• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] Stars of Destiny [T] [IC]

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years

Melemele Island, Hau'oli City

Lusamine stood back up and observed the new trainers with their new Pokémon. Everything seemed to be coming together much smoothly. But before the next step... "Ah yes, Ryker... was it?" Lusamine greeted the newcomer who came in. She gazed at him. It seemed there was something... that caught her eye about him. "Oh, you'll do... ahem! A bit late to the party, but welcome! Your starter is over there; a Turtwig! Come, come, give it some love! It's been dying to see you..."

She then nodded to some of the staff members once more, signalling the next step. "Attention please, everyone!" she said, after a brief clapping of her hands. "Almost... everyone invited has received their Pokémon, so I think it's fair that we introduce you all to how this is going to work. Listen carefully, now! Each of you trainers will be split up into two teams: Team Sun, or Team Moon. And for each team, there will be a team captain!"

She stepped forward towards the audience, opening her arms up towards the sky. "For those who will be in Team Sun, your captain is none other than... me! Lusamine! And I promise you: we will dazzle the region with our beauty. For those of you who will be picked into Team Moon... a special guest will be joining you..."

"Aw, is that the best way you can introduce me?" Soon a new face appeared from the backdoor from the stage. She had a look of confidence and cheer on her face, with a snazzy yet simple outfit fitting them together. Her white hair was her most distinct feature; the crowd's reaction became loud and joyous upon the arrival of the seemingly charismatic woman. "Haha, thanks! I appreciate the welcome!" she said, while the applause and cheers continued to roar. The cheer soon died down as she got to speak once more. "But for those of you who don't know me, I'm Burnet! Professor Burnet. This might sound a little out there, but I research dreams. Y'know, why Pokemon dream, what sorts of things they can be dreaming, how do dreams happen... that sort of thing. But yeah! I'm the captain of Team Moon, so here's making all our dreams come true!"

Lusamine smiled and nodded. "Now then, before explaining more, why don't we start assembling the teams, hmm?" One of her staff gotten back with a sort of clipboard. Lusamine held it with her right hand, as she began to read out loud the contents. "In Team Sun, we have... Ryker, Jordan, Orpheus, Prudence, and Haruhi. I guess I should say, welcome to the superior beautiful people's team!"

"Oh please," Professor Burnet huffed. "...For the rest of you coming into Team Moon, welcome to the side-of-all-the-winners. Hm, let's see, from my notes... that'd would be: Chira, Riley, Makoa, Robin, and Will! Nice to meet you guys!"

"Haha, aren't we the confident ones?" Lusamine gleamed. "Now then, it's time for the next gift... the Pokédex!" A couple of Aether Foundation staff members wheeled in carts that had similar machines - the Pokédex. Half were orange, and the other half was a modest blue. "As you may be aware, the Pokédex is an electronic device designed to catalogue and provide information regarding the various species of Pokémon living in the region. Naturally, those on Team Sun will get orange, and the ones in Team Moon will get blue. But wait! There's more..."

Lusamine gathered up one of the stray Pokédexes and showcased it to the audience. "These types of Pokédexes are special, provided by Saffron City in Kanto, and Alola's very own Aether Foundation! These special Dexes will allow the Professor and I to keep track of your progress, and issue points for you. As these trainers start their adventure, they will get points based on their success. For example, whenever they catalogue new pokemon for their pokedex, they will gain points. If they win battles, they will gain points. If they lose battles, they will not gain as much points, but points regardless! Now, I turn to you young trainers for you see, the point of this festival is to gain as much points as you can for your team! You can go at it alone, or work with a buddy! Make new friends, catch new pokemon, and... do your best in the trials. Add those points all up, because the team with the most points at the end, will be able to battle it out to become... Alola's Grand Champion!"

The audience cheered upon hearing the stipulations. Lusamine continued, "Still, keep this in mind: this is still all about fun. Feel free to make friends with trainers who even are not in the same team as you, or maybe you can be the fierce of rivals. No matter what, be the best you can be. Now then, the trainers in both teams, when you're ready, head out for Route Two, north of here! There, you'll find new pokemon to find, and eventually, the site of your first trial. The professor and I will travel with you, even if we're far apart, we can give you messages upon your pokedex, keep track of your progress, and award you with points. So, what are you waiting for, hmm? Let the festival... begin!"

She then turned to one of the trainers on her team. "Ryker, darling? Come see me alone when you have the time. There's something... interesting for you to see, ohoho..."

✦ Lusamine

Mood: Cheery
Condition: Ok!

☾ current party

Clefable ♀
036.png

Milotic ♀
350.png

Lilligant ♀
549.png

Bewear ♂
760.png

Mismagius ♂
429.png

OOC thoughts

She's feeling "sunny"?
CSS made by TwilightBlade!

Last edited:

ghostly

cross my heart. ♫
Years
  • Age 108
  • Seen Jan 8, 2017
Robin Layton
latest
latest
Location: Hau'oli City / Status: Excited! / Event: Team Sun and Moon then on to Route Two!

"You're name is going to be 'Nelius'." Nelius tilted his head. "Do you like it?" The Cyndaquil thought for a moment then bumped his snout on his trainer's chin, burrowing further in Robin's arms the next. The feminine boy smiled, heart melting. How adorable, wanting snuggles.

Robin was still in a squatting position, his starter Pokemon situated on his lap wrapped in his arms. A small bonding moment between partners in their fresh start, together. "I'll assume that you like your name." said Robin, looking down at Nelius with gentle eyes.

"I should put a sticker on your Pokeball, makes it easier to tell." he mused, putting down Nelius a bit regretfully. Sliding his bag off his shoulder, Robin searched his bag for the stickers he brought with him. What made him pause in his search was a piece of folded paper that he could tell, was not his. Curiously, he took it out and folded the note open, seeing his mother's handwriting marking the paper.

Dear Robin, it said. I've sneaked in Lisette's Pokeball in your bag's pocket where you store your empty ones. You shouldn't have left her, sweetheart! She's yours, not just a simple practice partner, okay? Besides, I'm sure she wants to join you in your adventure. More than one company is better for you, I know you don't like being alone by yourself. Your starter would want a friend!

He blinked. "Eh?" Lisette was in his bag?! But… he left her because she wanted to stay home instead. Did his mother not ever ask? "Oh dear." he sighed. His mother, still today, was eccentric and still can be impulsive. Lisette, the Mareanie, has been his companion for an amount of five (5) years now. She had been a late birthday gift from his father, reason of keeping him company and since then, his visits back home were farther than ever.

Used to the lacking of a father's presence, Robin's mother was the one who taught him the very most and gave him tips when it comes to Pokemon, battles and for his future travel. Because Robin didn't know what he wanted and the birthmark on his left shoulder that were connected to the legends, he wanted set out on by himself with his own Pokemon instead of borrowing his mother's and some his father left behind.

"I hope Lisette isn't mad she's been brought along." he mumbled, going to his previous task that he had set aside thanks to the note. Taking out a pink star sticker, Robin placed the sticker on the Pokeball that belonged to Nelius. Checking the pocket that contained his Pokeballs, there it was mingled with the empty ones were the lone Pokeball with the same pink star sticker.

Lisette.

It was then Lusamine called for their attention. Robin stored the Pokeballs back and lifted Nelius in his arms, standing up to look at the Aether President. He'd chat with Lisette later and tell her that she was now with him instead of at home, paying attention to the one who coordinated this event first.

Team Sun and Team Moon, she revealed. Split in to two teams. Sun in her hands but then, what of Moon? It was then she said a special guest was coming. Robin wondered who. The guest's voice, a woman's made him perk up. He knew that voice! Out goes a woman with white hair and yellow eyes, face painting a strong image in contrast of Lusamine's beauty.

"It's Professor Burnet." he whispered under his breathe smothered among the cheers of the crowd, eyes light up. No offense to Lusamine but Robin was more familiar, more admiring of the Professor. Rather, he was more up in her ally if asked. Nelius curiously stared, comfortable in his trainer's hold.

Hearing his name not listed in Team Sun, it meant that- Yes. He belonged to Team Moon and again, no offense to Lusamine, Robin was quite happy with the arrangement. If he chose between the Beauty and Dream, he would not hesitate to choose the latter. Because beauty had charms, dreams however had something different that he could not explain clearly.

Robin's eyes flickered to each of his fellow members assorted in Team Moon. Chira, the adorable seafolk with a nice warming smile. Riley, the girl standing tall with full of confidence. Makoa, a man with fire that burned hotter than the sun. Will, the lady-loving guy.

They were all rather charming.

And there was he, Robin, the feminine boy struggling to be a man.

Ah…! No use for low self-esteem! No hesitation, no doubts in this journey. Robin took a deep breath and exhaled. Nelius in his arms bumped his snout again at his trainer's chin, conveying words he could not able to say in human words but in action.

We'll be great!

The two of them listened carefully of Lusamine's explanation of the points system. "There is points in this?" he said to himself, surprised. The surprise was quick to melt off. Of course this wasn't just a simple be a trainer and get your Pokemon to go on your journey thing. To excite the crowd and the very own Trainers, no?

The last words though. Alola's Grand Champion. That was the goal of the combined winning points of the Team. Trainers duking it out to be the best in the islands, fame and glory with a dash of a gold heart. A position that he was not interested in.

For he had his own goals. And that did not include being the Champion. He'd help his Team get points still. After all, Team Moon had its own trainers aiming for that high stand. To show the world that they could become more than just a trainer who trains their Pokemon.

"Good luck." he giggled. He'd support them however he can.

With the Pokedex handed out to him, he took it and marvelled at the gadget. His own Pokedex. This was real, the very next starting point. Lusamine's parting words of having fun, be the best was ingrained. No matter, be who you are or who you want to be. This wasn't just a fierce competition but a friendly one too. Which was a plus. There were no enemies but only rivals, a measuring point of your own growth and theirs.

"Cynda." Nelius piped up.

"You want to move on then?" he questioned to make sure.

The Cyndaquil nodded in response.

"Right then." Robin smiled. "Let's go! To our own adventure!"

Evily

Always follow your Dreams ~
Years

Name: Haruhi Greenwood
Birthmark symbol: Aquarius

Haru stood back in her place, petting Robin in her arms while Zoey stood on her shoulder. "Alright Robin, this Zorua here is my first partner, Zoey."

