• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2011] Pokémon Ruby Destiny - Life of Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I talked to the happiness checker NPC before and it said it couldn't be happier.
I don't remember if I ever leveled it at night,guess I'll just catch an another one to check if it evolves correctly.
Go ahead and train it for a while to the point that it "couldn't be happier". If you then wish to conduct an experiment, get its experience to the point that you are on the verge of gaining another level, then create a save state and battle during daytime, leveling up. See if it evolves. If not, revert to the save state and try at dusk; the result should be identical. After dusk comes evening; try then. If the result is still the same, you might want to do some midnite training (hopefully something like 9 p.m. or 10 p.m.) and try to evolve then. If you try as late as midnite and it still won't evolve, I don't know what else to say other than try the minute you wake up (even get up early so the game is still dark, though the game could treat day and night as 12 hour segments).

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen May 30, 2013
where do you find pansear and pansage and panpour
how do you make vulpix evolve into occutales

The elemental monkeys can be obtain via a quest in Guardia Town, while wild Occutales can be found in the Mineral Cave south of Silkwind Town. Occutales is a sole mon like Tauros, it does not evolve nor can it be evolved.

Pecilia

Best Witch
Years
Anyone know if Shuckle can learn roll out by leveling or anyway really. Kinda a crucial move for me to have on Shuckle.

Years
The elemental monkeys can be obtain via a quest in Guardia Town, while wild Occutales can be found in the Mineral Cave south of Silkwind Town. Occutales is a sole mon like Tauros, it does not evolve nor can it be evolved.
I remember JaGold mentioned that he has made those ele-monkeys to appear in the wild also.. For guidance check his updates or previous coloumns

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I will give you a little advice ;)
For any Pokémon related questions (evolutions, movepools, etc...) why don't you just open YAPE and check it? It will be quicker and you will have your answer for sure.

Years
  • Seen May 30, 2013
I will give you a little advice ;)
For any Pokémon related questions (evolutions, movepools, etc...) why don't you just open YAPE and check it? It will be quicker and you will have your answer for sure.

Isn't RD:LoG locked? We'd technically need a tutorial on how to use it, with the sheer amount of newbies asking questions related to Pokemon.

FiersomeLucia

The Blue Skies Will Appear...
Years
I am stuck. I am already finished with story mode and I am now the League Champion. I have Shaymin, Breatherna, and Wujifin, the pokemon captured by Team Earth. But I want Gabrieleon! I already activated Gabrieleon's event with Claire. I just have to go to Dusk Path's Waterfall right? Well, I don't have HM07 Waterfall and I don't see Nicholas in Oceania Sea. What's wrong?!

Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2016
I am stuck. I am already finished with story mode and I am now the League Champion. I have Shaymin, Breatherna, and Wujifin, the pokemon captured by Team Earth. But I want Gabrieleon! I already activated Gabrieleon's event with Claire. I just have to go to Dusk Path's Waterfall right? Well, I don't have HM07 Waterfall and I don't see Nicholas in Oceania Sea. What's wrong?!

Go to Twilight Path, speak with Crossel there, and do the events that follow. Then go to the peak of Mt. Krystal and speak with Angeallen and Nicholas there. Then you shall find Nicholas on Oceania Path.

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2012
Hello, and Help please,
I have just finished fighting off the team earth leader (good side), and that event. I talked to Claire, then the Shaman, and now I'm off to the league. I get to the league, there is no one there. Am I missing something? Because the pyramid says to either go to the league, or go to lustertown to get a new symbol, but I already have the symbol.
I'm stuck..

Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2016
Hello, and Help please,
I have just finished fighting off the team earth leader (good side), and that event. I talked to Claire, then the Shaman, and now I'm off to the league. I get to the league, there is no one there. Am I missing something? Because the pyramid says to either go to the league, or go to lustertown to get a new symbol, but I already have the symbol.
I'm stuck..

Go to Guardia Town and get the symbol there?

