• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen #2 - How will you play these games differently?

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
PMG6.jpg

Second Weekly poll question!

When the games do come out to eshop, will you play them differently compared to how you played the games during the past? Will you choose a different team? Explore a lot more? Rush through the games quickly?

Feel free to share anything!

Swithdas

What's a forum and how do I use it again..
Years
I love a challenge, so I will without a doubt be choosing Chikorita as my starter, which I believe I have never done. Can't wait for it to hit the eshop!

Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2019
Typhlosion is my favourite Starter of second generation ones so I will definitely chose him.

I will choose Gold but I will probably trade a phanpy to my game.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
I'll try replicating my original team as good as I remember so I can trade them over to Moon and pretend it's my very first Pok?mon team. <3

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
I think my team will be different. I didn't evolve my starter (didn't like the way Croconaw and Feraligatr looked), but I probably will this time. I also think I'll go for a little more variety (grass and electric weaknesses were huge issues for my original team).

For the RBY releases, I focused on doing challenge runs with new teams. This time, though, I think I'll just make one file to play thoroughly. I don't want to rush too much, but it will still probably be faster than my first file because I won't get lost/stuck like I did back then.

My Pokemon abilities and knowledge really improved during gen II (went from soloing the game with Totodile to breeding and developing decent, balanced teams, though my "main" team at the end was still really unbalanced), so my approach will probably be more similar to what it was at the end of gen II vs. what it was like when I first started my Gold file.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 13, 2018
I'm still going to pick Cyndaquil as my starter. I always did prefer him to the Chikorita and Totodile.

Mostly likely just like in the remakes of Gen 2, I will also have Furret in my early team.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
(how is this a poll d: )

I'll likely rush a bit but use pokemon I usually don't, just to make things different.

Years
I'll probably try and use different Pokemon from Johto and might end up not choosing Cyndaquil or Totodile for once.

Years
Pok?mon Gold was my first Pok?mon game (first videogame, actually) to complete. I've played through the Johto games dozens of times since, but I still fully intend to get the eShop release.

When I do, I might make a point of using more Pokemon in my active team. Back in the good ol' days I used to plow through the game with only my starter, filling the rest of the team with HM users. This time around, I'll use at least another two or three Pok?mon, along with my inevitable Typhlosion; perhaps try some Pok?mon I've never used properly, if there are any of those left!

Guest123_x1

I intend on finishing the Elite 4 with whatever Pok?mon I can remember having on my last official playing (on a Game Pak) of Silver in the earlier part of last decade. Though, I'll probably do certain things a little differently, since I know more about the mechanics now than I did then.
On Gold, I can't remember how I played that version when I had it in cartridge form, so, I'll probably be playing it as if I were a completely new player of it (though not a complete newb like I was when I was introduced to the franchise in 1999-2000).
Of course, I don't intend on doing challenges or 'speedruns', since I don't really care for those.

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
I think I might actually make it a goal to beat Red, something I didn't do in the originals or the remakes. See where I am when I beat all the gyms and how close that is to the release of Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon.

Back