"Yip!" Zoey offered a toothy smile and transformed into a Rowlet like Robin, surprising the new member.
Haru lifted her arm to where Robin could stand on it, looking at the transformed Zoey.

They blinked at each other before Zoey snickered and transformed back, making Robin blink at her and tilt his head. "Rooo?"

"Zoey tends to transform into other Pokemon when she first meets them. Sorry about that!" apologized Haru as she lowered her arm and held Robin, Zoey going back to her usual perch.

While the other trainers got their Pokemon and bonded with them, Haru talked to her's, even though he couldn't talk back. "Zoey's been with me since the beginning. We met in a forest back in my native island, but were separated when my parents forced me to live with my grandparents."

"Ro?" hooted Robin, tilting its head to the left, as if asking why she moved.

Haru understood the gesture and smiled. "My parents go on business trips. It's not that they're long, they take up at least a week mostly, but they have them frequently. So they're rarely home. My grandpa somehow managed to get Zoey and brought her back. And that's our reunion."

"Yip!" Zoey jumped on her shoulder, nuzzling her cheek in happiness.

"Yeah, I'm happy we're back together too!" Haru petted the black fox gently, then Robin on the head. "Anyways, welcome to the team, Robin Hood!"

"Attention please everyone!" announced Lusamine, making Haru glance up from her Pokemon to her idol. She listened as she introduced the two teams: Sun and Moon.

'She's....one of the team captains? My idol?! Woah! I never though I would be guided by Lusamine-san! But I don't know if she'll be my guide...' Haru fan-girled in her mind, but was brought back by a new voice.

"Aw, is that the best way you can introduce me?" Haru looked over and saw a white haired woman enter the stage.

'She looks familiar...' She introduced herself and Haru widened her eyes. 'No wonder....'

"Now then, before explaining more, why don't we start assembling the teams, hmm?" Lusamine got a clipboard from a staff member and looked over it. "In Team Sun, we have... Ryker, Jordan, Orpheus, Prudence, and Haruhi. I guess I should say, welcome to the superior beautiful people's team!"

'Even more lucky! She's my captain!' Haru glanced at her fellow members and smiled. 'I should probably introduce myself to them after this...' After the team's introduction and selections, Lusamine held up a Pokedex and explained about it. After declaring their first Route, Route Two, Lusamine called over Ryker. 'I wonder what that's about?'

"Yip! Yip!" Zoey sniffed the air and jumped from her shoulder, running over to a fellow member.

"Ah! Zoey, wait!" Haru was about to put Robin in his pokeball, but the owl Pokemon already made itself comfortable in her shoulder bag, leaving half the space for her items. Haru sheepishly smiled. 'When did.....nevermind.' She ran over to where Zoey went and saw her standing behind Orpheus, looking at him, or more his back, the backpack.

"Yip!" Zoey jumped up to the bag, but failed and fell on her paws, glancing up at the bag.

"Zoey!" Haru scolded as she swiftly grabbed her and turned to her fellow member. "I'm sorry about her. She loves to make new friends and must have smelled something in your bag." Haru placed Zoey on her shoulder and held out her hand to the male. "I'm Haruhi Greenwood, but most call me Haru. Orpheus, right?" Haru glanced at his bag, where Zoey tried jumping to. 'I wonder why she tried...is there a Pokemon in there?' All she saw through the small opening of the bag was yellow, reminding her of Pikachu.

Ech

Years
  • Age 104
  • Seen Oct 30, 2018

Whereabouts
Temperament
Insight
Accolades
771.png
255.png

~ STRAIGHT PRIORITIES.

Makoa comically sprung up off the floor like a stiff piece of cardboard being lifted up by a nonchalant pair of hands. The newly acquainted chick had impressively nested itself on top of the spirited youth's smooth head but only with a forceful grip of her relentless talons. Whether he endured the stinging pain on his scalp or his skull was truly too thick, Makoa went from a barely clothed man to a fashionista wearing a Pokemon as a hat -- some could easily fancy this as avant-garde, but only if they were just as zany as he. The excess of heat emanated from these little pair of hot wings gradually worsened his perspiration and his body looked like it was drenched in lubrication at this point.

" Well, new friend, " Makoa loftily chortled at his newest companion, " Makoa should make it a personal goal to label you " In a brief moment of ponder, he softly scratched at his temple with an index finger. He was certainly no prodigy when it came to cognomens, as Makoa never really considered names to be a crucial aspect when strengthening comradeship and instead preferred physical intimacy to hold of someone's attention. With a shrug, his prattling mind shifted to the other matters at hand and pricked his ears for Lusamine as she continued her diligent declamation on stage.

Makoa was met with the thunderous introduction of a perky woman, her disposition felt crude compared to the more rigid elegance that was emitted from the very spokeswoman hosting this event. Even their complexions contrasted each other in tone which further accentuated on their foils, though neither seemed remotely mean-spirited and they were equally affable. But after he was informed of the group activity for the festival as well as his designated team,
it seemed Burnet would be the one Makoa was going to be more closely acquainted with. Abiding by his notion of social etiquette, he briefly greeted the oneirologist with an unintentionally salacious pose like one of those confident studs, leaning back in order to puff out his chest and directly pointing at her as if he were aggressively targeting her assets. And the Torchic perched on his head certainly did not him look any less outrageous.

Before any further interaction could be developed between these two, Makoa was gifted his own preliminary tool, a blue-tinted Pokedex. Just the visuals of its cool coloring helped ease Makoa's distress under the heat and in response, he sung out a sigh. Before pondering on where he would place his newly obtained necessities for his journey -- bear in mind, he only donned two pieces of apparel and both lacked compartment -- he focused his gaze to evaluate his companions in Team Moon and made his preparation for camaraderie before he actually embarked on his journey. He noticed the group had a higher ratio of females than males, or so it seemed. From personal experience, Makoa preferred the company of other males in the long run due to sharing similar territories as well as the lower risks of awkward misunderstandings. But make no mistake; Makoa was a man and he certainly had his priorities straightened for the vivacious. But Makoa thought it would be distasteful and downright rude to simply deny his fellow man an auspicious friendship and that it was Makoa's right to bond with the same sex first.

As Makoa made his swagger towards a potential friend, the Torchic latched onto Makoa's skull heightened its vigilance, giving everything and everyone a formidable look. Needless to say, the combination of this Pokemon's jumpy ferocity and Makoa's sappy mien was very unruly. After leaving some time to ensure his teammates were readily available for some dialogue -- he noticed one dainty teammate was already ready to move on -- Makoa targeted that grungy swashbuckler who he had noticed earlier during the initiation as he was frolicking with a rather bashful Popplio. Closing in on this man, Makoa grew dangerously close to blatantly invading this individual's personal space.

" Alola! " he held up for some quick banter, anything to hastily break through that ice known as anonymity, " Makoa thinks you look rather handsome, and that alone makes you worthy to be a friend! So why not take this time to bond? " As if the context of his deliverance alone wasn't terrifyingly suggestive enough, Makoa gradually began to close the physical gap between the two subjects as if to guarantee some level of obligatory interaction. It almost seemed as this balded blusterer was so desperate to bond, he was even willing to get in an inappropriate touch or even a direct kiss on the cheek. His intentions were truly platonic, of course, and yet...

Last edited:
Years

Orpheus Ejemo

"Attention please, everyone!" Lusamine called out, clapping her hands for quiet. "Almost... everyone invited has received their Pokémon, so I think it's fair that we introduce you all to how this is going to work. Listen carefully, now! Each of you trainers will be split up into two teams: Team Sun, or Team Moon. And for each team, there will be a team captain!"

"Yeah, that's usually how it works. Somebody has to be in charge." Orph muttered, suddenly feeling a twinge of nervousness. "I hope it's not me..."

"For those who will be in Team Sun, your captain is none other than... me! Lusamine! And I promise you: we will dazzle the region with our beauty."

While it was over dramatic, as was apparently her custom, Lusamine's announcement calmed Orph, and he found himself becoming distracted by a cool breeze. Lusamine and the Professor had started bantering, but it didn't bother Orpheus. He only started paying attention again when Lusamine started announcing teams.

"In Team Sun, we have... Ryker, Jordan, Orpheus, Prudence, and Haruhi. I guess I should say, welcome to the superior beautiful people's team!"

Well, that didn't seem fair. There were plenty of beautiful people on stage that hadn't been included in her list, and Orph had been? "Lady, (or I guess I should call her Captain, now...) you have a strange idea of beauty..." He kind of tuned out again during her spiel on the PokeDex. He picked up the gist of it, though. Everyone got a little pocket encyclopedia, and basically everything they did would earn them points. Apparently, the main goal was to have fun. And challenge the regional champion, but that wasn't really Orph's scene.

While he had been staring into space, Lusamine had finished her speech, and a small yappy dog had come up to Orph. Drake looked at it curiously, but kept his distance. Luckily for him, it seemed more interested in Orph's backpack, and poor Rags inside it.

"Yip!" The dog jumped up to his bag, but missed and landed on her paws, glancing up at the bag. "Whoa, easy there, pupper..."

"Zoey!" A girl, one of his teammates, scolded as she swiftly grabbed the little fox-dog. "I'm sorry about her. She loves to make new friends and must have smelled something in your bag." She placed Zoey on her shoulder and held out her hand. "I'm Haruhi Greenwood, but most call me Haru. Orpheus, right?"

Orph took her hand in his, giving it a half-hearted shake. "Yeah, that's me. My friends call me Orph. Or anyone who just doesn't want to use my full name, I guess." He gave a smile, reaching out to ruffle Zoey's hair. "Don't worry about your little fox-dog, she didn't hurt anything. She probably just wanted to see what's in the bag."

He took his bag off his shoulders, peering inside. The crowd had started to disperse, and no one was really paying much attention to the pair of them, standing in the back as they were. Rags wasn't nearly as scared now, so Orph tilted the bag so Haruhi could see inside. "This is Rags. She's a little shy."

"P-pika!" Rags stuttered, waving her stick tail in an attempt at a friendly greeting.

PastelPhoenix

How did this even happen?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
raKSdPt.png
Name: Jordan Wray
Team:
............... .........
skorupi.png
charmander.png

Jordan sat back and smiled at the arrival of the Professor. It appeared that they were going all in on this new generation of trainers, and she was happy to be at the front of Champion Wray she had in her head involved only one person on the throne. But in the end it shouldn't mean too much, each team would likely have a good spread of skill, just by the number of them.

