =(

Anti

return of the king
Years
You definitely want Psyshock on your Slowbro so that you can beat Keldeo.

I might as well turn to some stuff I've been working on lately if anyone wants to comment on it or help out.

The rise in bulky teams has made bulky sweepers really great in the metagame, and they tend to be CMers: Clefable, Keldeo, Slowbro. I've used the former two a lot (and would love to really make a great Clefable core and team, but that's for another post or more likely a future RMT), but haven't really used Slowbro. Here's the set I've been planning on running:

slowbro-mega.gif

Slowbro @ Slowbronite
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Psyshock / Iron Defense
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off

I'm eager to use this because, while stall can pretty easily handle it with status, Leech Seed, and Unaware, most other archetypes struggle with him a lot. Outside of stall's answers, I think the ones I would expect are offensive Electric-types (Raikou, Magnezone, Thundurus, and Mega Manectric), Manaphy, Celebi, and uhhh Mega Sceptile I guess? Of course, there are soft checks like Toxic Heatran or Ferrothorn, but I like that Slowbro needs little support to remove them: Heatran simply cannot switch into Scald too much, and Ferro can switch in until burn puts it on a timer (plus team support). Really, only Celebi and to a lesser degree Manaphy like coming in on this guy, as the Electrics simply cannot take a ton of Scalds. It seems like the way to beat offense is simply "kill the Electric and then set up," while balance is basically that or maybe Celebi. And just speaking from personal experience, I find myself pretty much 6-0ed by this guy unless I very specifically prepare for him.

On the defensive side, it provides utility against a ton of potent physical attackers like Lopunny, Diggersby, Mega BrokenGross (this is honestly the biggest selling point lol), and Talonflame. Great stuff.

I am torn on the Psyshock/Iron Defense moveslot. The former obviously helps a lot with coverage and makes beating opposing CM sweepers like Suicune and Clefable much less painstaking. The latter is really nice for stuff like Zard-X, SD Diggersby, SD Garchomp, and other set-up attackers. I am leaning Psyshock, especially for Keldeo, but thought I'd pose this to y'all.

Anyway, in terms of support, I wanted something that could wear down Electrics. That's when I thought of this guy:

tornadus-therian.gif

Tornadus-T @ Life Orb
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 40 Atk / 252 SAtk / 216 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- U-turn

An odd choice seeing as it *loses* to Electrics, but I liked its ability to wear them down with U-turn and grab some momentum. I also like that Torn-T is a nice balance breaker and has a ton of utility against all playstyles because of its Speed, movepool (not great, but has the right tools), and high base power (but low reliability, sadface) STAB. Also, it forms a nice Regenerator core. I like that it can deal with Slowbro's Grass-type checks pretty directly and benefits from the Rain Manaphy summons.

I kind of got stuck here, because I wanted something that can defensively handle Electrics that isn't a total tempo killer. I ended up settling for Hippowdon and then running Rush Exca, Specs HP Bug (lol) Keld, and MG CM Stored Power Clefable to round out the team, and it has done pretty well so far, but it seems a little shaky to me. I could go the Sand route, but I'm not sure if it's actually the best thing for my team. Seems like it might just wear down the two core Pokemon above, but I definitely want hazard control because hazards can ruin Slowbro's defensive utility while ROX hamper Torn-T's insane survivability.

So yeah, go crazy. I am open to replacing Torn-T (in large part because I HATE low-reliability mons and Hurricane bl0ws) but definitely keep the M-Slowbro: I find him intriguing and the best Pokemon that no one hypes. :)

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Id go psyshock, it actually really hammers Chansey after a CM, lets you not lose to keld, megasaur, suicune and lets you beat all Clefable (unaware AND MG) 1vs1 due to you crit blocking Unaware then you win with a crit lol. I dont see Iron Defense of any particular use really. None of those sweepers you mentioned beat Slowbro 1vs1anyway. Zard gets 2hko'd with Scald and Rocks up at +0, Diggersby gets wasted by Scald same with Chomp if it tries to set up on you (takes about 40% from scald at +0).

Honestly id look into Talon if you dont like Torny-s accuracy as it too lures in electrics (sup im ground natural gift etc) and then a grass type to handle said electrics defensively for a nice fwg core. Defog is also an option because Spikes and/or rocks will be going up vs megabro since it draws in stuff like Ferro and Chansey, its inevitable and you cant really avoid it. That and status are the main things that mess up bro too.

