The PokéCommunity Forums Pokémon Gaming Seventh Generation
Is Ultra Sun/Moon Dead?

Seventh Generation Alola, trainers! Come discuss the latest generation in the Pokémon series with us! This includes Sun & Moon as well as Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #26    
Old 1 Week Ago (4:55 PM).
w1f1pa55w0rd's Avatar
w1f1pa55w0rd w1f1pa55w0rd is offline
u5uk1r0k
     
    Join Date: Oct 2016
    Location: A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Bashful
    Posts: 242
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Flameheart View Post
    You're welcome. And also, be sure that you're using the original Sun, not Ultra Sun.
    Hmmm. I'll just change the region settings to Europe :) BTW, the Heatran ang Regigigas events said that the codes will beditributed via the newsletter, but I checked that email several time, and there are no serial codes. Where did I go wrong?!
    __________________
    Send me a PM if you know where to get the Vs. Seeker in Dark Rising Kaizo version. You don't get it from the rival. Learned that the hard way.
    Reply With Quote

    Relevant Advertising!

      #27    
    Old 1 Week Ago (5:34 PM).
    Azalea's Avatar
    Azalea Azalea is online now
    TRUTHtoBEforgotten
     
    Join Date: Apr 2005
    Gender: Female
    Nature: Quiet
    Posts: 30,949
    USUM isn't particularly dead, I don't think. Stagnant at the very most, probably, but that's the cycle of literally every Pokemon game ever made. Usually around a few months after release is when hype starts to wane more and more and people start to muk on the games blaming them for not doing enough to give them occupied 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Such is the way things go. Demotivation spreads like a disease; if your friends aren't playing it anymore, why should you? etc etc....

    I've been giving this a lot of thought and I get why Gen VII would burn a lot of people out, but it's really no different than getting a burnout from say, Gen V or Gen VI for that matter when both had their periods when people grew sick and tired of playing them over and over again. The most we can do is wait for the Switch Pokemon game to be announced/released and hopefully it'll drive up and generate some excitement that was previously missing with Gen VII.
    __________________
    Reply With Quote
      #28    
    Old 5 Days Ago (8:14 PM).
    w1f1pa55w0rd's Avatar
    w1f1pa55w0rd w1f1pa55w0rd is offline
    u5uk1r0k
       
      Join Date: Oct 2016
      Location: A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Bashful
      Posts: 242
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Azalea View Post
      USUM isn't particularly dead, I don't think. Stagnant at the very most, probably, but that's the cycle of literally every Pokemon game ever made. Usually around a few months after release is when hype starts to wane more and more and people start to **** on the games blaming them for not doing enough to give them occupied 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Such is the way things go. Demotivation spreads like a disease; if your friends aren't playing it anymore, why should you? etc etc....

      I've been giving this a lot of thought and I get why Gen VII would burn a lot of people out, but it's really no different than getting a burnout from say, Gen V or Gen VI for that matter when both had their periods when people grew sick and tired of playing them over and over again. The most we can do is wait for the Switch Pokemon game to be announced/released and hopefully it'll drive up and generate some excitement that was previously missing with Gen VII.
      I'm surprised ORAS wasn't this roasted, though. I honestly don't remember people hating on ORAS this much. I remeber people getting pissed because of XY's ****ty post game, but not ORAS. However, looking at this forum itself, it's so bare compared to the SM section.
      __________________
      Send me a PM if you know where to get the Vs. Seeker in Dark Rising Kaizo version. You don't get it from the rival. Learned that the hard way.
      Reply With Quote
        #29    
      Old 5 Days Ago (8:20 PM).
      Azalea's Avatar
      Azalea Azalea is online now
      TRUTHtoBEforgotten
       
      Join Date: Apr 2005
      Gender: Female
      Nature: Quiet
      Posts: 30,949
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by w1f1pa55w0rd View Post
      I'm surprised ORAS wasn't this roasted, though. I honestly don't remember people hating on ORAS this much. I remeber people getting pissed because of XY's ****ty post game, but not ORAS. However, looking at this forum itself, it's so bare compared to the SM section.
      This is the SM section. :P

      And well... ORAS wasn't roasted on a whole lot because it was an okay remake all things considered (to the best of my knowledge), it just could've been better. The omission of Battle Frontier definitely hurt it, but it made up for it with the inclusion of literally every legendary ever as well as the new Soaring feature and keeping/introducing new Megas which is nice.

      I suppose if seventh gen had less cutscenes and the "tutorial' aspect of the game was cut a bit it would've gotten a lot better reception considering those are people's biggest gripes.
      __________________
      Reply With Quote
        #30    
      Old 5 Days Ago (10:03 PM).
      w1f1pa55w0rd's Avatar
      w1f1pa55w0rd w1f1pa55w0rd is offline
      u5uk1r0k
         
        Join Date: Oct 2016
        Location: A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Bashful
        Posts: 242
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Azalea View Post
        This is the SM section. :P

        And well... ORAS wasn't roasted on a whole lot because it was an okay remake all things considered (to the best of my knowledge), it just could've been better. The omission of Battle Frontier definitely hurt it, but it made up for it with the inclusion of literally every legendary ever as well as the new Soaring feature and keeping/introducing new Megas which is nice.

        I suppose if seventh gen had less cutscenes and the "tutorial' aspect of the game was cut a bit it would've gotten a lot better reception considering those are people's biggest gripes.
        I mean the USUM posts are very... idk, rare? People just don't seem inclined to play this game. Or maybe everything is so easy, no one has any doubts.
        __________________
        Send me a PM if you know where to get the Vs. Seeker in Dark Rising Kaizo version. You don't get it from the rival. Learned that the hard way.
        Reply With Quote
        Reply

        Quick Reply

        Join the conversation!

        Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

        Create a PokéCommunity Account

        Sponsored Links
        Thread Tools

        Posting Rules
        You may not post new threads
        You may not post replies
        You may not post attachments
        You may not edit your posts

        BB code is On
        Smilies are On
        [IMG] code is On
        HTML code is Off

        Forum Jump


        All times are GMT -8. The time now is 4:29 PM.