It was honestly a little bit of a shock when Jordan's name was called second. She wasn't actually aware of how the teams were chosen, but she had no qualms pretending that she was chosen personally by Lusamine. No offense meant to Professor Burnet, but people who read into dreams tended to unnerve her a little. Dreams seemed personal, the mind spilling it's raw feelings and desires. She was most likely overreacting, but also enjoyed the little comforts of having a leader who wasn't an expert in dreams, and less likely to read her like a book.

"Now then, it's time for the next gift... the Pokédex!"

The next part was, admittedly, less of a surprise. Pokedexes were a staple of the modern trainer, combining the old trainer guidebooks, encyclopedias, and personal notes. Honestly, Jordan would be a little embarrassed to be on a journey without one of them. Although, the additional surveillance equipment was a little disconcerting. She supposed it was necessary for the nature of the game they were playing, but the lessening of surprised when it came to battles and general privacy concerns weighed back in her mind. She could always keep it shut in her bag when not needed.

The rest of the speech passed uneventfully, but Jordan did take note of the title that was soon to follow her name, Grand Champion. As she stepped forward to grab her pokedex, she nearly missed Lusamine's next words.

"Ryker, darling? Come see me alone when you have the time. There's something... interesting for you to see, ohoho..."

Her heart skipped a beat after hearing that. Ryker, the name called before her own. What was he to Lusamine? If she recalled correctly, he had a pretty generic introduction. There was no way he caught the Captain's attention already, was there? Did they have some kind of prior history, who was he to her? And what was interesting? Realizing she was probably staring at him, and hoping she wasn't glaring daggers, she turned and finished her initial task of grabbing a Pokedex. She would just have to try and find out the truth from her dear teammate sometime later, sneaking around wouldn't do in this situation.

Gazing at her other teammates, she looked over and saw two of them engaged in conversation already. She guessed there was as good as any to start. Making her way over, she worked her way to returning her face to its neutral, unfortunately permanently annoyed looking state. Varanus sticking close behind. Catching their names once more, she managed to confirm that Orph guy did, in fact, have a Pokemon in the bag.

"Got a shy one it seems," she stated, more as an announcement of her presence. "My Skorupi is the same way, though you'd never guess it from how bold his father was. Varanus here seems unaffected by people either way."

Last edited:

forg

ba-dum tssss. [icon]coffee-pot[/icon]
Years

Wherein She Tries To Bond With Her First Human

She couldn't contain herself.

"Oh my gosh, this is it. This is the time I've been waiting for! This is... this is nice!" she blurted out, thrilled about it all. The adventure, the friends, the Pokémon, the memories, the... just, all of it. It was all nice.

It felt like a dream.

"Toto, are you excited? Because I'm excited, and I'm itching to start like, now. Are you? Are you really? Toto?" she kept asking, attempting to stir up her new partner-in-crime. Unfortunately, it was an utter catastrophe.

The Mudkip stirred within her bag, the light kicks and gentle pushes tickling Prudence into a small giggle. He wasn't anything close to excited. If anything, he was determined to sneak in a nap within all the commotion occurring around him. "...iiiiiiiip."

Prudence's eyes widened at the sound, her mouth curling into a smirk as she tried to hold in her laughter. "W-what? Was that you? Oh, you," she mumbled through the chuckles, finding his slothful ways amusing. "We will have so much fun trying to train, I can aaaaalready see it-OH! But enough of that, did you hear the team I'm in? Team Sun! Ooooooo so-so-so... I don't know where to start, like, eep!"

With a small bounce to her legs she turned, attempting to recall what faces go with the names of her new teammates. "In Team Sun, we have... Ryker, Jordan, Orpheus, Prudence, and Haruhi. I guess I should say, welcome to the superior beautiful people's team!" Ryker was the last to join, fresh in her mind. Unfortunately, she wasn't as fortunate recalling the faces that go with the other three names.

To her dismay, the individual going by Ryker had been called up by Lusamine herself. Disturbing him now would either get him in trouble for not listening, annoy him, or... actually, she doesn't know what would occur were she to approach him right after he was called up. But, regardless, he has matters to attend to. "Aw bummers, guess I won't be meeting him anytime soon," she mumbled in dismay, her tone causing her Mudkip's head to pop out from the bag. The curiosity killed him, his beady eyes studying the other Pokémon within his proximity.

"Matters not! Stiiiiill got the Pokedex to worry about, right?" Prudence chirped out, the question aimed at nobody in particular. Her animated figure approached the Pokedex, eyes gleaming with spirit. "If anything goes wrong, like... saaaay, maybe we don't succeeed in making friends really, or get lost, or completely decide this isn't our thing, we can just collect Pokémon, right?"

Toto clumsily pressed his front paws against her right cheek, making her head swivel from side to side. "Kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip-"

"Does that mean no?" Prudence questioned. Her hands held the orange device with delicacy, eyes studying its features. "Now that I'm here... Uh... I think I'm nervous." Toto sighed, refusing to put up with her doubts and qualms. Instead, he slipped himself back into the bag, happily grunting once he found the right position to sleep in. "O-or! I'm not! Do you think I shouldn't have said that? I'll work on it, I swear!"

With the blue quadruped releasing his snores, Prudence kept holding on to the orange device as to not wake her new companion up. It wasn't until now, when her attention was free, that she noticed conversations emerging left and right. Again, she mentally cursed at the thought of forgetting the faces that go with these important names... other than Makoa. Who can forget Makoa's thrilling entrance???

There was a trio already becoming acquainted and Makoa attempting to begin a conversation with another fellow teammate, leaving three without a soul to socialize with.

What were their names again? Oh Prudence felt terrible, having already forgotten them after she put in the effort to attempt to memorize them.

"Well, what's the worst that can happen, right? Haha, already got yooouuuu Toto, if anything goes wrong of course," Prudence motivated herself, clinging on to Toto's existence as her only reason. He didn't respond, his little body shifting inside her bag in order to find comfort.

'Still, keep this in mind: this is still all about fun. Feel free to make friends with trainers who even are not in the same team as you, or maybe you can be the fierce of rivals,' Lusamine's words echoed inside Prudence, giving her an extra boost of confidence. "Yeah... who cares, that doesn't make them immediate enemies or rivals, right? Only one way to tell."

Without hesitation she approached the closest future-champion-in-the-making, their strawberry blonde hair somewhat contrasting with Prudence's copper color. 'Right then. Let's go! To our own adventure!' Prudence had heard them the moment she began to approach them, making Prudence the more thrilled to begin a conversation with them.

"Hello!" she burst into the scene, leaping and landing beside the young acquaintance. "Hopefully in your own adventure you have time for, um, chatting?" Prudence continued, arms outstretched and mouth curled into a sheepish smile. "Haha, uh, sorry to say but... I kinda forgot your name. I remember you were one of the first ones to go up on stage, and maaaaybe that's why I forgot your name... but oh! Don't feel as if I only forgot yours', no!" she quickly showed distress, not wanting to get the wrong message across. As quickly as she showed this however, just as quickly did she return to her normal tone, "I also kind of forgot everybody's... eeeeexcept Makoa and Ryker. I mean, Makoa's entrance was very unique, but veeeery. And Ryker, well, he was the last one and the name I heard the most in Lusamine's speech and stuff." Prudence used her hands as she talked, hands moving everywhere in accordance to what she was speaking of.

At least, until her hands slapped against her face. Prudence let out a slow and painful "Ooooooow" as she recalled the existence of the Pokedex, which was still being held by her right hand. Despite this, she continued, her free hand caressing the bruise on her right cheek that will soon darken in color. "Ooo silly me, did I forget to say my name?" A blush began to form, yet this didn't make her stutter or pause. "I'm Prudence. Prudence Flowers! I mean, almost nobody called me Prudence at home... usually it was Prudy or Flowers, or anything else uh, yeah. Yeeeeep." She let out a snort, happily drowning in the new sensation that comes with meeting a new soul. "But enooouuugh about me, um, and sorry about... nevermind," she cut herself, not wanting to bother them with her insecurities. "I've said a lot already, hahaha, I don't mind listening to everything you have to say. So... yeah. What's your name? How was your day? Did you like it here? I don't bite."

Toto slithered out of the bag and on to her shoulder, its beady eyes still closed. His limbs were outstretched, tail drooping down as he continues his sleep, but in a more comfortable spot.

Prudence Flowers
Hau'oli City
96px-258Mudkip.png

Evily

Always follow your Dreams ~
Years

Name: Haruhi Greenwood
Birthmark symbol: Aquarius

Haru's hand shook as Orpheus introduced himself. "Yeah, that's me. My friends call me Orph. Or anyone who just doesn't want to use my full name, I guess." He ruffled Zoey's fur with a smile. "Don't worry about your little fox-dog, she didn't hurt anything. She probably just wanted to see what's in the bag."

"What was in the bag?" asked Haru, confused. 'So there is something in the bag....but what...'

Orph took off his bag, took a peek inside, then showed Haru and Zoey the contents. "This is Rags. She's a little Shy."

"P-Pika!" A Pikachu look-alike popped out, waving a stick at them as a greeting.

"Woah! It's sooo adorable!" gushed Haru as she picked up Rags from the bag and gently held her. "I didn't know they had these kind of Pokemon here!"

"Yip!" Zoey snickered as she jumped and transformed into the said Pokemon herself, landing on Haru's Head. "Yip!"

"Zoey tends to transforms into others as a form of greeting and making friends. Hope you don't mind two of them." Haru smiled as she grabbed Zoey from her head and into her arms alongside Rags. 'He seems pretty nice. I can start here!'

"What kind of Pokemon is it?" Haru asked, loving the mysterious Pokemon already. "Wait, is it alright if we travel together? The more the merrier!"

Before Haru could hear a response, a new voice entered the bubble. "Got a shy one it seems," She turned to the owner and saw another fellow member, Jordan. "My Skorupi is the same way, though you'd never guess it from how bold his father was. Varanus here seems unaffected by people either way."

"Really? That's nice! I'm Haru and this is Orph. We were just getting acquainted. Jordan, right? We could all travel together if you guys want!" Haru exclaimed, liking the idea of traveling with friends, not having to be alone for long. She re-adjusted her hold on the Pokemon and looked down at them. 'I know I got Zoey, but...human friends are rare.....I have to take this chance!' She glanced up and saw other members talking, getting acquainted. Makao talking it up with one, Prudence meeting up with a girl with strawberry-blonde hair, so many meetings.