Last edited:

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
I'm planning on starting my own Gen VI competitive battles soon but I'm having problems on how to build my team. I'm planning to use an M-Venusaur core but, aside from Heatran, I can't really think of any other Pokemon that cooperates well with M-Venu.

This is what I got right now.

Venusaur @Venusaurite
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP/ 240 Def/ 16 Spe
Bold (+Def, - Atk)
~ Giga Drain
~ Sludge Bomb
~ Synthesis
~ Leech Seed

Basically, what I'm trying to do is a stall team . I'm thinking of adding Regenerator Slowbro and Gliscor to the team but I am not so sure yet.

Years
I don't love Scizor as a Defogger, but you can never have too many MMeta checks. Worth a shot, certainly.

To clarify, the mons I suggested were independent of one another (I don't rly like Ferro/Mag on this team together etc.) but yeah I think Azumarill would be a good choice. I think it's really great in this meta, though I would experiment with all of its sets just to see what works well.

With that core, you'd want some VoltTurn coverage as your first priority, as well as your own rox. I do think that together Scizor and Azumarill might make your team a little slow, which is something to look out for. (Sort of depends on how much you like speedy teams, but thought I'd throw it out there.)

I do like azu its a monster. So, so far I have zard x, gengar, and azu. Would you recommend excadrill over scizor as the spinner? Also, for zard x is it better to be 252Atk and 252Spe or would some HP investment make sense?

As for the VoltTurn and rocks would a physically defensive Landorus-T work? With lefties, rocks, u-turn, EQ, and knock off.

Years
For the weather problem concerning my team so far, I've decided on a few different approaches:

-Run either Zard Y or Ninetales for sun support (Ninetales if I decide on having another member for the Mega slot), I would also have to build the rest of my team around the sun in this scenario.
-Run Tyranitar for sand support (meaning I would likely use Megachomp over the previous set, again, building the rest of my team around this weather).
-Consider ditching Togekiss for Cloud Nine Altaria or adding Cloud Nine Altaria alongside Togekiss. Ditching Togekiss would result in me having to find another viable partner to support Meowstic and the rest of the team (worst case scenario).

Any helpful thoughts or opinions?

GengarsTeeth

Ghost Breeder
Years
I'm looking to switch over to ORAS soon and as I'm now happy with what I can produce myself while breeding I'd really like to start competitive battling. I haven't done any battling since DP so I'm totally rusty.. my favourite pokemon are ghost so I would really like gengar on my team, I also really like rotom and any rotom forme would be cool to use, I was thinking scizor as a physical sweeper and maybe bulbasaur as a damage sponge and poisoner or something. some of my favourite mons are in my sig.

Based on the info given and the mons in my sig, does anyone think they could sugest me a team to get started with please?

Detox

Alright, I need some help here. I found an interesting core of Heatran, Toxicroak, and Rotom-W earlier and decided that I'd try to team build around it. However, me being out of battling for like…five years or so, has led me to a roadblock. I find that the core itself has amazing synergy, with one of the only flaws bwing its inability to handle Mold Breaker Excadrill in certain scenarios. To remedy this, I added in a Scarf Landorus-Therian (and also unintentionally formed a secondary VoltTurn core). So now I'm pretty much stuck. I'm considering adding in a Politoed or some other weather user like Tyranitar just so that I don't get slapped around by people who also use it. The current team is in the spoiler below.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

GengarsTeeth

Ghost Breeder
Years
Right, well I found an interesting core of Heatran, Toxicroak, and Rotom-W earlier and decided that I'd try to team build around it. However, me being out of battling for like…five years or so, has led me to a roadblock. I find that the core itself has amazing synergy, with one of the only flaws bwing its inability to handle Mold Breaker Excadrill in certain scenarios. To remedy this, I added in a Scarf Landorus-Therian (and also unintentionally formed a secondary VoltTurn core). So now I'm pretty much stuck. I'm considering adding in a Politoed or some other weather user like Tyranitar just so that I don't get slapped around by people who also use it. The current team is in the spoiler below.

Spoiler:

thanks man, I have been working on a team with someone and what we came up with was Gengar, Rotom - w, Slowbro, mega venusaur, Bisharp and Garchomp.