Years
  • Seen Dec 24, 2016
HELP

I am stuck on breeze island for the first time, I don't have my badges so I can't surf.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 4, 2020
so um

a friend of mine started playing this hack a few days ago

s7.zetaboards.com/Nuzlocke_Forum/topic/8720347/1/

I'm sure all of you will just defend this hack and its horrible qualities,(which isn't that surprising, I don't think Pokecommunity has ever produced a good hack) but seriously. Why do people like this hack? The sprites are horrible, the fakemon aren't well designed, a lot of the music is blatantly ripped from other games, the plot sounds like a piece of terrible fanfiction, and there is absolutely ZERO balance to the game. Yet it somehow won hack of the year (not that the other hacks were much better) and people still treat it like the best game ever made.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I'm sure all of you will just defend this hack and its horrible qualities,(which isn't that surprising, I don't think Pokecommunity has ever produced a good hack) but seriously. Why do people like this hack? The sprites are horrible, the fakemon aren't well designed, a lot of the music is blatantly ripped from other games, the plot sounds like a piece of terrible fanfiction, and there is absolutely ZERO balance to the game. Yet it somehow won hack of the year (not that the other hacks were much better) and people still treat it like the best game ever made.

The only thing I can think of is that if pipz didn't like my hack, they don't post about it.
That is why the only things(mostly) you can read here are messages that they like the hack, or report bugs.
I respect your opinion, and hope you don't mind if people do start saying mean stuff, if they do. I don't control them. o.o

So yeah...

Years
  • Seen May 30, 2013
so um

a friend of mine started playing this hack a few days ago

s7.zetaboards.com/Nuzlocke_Forum/topic/8720347/1/

I'm sure all of you will just defend this hack and its horrible qualities,(which isn't that surprising, I don't think Pokecommunity has ever produced a good hack) but seriously. Why do people like this hack? 1)The sprites are horrible, 2)the fakemon aren't well designed, 3)a lot of the music is blatantly ripped from other games, 4)the plot sounds like a piece of terrible fanfiction, and 5)there is absolutely ZERO balance to the game. Yet it somehow won hack of the year (not that the other hacks were much better) and people still treat it like the best game ever made.

1) How exactly are the sprites horrible? I do acknowledge that Jagold recycled quite a lot of sprites, but the ones that were custom-made were quite polished.

2) To me, the fakemon sort of stood out as their style was somewhat different than Game Freak's, but many of the fakemon sprites (especially Felinar) were stellar.

3) And what did you expect? Most hacks do not even change the music. Expecting a fan-game to have an original piece that rivals the work of somebody such as Uematsu is a bit of a stretch, isn't it?

4) To me, Ruby Destiny's plot was better than many of the main series' plots. Most of the official games use the same old formula, but Jagold broke the formula, refused to focus on the badge quest, and even added a web of gambits between the characters. Not to mention that creating a fork in the story is something that not even Game Freak has even thought of doing in a main-series game.

5) Balance? You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means. Rant about the final battles and the side-quests as much as you like, the game was deliberately rigged to be challenging.

Plus, I've noticed how most of the forums kept picking on the badly-inserted Gen IV&Gen V sprites, which is sort if idiotic, at best.

"I'm sorry, I didn't realise having taste meant I have to like something as messy, broken, unfair and unpolished as this "hack."

Evidence for this? All the scripts work as intended, the difficulty curve is a little more elevated than the average Pokemon game.

Honestly, ever tried actually playing the game rather than nitpicking all of its flaws?

Saturated Hue

acrobatic effing pirouette.
Years
Guys, don't argue with idiots. They'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Anywho. First and foremost, congratulations on a great hack. Really, really enjoyed it; I love that
Spoiler:

Team Earth, and to an extent the Dark Organization, had depth, instead of just the over-the-top villain thing the main Pokemon series used, so another kudos to you on that.

Anyway, onto my question: I completed the Dragon Castle event, battled Beatrice and Light, but Princess Alice is still not in the Leon Castle in front of her father, even though the various Youtube playthroughs and general Google results suggested otherwise. Is this a bug? ):

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back