Last edited:
Years
x9poXIS.png

Ruby Marin

"I can't believe I let Rory talk me into this…" Ruby shuddered and hugged herself as she stood in the crowd. It felt like it was weeks ago when Lorelai had stormed into her room, forced her to wear clothes that were far different and shorter than the elegant gowns her mother would have her wear (but just as pastel and frilly), and practically kicked her out, but it couldn't have been more than a few days. She had lost track of time in her panic.

She whimpered and started to take a step back, planning to go back home and tell her sister that she just couldn't do this. Lorelai was more suited for these kinds of things. Ruby was small and weak and pale, while Lorelai was tall and smart and beautiful. It didn't make any sense for her to go on an adventure.

"Ow!" Ruby's hands flew up to the back of her head when she felt a tug on her hair. She had forgotten all about her sister's Minccino, who was perched on her shoulder. Of course Tiny wouldn't let her back away now. It was why Lorelai had made her come along in the first place.

"I can't do this, Tiny. Rory should be doing this, not me. She's better at like, everything!" She squealed as the smaller-than-average Minccino tugged on her pigtails again and pointed at the stage, where people were introducing themselves. She unconsciously took another step back, trembling. Introduce herself…? In front of a crowd of strangers? There was no way she could do that.

"Lorelai has to be crazy… I… I can't…" Ruby shook her head and gently took the Minccino from her shoulders, holding her tightly. It wasn't too late to turn back. Lorelai would be angry, as would her mother, but they had to have expected this. She hoped that they wouldn't be too angry.

"There you are, Rubes!" Ruby shrieked when a heavy hand was planted on her shoulder and looked up anxiously, surprised to see her brother. She hadn't seen or heard from him in months. He looked several years older, though it was mostly because he looked like he hadn't shaved the whole time he was gone, and his skin was far more tanned than it had been.

"G-Grant! When did you-?"

"I just got back today. I stopped by the house and Mom was throwing a huge fit, saying something about you leaving on some huge adventure, so of course I had to come see you before you left. Oh, and Rory told me to give you a message. She said if you even think about backing out, she'll never forgive you and will do everything in her power to make your life a living hell."

"Eep! B-But I can't do this… Can't I just write in sick or something?"

"Of course not! You're a Marin, and Marins never give up! Besides, it'll be good for you to get out and make some friends! All you need is a little boost!"

Ruby let out a muffled squeak as Grant tossed her over his shoulder and carried her towards the stage, ignoring her protests. Her face grew bright red as she saw everyone staring at her, and she squeezed her eyes shut so that she wouldn't have to look at them. She would have covered her ears to block out the whispers if she hadn't been holding Tiny, and then she realized--

"Grant, I'm wearing a skirt," she squeaked out, her face growing an even brighter shade of red. She opened her eyes when she felt that Grant had stopped walking and saw that he was standing in the middle of the stage. He set her down gently and wrapped an arm around her shoulder, grinning lazily.

"Ruby Marin reporting for duty, ma'am!" Grant pushed Ruby closer to Lusamine and ruffled her hair. "See, it wasn't that hard to introduce yourself! Although next time you'll have to do it by yourself."

"Grant--"

"I guess this is where we say bye for now, squirt. Hey Tiny, take care of her for me."

Ruby watched as her brother confidently walked off the stage, slightly envying him for that confidence. Her face quickly grew red again when she realized that she was still standing in front of a crowd of people who had seen her brother drag her onstage.

This couldn't be anymore embarrassing… she thought as she covered her face.

Last edited:
Years

Orpheus Ejemo

"Woah! It's sooo adorable!" Haruhi exclaimed, picking up Rags and gently holding her. "I didn't know they had these kind of Pokemon here!" Orpheus gently ran his hand along Rags' "head" as Haru took her out of the bag, letting her know she'd be fine. Zoey the Zorua yipped as she jumped and transformed into a Mimikyu, landing on Haru's head.

"That's a neat trick." Orph complimented the little fox-dog, but he secretly thought that an ability like that could get confusing.

"Zoey tends to transforms into others as a form of greeting and making friends. Hope you don't mind two of them." Haru smiled, taking Zoey off her head and holding her next to Rags. "What kind of Pokemon is it? Wait, is it alright if we travel together? The more the merrier!"

Orph looked at the pair of Mimikyu in Haru's arms. Rags was shaking slightly, while Zoey seemed perfectly content with her new form. Before he could answer, someone else stepped up to talk. "Got a shy one it seems." Orph looked over at the newcomer, but her name escaped him. She kept talking, a Charmander at her heels. "My Skorupi is the same way, though you'd never guess it from how bold his father was. Varanus here seems unaffected by people either way."

Orph looked at her Charmander, who seemed rather casual. Drake puffed out his breath, turning away from the other lizard. Distracted by his Treecko's standoffish attitude, he let Haru reply to the new girl.

"Really? That's nice! I'm Haru and this is Orph. We were just getting acquainted. Jordan, right? We could all travel together if you guys want!" She seemed super excited by the prospect, and Orph couldn't think of any real reason they couldn't.

"I think that could work." He gently took Rags away from Haru, putting her back in his bag. She climbed back out a little, holding onto Orph's arm with her claws and peering over his shoulder. "This is Rags, and she gets nervous around new people. She's a Mimikyu, and she usually hides if I'm not around. Maybe she's just scared of cute girls?" He patted her "head", giving her a smile. "Don't worry, I'll protect you from these two."

ghostly

cross my heart. ♫
Years
  • Age 108
  • Seen Jan 8, 2017
Robin Layton
latest
latest
Location: Hau'oli City / Status: ~~~ / Event: First interaction, first friend? A meeting of two forces!

It would have been nice to talk to someone, even from the other team but Nelius was more focused going to their first route and Robin had to talk to Lisette before they could get a move on.

All of a sudden, someone teleported to his side with a burst of an opening greet—"Hello!" A girl, taller than him, lands next to him. The colour of her eyes is the first thing that caught his attention. Emerald-coloured eyes that shine like jewels. "Hopefully in your own adventure you have time for, um, chatting?" He didn't mind, in fact, he welcomed it but she had only begun talking. Nelius didn't seem to be dismayed by the interruption.

She, as one describes, a boisterous girl. It showed in the way her expressions were that of a shuffling cards; quick to change one form to the next with a swipe. She didn't let up, going on and on with a small pause in between. It was a bit daunting – or otherwise overwhelming – to someone who were not used to such energetic person.

Robin couldn't get any words edgewise, not even a single. He was left staring at a lost caught in a flurry storm in the form of a girl who is so expressive. Was she nervous, perhaps? She's quite the chatterbox. Nelius stared at the flittering trainer with a (kind of?) blank look. "Quil." The mouse Pokemon quietly said, going unnoticed.

That look turned to less of surprise and more of bewildered when she slapped herself, "Cynda?!" Robin felt for him, really, right in the same wavelength with his starter. The action had made her stop with her hand gestures. Is her face okay? Despite that, she didn't stop there and continued to talk. He struggled not to smile in case of offending her accidentally, her cheek looked like it hurt and if he smiled it would look like he was smiling at her pain.

He couldn't help it though. His lips twitched, the corners curling up the moment she stopped and gazed at him for his reply. "You're adorable." he spouted, the sentence leaving his lips without a thought. She was, with the way she has been so open, so vivid, with everything. Her hand gestures included too.

Robin waved a hand, half flustered for saying that straightforwardly. "Ah, I'm sorry! But it's just, you were so cute!" he laughed. "There's no need to apologize, I never really minded," Robin said with kind eyes, though he was floundered what to do at first; he figured their interaction would flow naturally after she calmed down, "It's not bad that you forgot my name, really! There are so many contestants and I'm sure it's because you were occupied in being excited to meet your starter."

The explanation made sense too; Ryker for coming up at the last second and Makoa with his sunny, fiery disposition.

"It's nice to meet you, Prudence," he said warmly, his smile friendly as he introduced himself next, "I'm Robin Layton, though we're in different teams, I hope we can be great friends!" It wouldn't hurt; this was a friendly competition after all. It'd be too sad if this was made to be an elimination event.

"I don't mind listening to everything you have to say either," he giggled. "It's nice listening you talk—you even approached me in the first place, thank you for that." Nelius had relaxed from the bonding session between the humans.

"My day's going great!" he answered cheerfully. "I've met my starter and he accepted me, now I'm chatting up with a new friend! I like this place too; I've been here several times with my mom before. What about you?" he queried back then remembered he hadn't introduced his Cyndaquil after a Mudkip appeared out of her bag. It appeared to be sleeping, cute.

"This is Nelius, by the way." he gestured to the Pokemon in his arms. Robin blinked in surprise when he looked down to see his starter slightly frowning, face looking disconcerted. His Cyndaquil was looking at the other Pokemon. "Ah, I guess they're not going to be friends easily…?" Robin said, or more like questioned, unsurely.

It must be because Mudkip is a Water-type while Nelius a Fire-type. In the battle of Water vs Fire, the former won with its use of dousing burning flames. That was the only reason he could come up with, ruling out the possibility that Nelius may not be too keen on meeting others. Having this reaction, Robin wondered how the Cyndaquil's response be in meeting with Lisette, a Pokemon that is part-poison and part-water.

Guess he'd find out later… hopefully, they'd get along.

forg

ba-dum tssss. [icon]coffee-pot[/icon]
Years

Wherein She Might Be Actually Succeeding In Bonding, Wow

This was working and Toto couldn't comprehend this. And this girl was... very nice. This relieved Prudence, glad to come across a kind, and adorable, soul.

Prudence's hopes were rising, seeing as how her attempt wasn't all in vain. Instead, she might just form a friendship here and then... or, what she would consider one. This doesn't mean the other party thinks the same, of course. "He's sooooo cute! They're all soooo cute! I'm just so happy we all got a little friend to help us along with our journey," she commented, bending down to the mouse's level. "Don't worry little fella', you and Toto will be good friends... just that he can be very, er, sleepy? Yeah, not the first word I'd use, but yes! Then again, maybe he never got any rest and just now he's resting and I'm completely misunderstanding him. Ah... hahaha, sorry, I'll stop my random rambling," she mumbled, feeling skittish upon standing upright once more. "I can't blame Nelius," Prudence began, no longer speaking to Robin's companion, "there are other, possibly better, options out there. More talkative, fun, and definitely not as intimidating or lazy as my little rascal heeeeeere," she ends the sentence with her left hand pointing at the blue sleepyhead.