I don't know the movesets yet really, I think thats what I'm gonna go for at first though. I will show my mate your list as well and see if we can do something with it

Anti

return of the king
Years
Id go psyshock, it actually really hammers Chansey after a CM, lets you not lose to keld, megasaur, suicune and lets you beat all Clefable (unaware AND MG) 1vs1 due to you crit blocking Unaware then you win with a crit lol. I dont see Iron Defense of any particular use really. None of those sweepers you mentioned beat Slowbro 1vs1anyway. Zard gets 2hko'd with Scald and Rocks up at +0, Diggersby gets wasted by Scald same with Chomp if it tries to set up on you (takes about 40% from scald at +0).

Honestly id look into Talon if you dont like Torny-s accuracy as it too lures in electrics (sup im ground natural gift etc) and then a grass type to handle said electrics defensively for a nice fwg core. Defog is also an option because Spikes and/or rocks will be going up vs megabro since it draws in stuff like Ferro and Chansey, its inevitable and you cant really avoid it. That and status are the main things that mess up bro too.

This sounds good. After some absurd amount of Hurricane misses, let's just say I tilted a bit. Talonflame will definitely be getting a look, lol. x_x

Also, figured on Psyshock, but thanks for some confirmation.

I'm planning on starting my own Gen VI competitive battles soon but I'm having problems on how to build my team. I'm planning to use an M-Venusaur core but, aside from Heatran, I can't really think of any other Pokemon that cooperates well with M-Venu.

This is what I got right now.

Venusaur @Venusaurite
Trait: Chlorophyll
Bold (+Def, - Atk)
~ Giga Drain
~ Sludge Bomb
~ Synthesis
~ Leech Seed

Basically, what I'm trying to do is a stall team . I'm thinking of adding Regenerator Slowbro and Gliscor to the team but I am not so sure yet.

This sounds like a really nice start. Mega Venusaur stall can definitely still work. Venu/Tran/Bro/Glisc is a really excellent start. Most stall teams run Unaware, and Clefable fits in well there. You could also run Chansey. The last slot would be your Spinner or Defogger, and there are a lot of choices for that: Skarm, Zap, Latis, etc. I'm not the best at making stall builds though...

I do like azu its a monster. So, so far I have zard x, gengar, and azu. Would you recommend excadrill over scizor as the spinner? Also, for zard x is it better to be 252Atk and 252Spe or would some HP investment make sense?

As for the VoltTurn and rocks would a physically defensive Landorus-T work? With lefties, rocks, u-turn, EQ, and knock off.

Zard X with Adamant usually runs something like 200 Speed, which iirc outspeeds +speed base 80s? With Jolly, I don't remember what the exact number is, but hit 310 to outspeed Jolly Landorus-T. Put the rest in HP in both cases.

I would try both Exca and Scizor and see which one you like better.

And sorry if I was unclear - I meant you should prepare for common VoltTurn cores, not necessary add them yourself. Of course, Landorus-T helps with that and does fit in alright, so I think you might as well try it.

I'm looking to switch over to ORAS soon and as I'm now happy with what I can produce myself while breeding I'd really like to start competitive battling. I haven't done any battling since DP so I'm totally rusty.. my favourite pokemon are ghost so I would really like gengar on my team, I also really like rotom and any rotom forme would be cool to use, I was thinking scizor as a physical sweeper and maybe bulbasaur as a damage sponge and poisoner or something. some of my favourite mons are in my sig.

Based on the info given and the mons in my sig, does anyone think they could sugest me a team to get started with please?

Do not use Bulbasaur.

Mega Scizor, Rotom-W, and Gengar can work together on some kind of bulky offense or balance. What exactly did you have in mind?

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
So I got this one,

Venusaur @Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Leech Seed

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Fire Blast
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Toxic
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 68 SpA / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
- Defog
- Heat Wave

I am feeling a bit off on having two Toxic-spreaders on the team, but I guess since I am building a stall team, two is better than one. Any suggestions?

Thanks Anti!

GengarsTeeth

Ghost Breeder
Years
I actually really like toxic teams too so that is exciting to me, thanks guys, so many ideas. i'm gonna try out everything of course though, when learning it is best to sample everything I find, you never know what's gonna suit you

Do not use Bulbasaur.

