The PokéCommunity Forums Pokémon Gaming Seventh Generation
Is Ultra Sun/Moon Dead?

Seventh Generation Alola, trainers! Come discuss the latest generation in the Pokémon series with us! This includes Sun & Moon as well as Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon.

Old 1 Week Ago (4:55 PM).
u5uk1r0k

Nature: Bashful
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Flameheart View Post
    You're welcome. And also, be sure that you're using the original Sun, not Ultra Sun.
    Hmmm. I'll just change the region settings to Europe :) BTW, the Heatran ang Regigigas events said that the codes will beditributed via the newsletter, but I checked that email several time, and there are no serial codes. Where did I go wrong?!

Relevant Advertising!

Old 1 Week Ago (5:34 PM).
    TRUTHtoBEforgotten

Nature: Quiet
    USUM isn't particularly dead, I don't think. Stagnant at the very most, probably, but that's the cycle of literally every Pokemon game ever made. Usually around a few months after release is when hype starts to wane more and more and people start to muk on the games blaming them for not doing enough to give them occupied 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Such is the way things go. Demotivation spreads like a disease; if your friends aren't playing it anymore, why should you? etc etc....

I've been giving this a lot of thought and I get why Gen VII would burn a lot of people out, but it's really no different than getting a burnout from say, Gen V or Gen VI for that matter when both had their periods when people grew sick and tired of playing them over and over again. The most we can do is wait for the Switch Pokemon game to be announced/released and hopefully it'll drive up and generate some excitement that was previously missing with Gen VII.
    Old 5 Days Ago (8:14 PM).
    u5uk1r0k

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Azalea View Post
      USUM isn't particularly dead, I don't think. Stagnant at the very most, probably, but that's the cycle of literally every Pokemon game ever made. Usually around a few months after release is when hype starts to wane more and more and people start to **** on the games blaming them for not doing enough to give them occupied 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Such is the way things go. Demotivation spreads like a disease; if your friends aren't playing it anymore, why should you? etc etc....

I've been giving this a lot of thought and I get why Gen VII would burn a lot of people out, but it's really no different than getting a burnout from say, Gen V or Gen VI for that matter when both had their periods when people grew sick and tired of playing them over and over again. The most we can do is wait for the Switch Pokemon game to be announced/released and hopefully it'll drive up and generate some excitement that was previously missing with Gen VII.
      I'm surprised ORAS wasn't this roasted, though. I honestly don't remember people hating on ORAS this much. I remeber people getting pissed because of XY's ****ty post game, but not ORAS. However, looking at this forum itself, it's so bare compared to the SM section.
      Old 5 Days Ago (8:20 PM).
      TRUTHtoBEforgotten

Nature: Quiet
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by w1f1pa55w0rd View Post
      I'm surprised ORAS wasn't this roasted, though. I honestly don't remember people hating on ORAS this much. I remeber people getting pissed because of XY's ****ty post game, but not ORAS. However, looking at this forum itself, it's so bare compared to the SM section.
      This is the SM section. :P

And well... ORAS wasn't roasted on a whole lot because it was an okay remake all things considered (to the best of my knowledge), it just could've been better. The omission of Battle Frontier definitely hurt it, but it made up for it with the inclusion of literally every legendary ever as well as the new Soaring feature and keeping/introducing new Megas which is nice.

I suppose if seventh gen had less cutscenes and the "tutorial' aspect of the game was cut a bit it would've gotten a lot better reception considering those are people's biggest gripes.
      Old 5 Days Ago (10:03 PM).
      u5uk1r0k

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Azalea View Post
        This is the SM section. :P

And well... ORAS wasn't roasted on a whole lot because it was an okay remake all things considered (to the best of my knowledge), it just could've been better. The omission of Battle Frontier definitely hurt it, but it made up for it with the inclusion of literally every legendary ever as well as the new Soaring feature and keeping/introducing new Megas which is nice.

I suppose if seventh gen had less cutscenes and the "tutorial' aspect of the game was cut a bit it would've gotten a lot better reception considering those are people's biggest gripes.
        I mean the USUM posts are very... idk, rare? People just don't seem inclined to play this game. Or maybe everything is so easy, no one has any doubts.

Quick Reply