Prudence 's free hand began clearing her face from stray hairs as she took in the words and joy of this moment. But her Mudkip, curious as to how much his trainer could tolerate him, began to poke at the then-forming bruise on her cheek with his two front limbs. His black, beady eyes opened to a slit, concentrating on the best, most painful maneuver he could muster.

"Toto, come on, let me enjoy this-stop-stahp-wait-okay," Prudence attempted, slightly enjoying the pressure she's receiving on her cheek. Was that weird? No, that wasn't weird, some people like to poke at bruises despite the pain, right? Right?

"Hahaha um... I'm still working on our bonding, ow, it will take sooome time," Prudence explained, taking the opportunity to sneak in her orange device into the string bag. "I mean, it doesn't hurt too much, if anything, I kinda like it-wait, no that sounded weird, I don't like pain or anything I swear!"

Flustered, she pressed her hands together and immediately switched the topic, returning to their initial conversation. "Thank yooouuu, I normally don't consider myself cute or adorable, in a sense, but! I could say the same about you! Look in the mirror some time, you'll find a cuter fellow looking back, hmmm?" With no signs of success, Toto paused his shenanigans to look at the Cyndaquil. "Don't worry, I'll definitely remember your name now. Robin Layton... I like it, rolls off the tongue nicely, right? While I don't know why, it sounds like a name a detective would carry? First thing that came to mind when I heard it, hahaha, and um... if you don't like detectives that's cool too, not saying you're one or sound like one just uh... yep. And aaaah nah, we'll be good friends! I won't let some team rivalry ruin thaaaat now."

The blue quadruped kept his eyes locked at the Cyndaquil, ignoring the ongoing conversation occurring right in front of him. Seeing as how he couldn't pester his trainer without somehow making her happy, which the Mudkip found odd in a sense, he might as well switch victims.

But he didn't know how to go about it.

"Oh, and also, you'd be surprised how many do mind an energetic person like me going on and on and on about things... and I'm not too ashamed to say that I just like talking and, well, talking. Yeah. That's why I'm hoping he doesn't get too annoyed by me." Prudence slips her hands around Toto, who groaned at contact. He was just about to begin annoying the fire mouse. "This guy, I mean... if that wasn't obvious. But, anyway," she continues, gently setting down Toto on her shoulder. He slothfully slid down her shoulder and into her slightly-opened bag. A small kip escaped him when he realized the device had taken over his comfortable space.

"I think I may have interrupted," she begins to apologize, feeling selfish for having stepped in when it looked like they were about to be busy earlier. "I do apologize... but uh, it was just as amazing meeting you too, Robin!" While Prudence was ecstatic and filled with warmth at the beginning of a new friendship, Toto was focused on the start of a long, possibly re-energizing, nap.

This was her first try at beginning a random chat with a stranger. No, not a stranger, Robin Layton. It was nice, to know the name of a person who has the potential to be a good friend. If anything, she's already playing a small, comedic film in her mind starring Robin and herself.

She's hoping she wasn't the only trainer she'll meet. Then again, Prudence didn't mind having Robin as her only comrade, either.

Prudence Flowers
Hau'oli City
mudkip.gif

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 15, 2018
The warm Alolan sun was just now reaching it's peak of the day, Toby sat in the now almost-burning sand watching over his Vulpix, who was playing in the waters of Hau'oli City's beachfront. They've been staying in Hau'oli City for two days now, waiting for that Festival hosted by the one and only Lusamine. Well, technically the whole Aether Foundation was in on it - but Toby knew that the whole thing had to be Lusamine's idea. He admired, or maybe even adored, Lusamine and her foundation's ideas - saving hurt pokemon - as he wanted to do the very same when he grew up.

Toby's attention was grabbed by a girl and her... Jangmo-o, was it? He couldn't quite remember if that was the right name, as he's never really paid attention to that evolutionary line. He wasn't a fan of dragon types, as his father was a fan himself. While Toby was a good distance away, he could tell that the trainer was trying to train the dragon. The poor little guy almost seemed scared which concerned Toby. "Was this girl abusive? Is she like him?" He judged to himself. He shook his head. "No, I'm just over thinking things." He watched as the Jangmo-o eventually took the charge towards its target; a sandcastle. The poor Pokemon must've had a change of mind, as eventually it had completely missed it. Toby giggled. "What a goof," he thought. But its trainer must've thought otherwise, because once she hung up her phone, she kicked - or at least, that's what it looked like - the Pokemon away after trying to show affection by cuddling up to her leg. Toby had to hold himself back from jumping up and confronting her.

"Maybe she really is..." Toby said, frowning.

With the departure of the trainer and her Pokemon, Toby realized it was time for him to leave as well for the festival. "Vulpix! It's time to go!" He called out, looking out towards the waters. Nothing. No sound from her, and she wasn't in sight. He called out again. "Vulpix! C'mon now!" Nothing but the noise of waves crashing against the beach and other people and Pokemon playing in the water. Freaked out, Toby ran to the shoreline, hoping to see if Vulpix was just farther out than he could see when at the back of the beach. No such luck, however. Toby began to shut down. His mind was impossibly clouded with a million situations at once. His legs gave in under him, causing him to fall to his knees. His eyes swelled up with tears. He was about to try to find a lifeguard before he saw suspicious amount of bubbles rising not to far away to the right of him. Filled with newfound hope, he dove straight into the water without even taking any layers off. He had no time to waste, and swam straight to the source of the bubbles.

Toby's fists clenched in pure rage, at himself. Not only was the bubbles only just a couple of Finneon, he also frantically searched around the sea floor for any sign of his beloved pokemon. No sign anywhere of her. Tears began to stream down his face as he swam towards the surface in defeat.When he reached the air once again, he half managed to cry out "Vulpix!" again before his voice croaked.

"Pix?" A familiar voice cried out. This garnered the attention of Toby, turning as swiftly as he could. His eyes widen and a smile so big it couldn't be rivaled appeared on his face. There stood his Vulpix, munching on some PokeBeans besides a lifeguard.

"Vulpix!" He screeched out, desperately paddling his arms to get to the shore. "I thought I lost you!"

Once he reached land, the lifeguard explained to Toby - who wrapped his soaked body around Vulpix to her dismay - what exactly happened. "Ya see, I've been getting complaints about how the water was too cold to swim in around your Vulpix, so I asked her to come with me and I'd feed her some of these tasty PokeBeans I've got here. I was about to call out for ya on my megaphone, but I seen and hear your commotion from where I was. Sorry 'bout that."

"Oh don't you worry, it's fine, really, I was just so worried, you know? I took my eyes off for just a couple minutes and then she's gone and not in sight and I just didn't know what to do..." Toby replied, trailing off. The lifeguard handed him a towel, which Toby wrapped around himself while letting his grip around her go. After thanking the guard, he looked down at Vulpix and noticed she had something in her mouth she wanted him to see.

"What's this?" He asked, bending over to take it. It was dripping wet, so it was obviously his. It was some sort of paper or letter destroyed beyond recognition. Puzzled, Toby began to wonder why he had a piece of paper on him before it hit him.

"The Festival! I forgot completely because I was so worried about you!" Toby exclaimed, facepalming himself. "We've got to go!" He finished, scooping up Vulpix in his arms and running as fast as his un-athletic legs and his soggy clothes would allow. After a few minutes the stage that upon it was a group of trainers, some Aether workers, and the woman herself: Lusamine.

"Uh oh, looks like we're really late... I hope they'll still let us in." Toby said, looking down at Vulpix. The poor Pokemon looked like she was going to get sick. "We're almost there, just a little bit more to go!" Once they cleared the last stretch of road and arrived at the crowd, Toby turned sideways to make it easier to slide around and to protect Vulpix as well. He received a lot of weird looks or backhand remarks about his still moist clothing dripping onto them, but he paid no mind to them. He was focused on getting out of this cluster of people, he really hated being this close to another person. Once he found his way to the front of the crowd, he was hit with a wave of relief. It wasn't quite over, however. Toby made his way to the stairs, turning his head away from the inevitable stares he was certainly getting. Now on the stage, the gravity of all the stares was starting to get to him. He let down Vulpix, who shook her body to dry herself off. He gulped. He was now staring at the one and only Lusamine, who was currently talking to some boy named Ryker and said something about needing to talk to him. Toby took a deep breath.

"Ummm, ex-excuse me, sorry I'm lay-late. Is it too late for me?"

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Melemele Island, Hau'oli City

"Hm?" Lusamine pondered upon the two new trainer's arrival. There was a spry yet kind of shy young girl who introduced herself followed up with a somewhat nervous young lad "Ah yes, you two are also members! Don't worry, you both aren't late at all. In fact... let me have a good look at you two."

She peered into the boy and the girl's eyes. "Young miss... Ruby, was it? I can tell you must have a good heart and an open mind. What say you to a Chikorita? It's a Tiny Leaf pokemon who loves to sunbathe. In fact, she's right over there, feeling lonely... give her a hug, yeah? And you..." Lusamine turned back to the young boy. "Please don't be nervous around me, young man. I'm an adult, after all. In any case, Your eyes remind me of the kind Litten sitting right over there, on the table nearby. It's all yours! Just be careful of it's tail!"

Lusamine then smiled at the both of them. "As for the teams, Ruby why don't you be in Team Moon, and young man, you can be in Team Sun with me! We'll be great together. You two can grab your pokedexes over there on the table too - Ruby can take a blue one, and you can take a orange one. Lusamine then headed to the center of the stage, and clapped her hands signalling for attention. "The time has come to depart, yes? Take a look at your Pokedexes! There's a town map, detailing each of the routes. Let's start with Route 2, yes?"

____________________________________________________________________________________

Route 2
2-1.png

Route two is a little bit north from Hau'oli City, so you can't miss it! In the route, you'll see connecting paths to nearby Berry Fields, and berry trees. Perhaps you might wanna stock up on some? Ah, and there's also Hau'oli Cemetery. Some told me that's where spirits and ghosts take up their playground... but that's just rumors. Maybe. Ah, and children, by diving into the Route's details, you'll be able to see what kinds of Pokémon are living there!