Mega Scizor, Rotom-W, and Gengar can work together on some kind of bulky offense or balance. What exactly did you have in mind?

the team my friend had suggested to me was.. bisharp, mega venusaur, slowbro (for ice beam mainly, tis the only ice beam user I can access in OU and works with the team) Garchomp, Gengar and Rotom-W

I don't know if anyone seen this list as it seems you were improving on my first post..

this is all good tho man as i wanna learn everything I can.

edit: ah right, I did say bulbasaur, I meant venusaur! lol.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
So after some thinking and shit I finally got 6 pokes together for the team:

Spoiler:

As great as SubCM Keldeo is I felt like it was not allowing me to fill enough holes, so I replaced it with CM Magic Guard Clefable to hopefully be a stall answer and Lati check. And despite wanting to not use Lando-T initially, I decided that I there probably was nothing better to put in, so there it is. Final slot went to offensive Starmie to spin, sorta check a couple of pokes.

So if y'all could take one more look at it that'd be great. Having 3 part Psychic types makes the team Dark/Ghost weak though.....

GengarsTeeth

Ghost Breeder
Years
So after some thinking and **** I finally got 6 pokes together for the team:

Spoiler:

As great as SubCM Keldeo is I felt like it was not allowing me to fill enough holes, so I replaced it with CM Magic Guard Clefable to hopefully be a stall answer and Lati check. And despite wanting to not use Lando-T initially, I decided that I there probably was nothing better to put in, so there it is. Final slot went to offensive Starmie to spin, sorta check a couple of pokes.

So if y'all could take one more look at it that'd be great. Having 3 part Psychic types makes the team Dark/Ghost weak though.....

this is ou yeah? gengar would run a mock with the psychics. I can't really give you any advice though as i'm just learning, myself about this stuff. I have a team down now and I'm gonna breed it and then practice. Do I have your friend code added? i don't think we have traded yet but we have the same friends on here I think, I'll add you if you want to practise OU meta with me, I'm game for making teams specifically to counter yours for practice and you do the same to kill my teams.

Years
Zard X with Adamant usually runs something like 200 Speed, which iirc outspeeds +speed base 80s? With Jolly, I don't remember what the exact number is, but hit 310 to outspeed Jolly Landorus-T. Put the rest in HP in both cases.

I would try both Exca and Scizor and see which one you like better.

And sorry if I was unclear - I meant you should prepare for common VoltTurn cores, not necessary add them yourself. Of course, Landorus-T helps with that and does fit in alright, so I think you might as well try it.

Okay cool. I just wanted to make sure before I start EV training. And I will try both exca and scizor and let the best poke win. I understood what you said about voltturn coverage, but I figured Lando-T helped me there and also just a happy coincidence that it made my own little voltturn. Now, so far I have zard x, gengar, azumarill, excadrill/scizor, and lando-t. I still need a 6 poke and was considering another special attacker cuz all I have is gar. Any suggestions about who I should add?

TCB

Tranquilo.
Years
So I'm starting build a team. Right now will be focusing on Dragonite and Jolteon; the former will be a Expreme Speed Multiscale while I'm still determine what role I want to pull off with Jolteon.

Afterwards I want to have a tank on my team, but I never really utilized one before (as surprising as it sounds).

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
So I'm starting build a team. Right now will be focusing on Dragonite and Jolteon; the former will be a Expreme Speed Multiscale while I'm still determine what role I want to pull off with Jolteon.

Afterwards I want to have a tank on my team, but I never really utilized one before (as surprising as it sounds).
The best role Jolteon can do is a special sweeper. Unfortunately, Mega Manectric, Thundurus and even Raikou outclass Jolteon in the Electric specials sweeping role because they have better stats, move pools and/or utility roles.

Anyway, here are sets you should use for each, but take note that Jolteon is still outclassed:

Dragonite:
-Dragon Dance
-Outrage/Dragon Claw
-Earthquake/Fire Punch
-Extreme Speed
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
Item: Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale

or
-Outrage
-Earthquake/Superpower
-Extreme Speed
-Fire Punch/Dragon Claw
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
Item: Choice Band

or
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake/Fire Punch
-Extreme Speed
-Roost
EVs: 216 HP/64 Atk/228 SDef
Item: Leftovers

Jolteon:
-Thunderbolt
-Volt Switch
-Hidden Power (Ice/Grass)
-Shadow Ball/Signal Beam
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 Def/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb/Choice Specs
Ability: Volt Absorb

