• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Starter pokemon should i make

Years
I'm in the planning stages of my Pokemon game and I plan to make the starter Pokemon from any generation but I plan to mix it up a bit and have different types instead of fire, water, and grass types. I would prefer Pokemon that already exist but if I have to I will make some Fakemon. Please comment some Ideas below and I'm considering having 4 to give the player a bit more choice as well as some secret starter Pokemon.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Feb 24, 2023
Hi XainMS,
in me idea i think u should start with:
-Skiddo
-Buizel
-Darumaka
like a player it's will be funny to start with something different

Caaethil

#1 Greninja Fan
Years
The type triangles in Pokemon are: Fire/Water/Grass, Rock/Fighting/Flying, Fire/Rock/Steel and Grass/Poison/Ground. You could try any of those for your game.

If you wanted a type 'square' (i.e. four starters), you could have Fire/Bug/Grass/Water, Fire/Grass/Ground/Rock or Rock/Flying/Grass/Ground.

Source: dragonflycave (https://www.dragonflycave.com/fun-facts)

For a game with four starters to make it different, the best choice would probably be Rock/Flying/Grass/Ground, because out of all of the type squares it has the least types from the original Fire/Grass/Water triangle. The problem with choosing new starters without fakemon is that you need to make sure they're all similar, they should all have the same number of evolutions, evolve at roughly the same levels and have similar power levels. Obviously in your game you could just change things like this if you wanted to.

After thinking about it, I'd probably go for something like this:

Roggenrola > Starly > Bounsweet > Sandile

Not a perfect list, I could probably come up with something better if I tried harder, but it gives you an idea at least. You'll probably be changing trade evolutions (i.e. Boldore to Gigalith) to levelups in your game anyway, but you still might want to tweak the levels a bit anyway and maybe change Steenee to not require Stomp to evolve. I tried to keep everything single-type so as to not mess with the square, but there are no 3-stage pure Ground types, so I went with Sandile. If you're not including every generation, you'll also obviously have to change some Pokemon. If you really want to, you could always just change Bounsweet to any standard Grass starter.

Last edited:

Hawkeye17

The Dragon Tamer
Years
How about giving an eevee with the three stones or may be an option to evolve it to umbreon espion and sylveon.
Ps:Sorry if there are any spelling mistake

Back