Pokemon available to capture (assume all have moves up to level 15)

052-a.png

Meowth are known for playing practical jokes, and being a total... cat towards strangers. Be careful around those, yes?

063.png

Abra are widely known to teleport. Capturing it might be a big challenge...

096.png

Drowzee are hideous.

019-a.png

Rattata, however are not! Aren't those whiskers adorable?

742.png

Aw, and Cutiefly. You'll probably find one feeding on the nectar and pollen of flowers.

058.png

Growlithe are always loyal to their masters. Perhaps one is right for you?

734.png

Yungoos have sharp fangs, and it will bite anything. And it will hurt, so don't start petting wild ones, now!

427.png

Buneary are usually shy, but keep your eyes peeled!

739.png

Crabrawler like to feast on berries, so maybe you'll find one in berry trees?

731.png

Mostly you might encounter Pikipek feasting on berries too. Last, but not least...

172.png

Pichu likes to play around in the grassy areas!

That's all the Dex has to report on Pokemon in that location, so have a party in there, yeah? You also might find some other trainers in there, so don't be shy on asking them for battle if you'd like to test your skill! There are also many, many adventures awaiting you there. So, like my old teacher used to tell me: make chances! Make mistakes! And geeeeet messy! Like said before, Professor Brunet and I will follow you all, as well as give you some messages on your pokedex in case anything comes up. Oh, and be sure to collect your new, empty Pokeballs from the staff around here too.

Well then? Good luck, children! Shine brightly... like the stars in the sky.

____________________________________________________________________________________​

Scene: Yup, it's Route time! At your own leisure, go out there and explore to your hearts' content. I might add some of the extra locations stemming off from this route later, so have a look out for those! I encourage you to follow your own path's and make your own stories and development, but if you want to, you can contact me so I can maybe make up a few suggestions, or mission you can maybe do!

You can ask in the OOC thread, or on Discord for that, or if you have any other question you may have.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
zJX1OUS.gif
Will Xander
Hau'oli City, The Festival
Chapter 1-3 | A Bald Meeting

Current Party:
rockruff.gif
popplio.gif
Pokeball.png
Pokeball.png
Pokeball.png
Pokeball.png

Will could not have considered himself to be more lucky. His team had been picked, and not only was it being led by the gorgeous, tan, and curvaceous Professor Burnet, but almost all of his teammates were females... who also just happened to be easy on the eyes as well. Will took his new Popplio into his arms, preparing himself to go and introduce himself to his new friends properly, when a sudden voice cried out and grabbed the teenager's attention.

"Alola! Makoa thinks you look rather handsome, and that alone makes you worthy to be a friend! So why not take this time to bond?" the rather energetic, overly friendly, and quite bald man greeted.

Much before Will had a proper chance to respond, the stranger quickly closed the distance between the two, going as far as to practically latch himself onto the teenager. Will felt every fiber of his being flinch in response, the boy desperate to try and get away from this weirdo as quickly as possible. Through some sort of magic, or at the very least, what Will assumed to be so, he managed to pry himself away from the man and was quick to put distance between them once more.

"Uh... Hi," he greeted flatly, an extremely half-hearted smile gracing his lips as he spoke. "It's nice to meet you, uh... um... Yeah, nice."

Inside, Will cursed his luck. He had been put on a team of heavenly hotties, and yet the only team member to approach him was this guy? Hell, looking at the man's gleaming dome was enough to cause the boy to wince and suddenly find a need for his sunglasses. Not to mention the fact that the man was quite... sticky. Will knew that the Alola sun could be quite hot, but he was honestly hoping that he had not just been hugged by someone positively dripping with sweat.

ghostly

cross my heart. ♫
Years
  • Age 108
  • Seen Jan 8, 2017
Robin Layton
latest
latest
Location: Hau'oli City / Status: Happy~ / Event: Ending with a new friend, time to say goodbye and onto the next!

Nelius had begun starting to wonder if she was a cuckoo head, or turning into one. But that was a rude thought, was it? His trainer is a boy despite looking a girl so maybe that's just how humans are. They were either sane or crazy or in between.

When she bent down to his level, he wonders if he'd be able to scoot back because she was close and he did not like it. Not when she brought the Mudkip down with her. Robin had the right idea that he was not too keen on Water-type. Nelius remembers when he had hatched from his egg that he was shot with water by a water Pokemon. He felt the chill and vowed that he would never willingly go near Water-type.

(Actually, the real story is that he was sleeping and he was woken up with water on the head accidentally. And it was just on top of his head that got soaked. It was partly exaggerated and part dramatic. But eh, back then, he was a recently hatched baby Pokemon.)

He decided to lay upon the bumbling trainer a stare that says he is not impressed, or convinced. He's a bit glad he ended up with Robin, if he wanted some peace and quiet. She wasn't bad, in his opinion. No sirry. It was just… she talked a lot.

"Yes, they are cute," Robin agreed while the Cyndaquil is now wondering if he could take a small walk to free himself up from the two, at least. He was not in the social mood, thanks. "I think they just needed a time to bond. Maybe in the future!" he said, optimistic. "It looks like Nelius isn't one to make friends this quick either, they have that in common it seems." unlike their trainers, talking to each other right at this very moment.

"Quil." His starter mumbled, sounding disagreeable with his words. It's going to make an effort too, not just time, for the possibilities of them being friends in the future.

Robin watched the pair with slight amused look. "We did get our partners minutes ago," he pointed out the fact kindly, "It'll work out. We got accepted." And isn't that neat? Nelius accepted him after staring at him for a minute. He did felt like he was being analysed by the fire-type, there must have been something he had seen in Robin. But what? "And I got it, you must be really happy." The feminine boy giggled, it was a bit funny to watch.

Prudence is a sweet girl, nice to talk to and so friendly! He's glad that his first friend in this journey is her. "I'm looking at the mirror now," he shot back. "A cute fellow is looking back right now~." Robin laughed, enjoying the small banter. Nelius looked back at the Mudkip. "I get that a lot, and I do like detectives," Robin revealed. "Funny thing is that my grandfather, my father's father, is a detective!" And he's living in Kalos, still kicking alive. "I'm happy to hear that! I'm not good with having rivals." he said sheepishly.

The fire mouse did not look away from the Mudkip's stare. Nelius seemed to sense the Water-type's intentions for he looked wary now, stilling himself and gazing back heavily. How he managed to convey that with his eyes forever closed was a question not to have an answer. (Or so.)

Even before she finished her first sentence, Robin was shaking his head negatively. "I'm not annoyed, in fact, I'm delighted!" he smiled at her in emphasize. "It means that I get to know you more and we get to friends, even getting closer in such a short amount of time. You're wonderful to talk to." And he's enjoying the conversation, another plus. Prudence is really nice, if bit overwhelming. She has good intentions. The fire-type relaxed now that their staring contest is over.

Winner by default. At the sound of the Mudkip's voice, Nelius felt slightly smug. (Instead of the trainers being rivals, it looks like their Pokemon took their supposed position.)

"It's not really an interruption! If it is, it's a nice interruption!" he reassured, really not minding it. He got to enjoy a sweet chat and a new friend! It's a good thing in his books. "It's nice meeting you too, Prudence," he replied back, "You really needn't to keep apologizing. I was just excited to go to the first route." Robin stepped back, hearing Lusamine clapped her hands and called for their attention. "I had fun. Thank you, Prue! Let's chat again the next time we meet!" he gave a wave before he walked away.

It wasn't until after a few more steps did he realized he suddenly gave her a nickname, without permission. 'Ah! I hope she didn't mind?' He'll just have to ask in their next meeting. For now, onto Route 2!

Years
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 5, 2024

Riley Middleton
tTJwR72.jpg

"You dont grow if you just go with the flow."

18 // Aries // Female
bulbasaur.gif
jangmoo.gif
Bag_Pok%C3%A9_Ball_Sprite.png

The Butterfree Effect

Riley stood face to face with the pokemon that emerged from the ball. A Bulbasaur. She recognised it from the pictures her mother had shown her of her father's journey in Kanto. The pokemon stared back at her intently, his expression unchanging. She herself continued to stare back.

"Riley hun, you were great! In true Middleton fashion, my baby showed 'em who's boss!" Her mother's cheers snapped her out of the pointless staring match she was having with her new partner. The proud Middleton family came to the stage, with Riley's mother of course the loudest of all of them. "You're father's gonna be devastated that he missed this." She continued, a tear coming to her eye.

"Is he though?" Riley muttered under her breath.

"Riley, of course he will!" Her mother snapped back. Before she could begin to scold her daughter, Damon Middleton, Riley's older brother stepped in front of his mother. As she crouched, to hear what her brother had to say, Riley glanced down beside her to see that her defiant Bulbasaur was now staring attentively up at Damon.

"C'mon Riles, I can tell you first-hand how hard it is to make plans like that when you're on a journey. I'm sure Dad tried his best to make here for today." He placed his hand on his sister's shoulder, before moving it to scratch the head of her new Bulbasaur.

"Yet you were able to make it." Riley scoffed. Of course she was happy Damon had made it, and both of them knew that, but that only made her bitterer at the fact her father was still nowhere to be seen.

"Just enjoy yourself Riles." Damon laughed. "Don't let it get you. Trust me, you'll understand when you've got mum scolding you over the phone for not staying touch." He grabbed his sister's hat and ruffled her hair, much to Riley's disgust. She quickly grabbed her hat back, holding it away from her now laughing brother.

Emerging from behind her mother's leg, was Riley's younger sister Skye. Much like her mother, she had tears in her eyes, but hers were pouring down her face. The young girl stared up at her older sister. "R...Ril…Riley…" She tried to begin between sobs, mascara running down her face. Riley glanced down at her, and her despite the fact her sister was drenched in tears, she couldn't help but smirk.

"Are you wearing mum's mascara?" Riley chuckled. She helped Skye up, allowing the nine year old to climb up onto the stage with her. The younger sister instantly dove into her sister, throwing her arms around her.

"No…" She responded. "It's yours." She finished, before Riley could call her out for lying. Riley's smirk, drowned into a disappointed sigh, before a wave of nostalgia splashed across her face. It was different, but she could've sworn she'd seen this day before. She glanced at Damon, who now had a smug grin on his face. As if he'd realised before her. She sighed. "Please don't go." Skye sobbed into Riley's shirt.