As for a tank Pokemon, Ferrothorn, Mega Sableye, Mega Altaria, Therian Landorus, Skarmory, (Mega) Slowbro, Mandibuzz, Clefable, Heatran, Wash Rotom, Sylveon and even Empoleon and Super Size Gourgeist are examples:

Ferrothorn:
-Stealth Rock/Spikes
-Leech Seed
-Gyro Ball/Thunder Wave
-Power Whip/Protect
Nature: Relaxed
EVs: 252 HP/88 Def/168 SDef
Item: Leftovers/Shed Shell
Ability: Iron Barbs

Sableye:
-Calm Mind
-Dark Pulse/Shadow Ball
-Will-o-Wisp
-Recover
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
Item: Sablenite
Ability: Prankster

Mega Altaria:
-Return/Hyper Voice
-Earthquake/Flamethrower/Perish Song/Roar
-Heal Bell
-Roost
Nature: Impish/Bold
EVs: 248 HP/104 Def/156 SDef
Item: Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure

Therian Landorus:
-Stealth Rock
-Earthquake
-U-turn
-Stone Edge/Rock Slide/Knock Off
Nature: Impish

Skarmory:
-Roost
-Defog
-Counter/Brave Bird
-Taunt/Whirlwind
Nature: Bold/Impish
Item: Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy

or (cartridge-friendly)
-Spikes/Stealth Rock
-Whirlwind
-Roost
-Brave Bird/Taunt
Nature: Impish/Bold
Item: Leftovers/Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy

Slowbro:
-Calm Mind
-Scald
-Psyshock
-Slack Off
EVs: 252 HP/80 Def/176 SDef
Item: Slowbronite

or
-Scald
-Psyshock/Fire Blast/Ice Beam/Foul Play
-Thunder Wave/Toxic
-Slack Off
EVs: 252 HP/232 Def/24 SDef
Item: Leftovers/Slowbronite

or
-Calm Mind
-Iron Defense
-Scald
-Slack Off
EVs: 252 HP/80 Def/176 SDef
Item: Slowbronite

Mandibuzz:
-Foul Play
-Roost
-Taunt/Whirlwind
-Defog/Toxic/Knock Off
Nature: Bold/Impish
EVs: 248 HP/136 Def/108 SDef/16 Spe
Ability: Overcoat

Clefable:
-Calm Mind
-Moonblast
-Flamethrower/Thunder Wave
-Soft-Boiled/Moonlight
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252 HP/172 Def/84 SDef
Ability: Magic Guard

or
-Calm Mind
-Moonblast
-FlamethrowerHeal Bell/Aromatherapy/Protect
-Moonlight/Wish
EVs: 248 HP/252 Def/8 SDef

or
-Stealth Rock
-Moonblast
-Flamethrower/Fire BlastHeal Bell/Thunder Wave
-Moonlight
EVs: 252 HP/172 Def/84 SDef

Heatran:
-Lava Plume
-Taunt
-Toxic
-Stealth Rock
Nature: Timid
EVs: 248 HP/8 SAtk/252 Spe

or
-Lava Plume
-Toxic
-Taunt/Roar
-Stealth Rock/Protect/Earth Power
EVs: 248 HP/192 SDef/68 Spe

Wash Rotom:
-Volt Switch
-Hydro Pump
-Will-o-Wisp
-Pain Split
Nature: Bold/Calm
EVs: 248 HP/216 Def/44 Spe (Bold) or 248 HP/216 SDef/44 Spe (Calm)

Sylveon:
-Wish
-Protect
-Hyper Voice
-Heal Bell/Toxic
EVs: 252 HP/220 Def/36 SDef
Ability: Pixilate

Empoleon:
-Defog/Stealth Rock
-Toxic/Stealth Rock
-Scald
-Roar
EVs: 248 HP/8 Def/252 SDef
Ability: Torrent

Gourgeist:
-Will-o-Wisp
-Leech Seed
-Synthesis
-Seed Bomb
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP/160 Def/96 SDef
Ability: Frisk

Reactions: TCB

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday

Spoiler:

Id be careful. Stuff like Gengar basically gets a kill each time it comes in and SD Roost Bulky Mega Scizor sets up on and crushes your whole team as does anything fast or that can stat up see: Crunch MegaDos, Bisharp etc. :\ Breloom gets to sleep whatever it wants.

Mandibuzz (as much as i hate suggesting it) would probably fit nicely over Starmie who compounds weaknesses with Slowbro as it checks Gengar and stuff like Scizor and Bisharp and can also defog. But yeah team has questionable defensive synergy and being also very slow and not even having priority isnt a good combination.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nah

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
First of all hello!. And, I need some help.
I'm trying to make a good rain team for UU but I'm having huge issues with it. Since Politoed is banned, The best rain abusers on the tier are Kingdra and Mega Swampert. I started to use Mega Swampert because is more bulky than Kingdra, And it haves a better movepool. But I don't know if it's just me but I can't make them work... On the spoiler you have the core (If that's a core)
Spoiler:

Thanks for your help.
I'd recommend using Kingdra alongside Swampert, as both can wear down each other's checks/counters. Swampert can hit on the physical side, while Kingdra can hit on the special side (and physical side if need be):
-Hydro Pump/Surf
-Draco Meteor
-Waterfall
-Rain Dance
Nature: Mild
EVs: 60 Atk/252 SAtk/196 Spe
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim

Anti

return of the king
Years
Alright, I need some help here. I found an interesting core of Heatran, Toxicroak, and Rotom-W earlier and decided that I'd try to team build around it. However, me being out of battling for like…five years or so, has led me to a roadblock. I find that the core itself has amazing synergy, with one of the only flaws bwing its inability to handle Mold Breaker Excadrill in certain scenarios. To remedy this, I added in a Scarf Landorus-Therian (and also unintentionally formed a secondary VoltTurn core). So now I'm pretty much stuck. I'm considering adding in a Politoed or some other weather user like Tyranitar just so that I don't get slapped around by people who also use it. The current team is in the spoiler below.

Spoiler:

If you run Toxicroak, you need to really focus on luring or overloading Landorus-T and especially Gliscor since they'll be getting free switch-ins on in.

I guess I'm finding it awkward to build anything around this team because, besides Toxicroak, you're essentially providing a bunch of supporting players and glue Pokemon. There are a zillion iterations of Rotom/Land (many including Heatran) and they go off in different directions. I might consider forming an offensive core with Toxicroak (probably but not necessarily with your mega slot) so you can more deliberately build around them.

So I got this one,

Venusaur @Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Leech Seed

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Slowbro @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Fire Blast
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Toxic
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 68 SpA / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
- Defog
- Heat Wave

I am feeling a bit off on having two Toxic-spreaders on the team, but I guess since I am building a stall team, two is better than one. Any suggestions?

Thanks Anti!

I'm terrible with stall builds, but it's not looking bad. I would consider Psyshock on Slowbro for Keldeo though. You're not Keld weak or anything, but I always like to be extra prepared, though the Fire move is fine. I would definitely consider Knock Off on Gliscor though - Gengar is a big threat to your team.

Spoiler:

D_A covered this well, but I would second a Mandibuzz >>> Starmie move. Doubling up on types isn't the worst, but Water/Psychic is bad because a third of your team then struggles with both U-turn and Volt Switch *and* is super vulnerable to Knock Off and Pursuit.

Okay cool. I just wanted to make sure before I start EV training. And I will try both exca and scizor and let the best poke win. I understood what you said about voltturn coverage, but I figured Lando-T helped me there and also just a happy coincidence that it made my own little voltturn. Now, so far I have zard x, gengar, azumarill, excadrill/scizor, and lando-t. I still need a 6 poke and was considering another special attacker cuz all I have is gar. Any suggestions about who I should add?

I might run AV Torn-T so your ability to take on special attackers is superior. Plus, it gives you some much-needed Speed.

With Dragonite, I would focus on running some hazard control and a way to lure or overload Landorus-T, Azumarill, and Clefable. Mega Lopunny might not be a bad choice for the latter role, though Mega Lop tends to leave some defensive holes. Can give more detailed suggestions later.

First of all hello!. And, I need some help.
I'm trying to make a good rain team for UU but I'm having huge issues with it. Since Politoed is banned, The best rain abusers on the tier are Kingdra and Mega Swampert. I started to use Mega Swampert because is more bulky than Kingdra, And it haves a better movepool. But I don't know if it's just me but I can't make them work... On the spoiler you have the core (If that's a core)
Spoiler:

Thanks for your help.

You can always just run rain on Mega Swampert over Stealth Rock. I'm still getting used to UU so I can't say a whole lot more, though I would consider a bulkier Rain setter than Tornadus, who is also quite SR weak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back