With a sigh, the older sister hugged back. "I'll be back before you know it sis. I'll crawl away like a Caterpie and fly away like a Butterfree." Skye glanced up at her with furrowed brows. Riley could only respond with a shrug. It was a phrase she'd heard twice before, albeit significantly younger the first time. She had no idea how it was supposed to be comforting, but somehow it worked. The younger girl gave her sister one last hug, before stroking the Bulbasaur and climbing off of the stage. "Oh Skye, one more thing. You're gonna be in so much trouble when you get him." She laughed as her family began to walk away. Skye, with a face full of terror, looked up at her mother who gave her a reaffirming nod.

"I assume you coming over here means you've accepted me as your trainer." Riley said softly to the Bulbasaur as the duo watched her family disappear into the city. She nodded as the pokemon responded with an apathetic shrug. "I won't lie, I was kinda hoping for a girl but since you are a boy, what do you think of the name Nate? Like Nature."

With her family gone, Riley turned her attention to Lusamine and the other trainers. She had been placed on Team Moon, headed by the dream researching professor Burnet. Not the worst choice she supposed. What she was more concerned about however was her team. From what she knew about them so far, which was admittedly very little, she had already constructed her own dream team. Makoa had made the cut thanks to what seemed like an undying desire for success. She wasn't particularly fond of him herself, but she couldn't deny that he seemed like a winner. The man even looked like a trophy. Though she'd be more inclined to associate him with 3rd place rather than 1st. The second person she'd chosen for her 'dream team' on first impressions was Will. Another person who had actually wound up on team moon with her. She had little to go off of with him, but she knew she could find out more from her friends. He seemed to be a popular figure in town, so that was a plus. The first of her teammates that didn't make the dream team was Robin. Pokemon battling isn't a battle of physical strength, and Riley knew that, but still…Robin was hardly imposing at all. She was a mannequin. Riley wasn't impressed. Then there was Chira. As far as physical fitness went, Chira had the majority of the same problems as Robin. Yet, they contrasted aswell. Chira was well…fat, to put it bluntly. The girl wasn't huge, but Riley had little confidence she could really handle herself traversing an entire region.

Team Sun had a few that Riley felt the need to keep an eye on aswell. Jordan was someone she'd already looked at as a threat. This girl just carried an air of mystery about her. Ryker being called up personally by Lusamine automatically made him a threat. Not to mention the fact he had an experienced demeanour unlike anyone else on the stage. Prudence, Haruhi and Orpheus had already set her expectations low, but no doubt one of them was going to be a dark horse. She sighed. She was wracking her brain far too much over this. Not to mention there were two extra trainers who showed up, neither seemed to immediately change her perception of the group. One was dressed rather strangely and the other was barely bigger than her little sister. She shrugged them off without as much as a second thought.

With the rest of her team Moon comrades occupied Riley decided it best to leave that for a later date. For now, route two was the destination. "C'mon then, Nate. We've got a journey to start." With Nelson incapable of attacking anything and Nate completely apathetic, she had a lot of work to do in order to get her pokemon on board.

Reactions: Ech

ghostly

cross my heart. ♫
Years
  • Age 108
  • Seen Jan 8, 2017
Robin Layton
latest
latest
Location: Hau'oli City > Route 2 / Status: Relaxed / Event: Introducing Lisette! Route 2! Berries and Pichu!

Robin fiddled with the Pokedex, Nelius near his feet having to hop out of his hold. He already had his own empty Pokeballs his mother gave to him before coming to this very city for this event. He'd feel guilty if he took the Pokeballs the staffs are handing out to the trainers when he already has his own. So he focused on tinkering with the features of the Dex, liking its colour. Just as Lusamine said, there's a Town Map already installed on the Pokedex. There it is, the name icon: Route 2.

He's unsure if he wanted to capture Pokemon or focus on battling for experience, maybe just stroll around or do all three. "Do you want to battle, Nelius?" Robin asked his Cyndaquil for his opinion. Nelius looked up and gave a shrug. I don't know, it's up to you, he seems to say.

"I guess it all depends." the girly-looking boy mused. Hm, guess he'll play it on the flow. Deciding to put the laid out choices away, he then scanned his partner with the Dex. "Cyndaquil, the Fire Mouse Pokemon. Cyndaquil protects itself by flaring up the flames on its back. The flames are vigorous if the Pokémon is angry. If it is startled, the flames on its back burn more vigorously. Known moves are Leer, Tackle, Smokescreen, Ember, Quick Attack, and Dig. Its gender is male." The Dex says. In response, Nelius yawned.

He didn't need to scan for Lisette's data, Robin knew what moves she has in her arsenal, though it wouldn't hurt to look. But first, he had to talk to her about the cirmustances and for Nelius to meet his first companion. Given the Cyndaquil's reaction towards the Mudkip, he wonders if they may not end up getting along. She is part water-type.

He can't forestall this, they'd meet sooner or later except now is a great time to do it. Lest in the midst of battle where they wouldn't have time to concentrate properly. Hopefully they'd be friends, even if it's not right from the get-go and once the fire mouse gets past his reluctance on meeting and having water-types near him. Robin needed to tell Nelius first before he brings her out.

"Hey, Nelius," called Robin, crouching down to level a pat on the Cyndaquil's head. "I want you to meet someone." he informed, close to hesitating if he should really do this. He has to, though. Nelius must have heard the tone in his voice as he tilted his head, wondering. "My mom sneaked her pokeball in my bag so she got sent with me, and I want you two to meet each other," he said. Next comes the hard part. "Her name is Lisette, she's my friend and she's a water and poison pokemon, so please get along with her, okay?"

Nelius had his face furrowed, looking as though he was near second on denying his request. Robin bit his bottom lip, gazing back with an almost close to puppy dog eyes. His starter contemplated, his lips near to frowning. After a moment, he gave a slow nod. To this, his trainer let out a relieve sigh. The feminine boy knows that it wouldn't be enough, he agreed to meet, however, he never agreed to be friends but as Robin had said to Prudence: it'll take time and effort on both sides.

"Thank you, for going to try." he thanked, giving another pat on the mouse's head. Robin took out Lisette's pokeball from the bag pocket, pressing the button to enlarge it. He exhaled. This is it. "Come out, Lisette!" there is a red light coming from the pokeball then followed a flash.

The Pokedex was quick to scan. "Mareanie, the Brutal Star Pokemon. It's found crawling on beaches and seafloors. The coral that grows on Corsola's head is as good as a five-star banquet to this Pokemon. Known moves are Poison Sting, Peck, Bite, Toxic Spikes and Sludge Bomb. Its gender is female."

"Mare?" questioned Lisette, looking around in confusion. Where was she? Was this the event Robin's going to participate in? Wasn't she supposed to be at home? The Mareanie blinked, seeing that there was another Pokemon near her trainer. "Anie?" she looked at Robin with a question in her eyes.

"Sorry, Lise," Robin apologized, smiling wryly. "You know how mom is." Lisette had gotten the message. His mom had sneaked her in without him noticing. There's a reason why she wanted to stay home. That is, Robin is going on his first start as an official trainer, she was only for practice and for him to have a Pokemon companion of his own at home. That is why you were given a starter, right? To start on a clean state.

"I'm happy, though." this time, his smile is soft. "I know that you want to be at home but since you're already here… well," he looked at her, warmly. "Come with me on my journey?" Lisette stared, then she smiled and Robin can tell that she said yes.

"Quil." muttered Nelius, slightly hiding behind his still crouching trainer. That made them snap out of their world, Robin in remembering what his goal is and Lisette in curiosity and realizing that her trainer received his starter and is now with him.

"Ah yes!" he said. "Lisette, this is Nelius, my starter and your new companion!" he gestured to the Cyndaquil and with one hand, pushed the fire-type closer to the half water and half poison type. "Nelius, this is Lisette, she's been with me since long ago and now we're traveling together." with a hopeful twinkle in his light blue eyes, Robin introduced them to each other.

The two Pokemon eyed each other. Nelius was still reluctant and had this strong urge to go back to his hiding spot but he agreed to his trainer's request. Lisette studying the fire mouse, reading the expression on his face.

"Mare," said Lisette.

"Cynda," said Nelius.

They gave the other a nod, acknowledging the fact that they are now comrades, united under one human. Robin, though wanting more than that, beamed in relief. It isn't in a friendship level but at least they had camaraderie instead of going on the wrong track. They will be friends, little by little.

"Alright!" pumped up, he stood up. "Then let's go to Route 2!"

His Pokemon cried out in agreement.

Setting out of the city, Robin retrieved Lisette back to her Pokeball and checked his bag to make sure he's prepared before he goes to the designated route. Nelius wanted to stay out of his contraption, preferring the fresh air and open blue sky.

"All set," Robin said to himself, feeling giddy. "Let's go, Nelius." with that, he walked off along with his starter trotting beside him. The small part of him wonders if this what his dad felt when he started off, Robin had never been able to understand his father never stopped to take a long break at home before he set off again, leaving an miniscule trail behind.

His mother never did convince him to stay for even a little longer, she didn't chained him down and had always and never failed to give a farewell wave towards his father's back. They did care about each other, and maybe, loved a little but… sometimes, adults can be confusing.

"Cynda!" Nelius cried out, jolting him out of his thoughts.

"Hm?" Robin looked down at his stater. The Cyndaquil was pointing straight of the road. He looked back up, at where the fire mouse is pointing at. "Oh!" he lighted up, "Yup! We're in Route 2!"

He was in no way in a hurry, walking on the path contently and leisurely. A Buneary peeked out of the bushes, catching Robin's eye. He waved at the Pokemon, muffling a giggle as the normal-type shyly blushed and went back to hiding in the bush. The feminine boy continued on, going towards the Berry Fields. As he walked, he encountered wild Pokemon - rather, seeing them before they're off somewhere else.

He saw two rattatas scurrying around, a Growlith sniffing at its surroundings, Pikipek flying around and a Yungoos napping. The trainer had them scanned with the Dex, listening to the information it spouts. His companion looked around the field and trees with interest, seeing so many berries.

"Want some?" Robin asked the fire-type. Nelius looked surprised to be suddenly questioned before he nodded, albeit eagerly. Chuckling at his response, the feminine boy took a few berries and even started to stock up a little. Just in case. Lisette would want one too. Taking an oran berry, he gave it to the Cyndaquil. The fire mouse cried out his thanks, excitedly munching on it without a second to lose.

After finishing the berry, the pair moved on and went off with their leisurely walk. Resting in Robin's hand is another oran berry, rotating it as he hummed. Nelius followed, savoring his oran berry. Imagine their surprise to hear a Pokemon yelling. Synchronized, they looked at each other, wondering to themselves what that was about.

"Trouble?" Robin mumbled, worried. Should he go towards where the noise is located? There wasn't a chance to make a decision for Nelius was already off towards the location. "Wait, Nelius!" he called out, running right on his starter's heels.

They come across what looked to be an squabble. There, a Pichu and a Crabrawler face to face, both looking angry. In one of the Crabrawler's pincer is an berry much like what he was holding. An orran berry.

"Pichu chu pi!" the Pichu yelled, somewhat close to tearing up.

"Crabraw! Brawl!" yelled the Crabrawler back, looking accusing and pissed, waving the pincer with the berry.

"Pichu!!"

"What should we do?" panicked Robin, violence was not a way to go and he didn't like it. Should he interrupt? Nelius was now frowning, looking at the situation in worry. There seems to be a dispute between the two over who's berry belongs to it in the first place.

And like the second time, there was no time to mull over decisions. Because it definitely looked like the Crawbrawler was not alone. Another boxing Pokemon came out, crawling right beside the first one. The Pichu stepped back, the electric-type can tell that he was going to lose and get beaten up as a result.

Fighting two to one is unfair! The Crawbrawlers stepped forward, puffing up in an obvious way of intimidation and seemingly to say that it is outnumbered.

"Oh no…"

Oh no indeed.

Reactions: Ech

Ech

Years
  • Age 104
  • Seen Oct 30, 2018

Whereabouts
Temperament
Insight
Accolades
771.png
255.png

~ FIRE AND ICE.

Scratching his non-existent sideburns with his newly acquired encyclopedia, Makoa was left a bit perplexed by this grungy stud's mien. It lacked luster and enthusiasm, the very things that made any person almost as incredible as Makoa. Surely, this man was the same man that boasted an identical sense of confidence whilst he swooned the lovely spokeswoman earlier, or was that some dastardly hallucination conjured by this dreadful heat? Perhaps this chap was just simply awed by Makoa's flawless stature, or so he thought. Needless to say, Makoa strove for camaraderie and he would never allow a person's modesty or shyness to prevent the blooming of a handsome friendship; Makoa was no impalpable God, he was just a man that happened to be impeccable. Personal boundaries to him were synonymous with tall hurdles he felt inclined to jump over, least climb over it with all of his will. This bungler firmly stuck to his rash methods, much to the chagrin of ordinary folks.

The bald blusterer adjusted he shades and delivered a beaming smile for this dashing, dirty Don Juan. " Makoa likes your pants, " he shamelessly bared his pearly whites as he took that compliment out of the blue, " But Makoa thinks you should wear a lot less, for the sun that watches over all of us can be quite merciless at times! Wouldn't want you to burn up, now would we? "

Right after he concluded that piece with an inappropriate chuckle, Makoa took a moment to use his free hand, and in a mildly suggestive manner, wiped off the droplets clinging to his moist forehead which was being cooked by the feathered conflagration perched atop. Truthfully, he never understood how any mortal could wear so as much as loose shirts, let alone cotton briefs. To be clothed felt like surrendering one's independence and freedom in exchange for textile devils. After feeling somewhat sated from a painfully awkward exchange that didn't produce anything meaningful, Makoa turned his gaze upon his teammate's own partner -- that little timid seal that had this peculiar, adorable little nose. Makoa could feel his right hand surging with a terrible energy, an overwhelming desire invoking his id to bop that clownish nose without a second thought. Would it make a honking noise, he wondered? Would it? The temptation was unbearable and practically converted his violent streams of sweat into an unstoppable tidal wave. Fortunately, a sharp peck to the shaven noggin was enough to bring Makoa's senses back to normal and the urge subsided.

The Torchic was viciously glaring down at her bumbling owner, her eyes were gleaming with fury. Was her trainer eying some other creature, when he was fortunate to have someone as powerful as her for his travel?! With a flint known as envy, this Torchic sparked a beastly grimace and spited this little blue piece of Magikarp dung, this prissy little Popplio -- her first to be of many rivals.

" That's a real cool cutie, you got there, " he complimented with sincerity, " You know, Makoa thinks we could have a lot of fun if you had your little partner there spray water all over Makoa's body. You know, if you ever feel like helping out a fellow man dying of heat here-- "

Makoa's not-so-subtle begs were viciously interrupted by the sound of a beak pounding into his skull. Even with the tremors scrambling his brain, Makoa realized that his own Pokemon was assaulting him. He couldn't even relay any coherent sentences, baring the most banal expressions of pain conveyed by man. Winching and flinching from very sharp aches, Makoa was flabbergasted as to why his chosen partner was acting like this brigand. It came to his attention that perhaps he may have been lost in a moment of excitement; the festival had already started and some of the other trainers had already departed for their own journey. Seeing as how this avian had a fiery disposition, both literally and figuratively, perhaps this restless Torchic simply wanted her trainer to a get a move on? Or so, that's the only logical explanation for such unacceptable behavior.

" A-ah, Makoa's feathery friend seems to be getting feisty, " he haplessly joked as he tried to ignore the excruciating sensation, " Perhaps now, this is the opportune moment for us to embark on our grand adventure! Makoa hopes to see your face and your popping buddy more often, PHIL! " Despite the terrifying injuries that had been inflicted onto his head, Makoa's zeal didn't seem like it was faltering anytime soon. With a vigorous burst within his legs, the beaming dome of chrome sprinted off like a lightning bolt and headed straight for the next destination. All the while, his little Torchic kept leaving both the Popplio as well as its trainer with a piercing leer.

Years
x9poXIS.png

Ruby Marin

Maybe I shouldn't have let Grant leave after all… Ruby hugged Tiny tighter and frowned slightly. After the panic had subsided a bit (but not completely), she found herself unable to take her eyes off of Lusamine, who was even more beautiful than Lorelai and her mother put together.

"Chiko...rita?" Ruby had only seen Chikoritas in books, when one of her tutors spent several weeks teaching her about Pokemon from other regions. It was a Grass-type, which meant that it was due to be more docile than other Pokemon. At the very least, she hoped it would be nicer than Tiny, who clearly took after her previous trainer.

"...She's so cute!" Ruby squealed as her gaze fell on the Chikorita, her eyes lighting up. "She's even cuter in person!"

She walked over to the Grass-type and knelt in front of it, smiling gently. She had always found it easier to talk to Pokemon than people since she had spent most of her life being babysat by her brother's Pokemon. And they couldn't talk back, which made conversations far more easier and less stressful.

"My name is Ruby, and this is Tiny. She looks mean, but she's nice when you get to know her. I think she's been around my sister too long." She flinched as Tiny scratched her arm. She pet the Chikorita with her free hand and giggled as it snuggled up to her, its leaf tickling her arm. Yeah, she was definitely way more different than her sister's Pokemon.

"What should I name you…? Hmm… How about Jessy? It's short and simple." Jessy smiled, content with her name, and nudged Ruby's hand.

"Do you want me to pick you up?" The Chikorita nodded and smiled placidly as Ruby put Tiny on her head, the Minccino grabbing her hair for stability. She picked up her new Pokemon and hugged her closely.

"Um… Let's see… Miss Lusamine said that my Pokedex was blue… And I'm on Team Moon…" Ruby gently ran her hand over Jessy as she muttered to herself, finding comfort in having her Pokemon so close to her. She walked over to the table and squealed as she somehow tripped over the table leg and fell flat on her face, dropping Jessy.

Suddenly I'm glad Grant left… Ruby thought, sitting up and straightening out her skirt. She wasn't sure if she would be able to handle her brother laughing at her clumsiness. She put the Pokedex in her backpack (another gift from her sister that was just as frilly and pink as everything else she had been given) and whimpered as she felt a warm trickle running down her nose. Of course she had a bloody nose. What else could go wrong?

She reached into her pocket and pulled out a small package of tissues, using it to quickly plug up her nose. Lorelai had really thought of everything, hadn't she? She picked up Jessy from where she had dropped her and checked her for any cuts or scratches. The Chikorita was surprisingly unbothered by being dropped on the ground and only blinked up at her trainer.

"Nothing really bothers you, does it? I wish Tiny was more like you…" Ruby trailed off when she suddenly realized that her head felt a lot lighter than it had felt a few minutes ago. She looked around anxiously for the Minccino, knowing how easily she got into trouble. Hopefully she didn't run too far off...

"What's up, Little Red?" Ruby flinched as a hand wrapped around her ankle and looked down to see her sister grinning up at her from the crowd.

"R-Rory! I thought you said that you were going to stay home--"

"And I thought you said that you were going to keep an eye on Tiny! The second you looked away, she came running back to me!" Ruby sighed in relief as Lorelai knelt down and picked up Tiny, who was snickering as she climbed back onto her new trainer's head.

"T-Thank you for finding her… Um… Is Mom mad at me for leaving?" Ruby asked, petting Jessy on the head.

"She's about as mad as she was when me and Grant left. She'll get over it, though. She has to realize that she can't control you forever." Lorelai grunted as she climbed onto the stage and wrapped her arm around Ruby's shoulder. "Anyway, let's get down to business… Why haven't you talked to anyone yet?"

"I--"

"I mean, you're the only one here that's alone! This is the perfect time for you to make some friends! How about Baldy over there? Or Pretty Boy next to him? You have to talk to people eventually, Rubes."

"I'll talk to them eventually… I don't need your help with everything, Rory. I'll be fine by myself. I think Tiny's impatient to get moving," Ruby murmured as the Minccino tugged at her pigtails. Lorelai sighed and ran a hand through her hair.

"Alright, alright… I guess I can't expect you to do everything right away. I guess this will be the last time I see you for awhile. Don't forget to call, squirt. And hopefully you'll be taller the next time I see you. I packed you a lunch in your backpack, so don't forget to eat it." Ruby smiled slightly as Lorelai kissed her forehead and jumped off the stage. She took a deep breath and headed out to Route 2 before she got too nervous and changed her mind.

Back