• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Paragon [Beta 1.0]

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuK

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 9, 2019
This looks awesome!!!
I love it! look foward next version!

Years
This looks awesome!!!
I love it! look foward next version!

Thanks, glad you like it, I try my best. I'm working on the next beta right now, alot of graphical updates will come, mainly to the playable character. So stay tuned for a update. I don't know when It'll be released, but I'm working hard.

Alot of small bug fixes will also be made, and some improvements and ofcourse gameplay up to the second gym.

Murderlinez3

Shiny Scyther
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 26, 2022
Daer Sie or Madam,

How are you? I hope you are fine.

I have found a bug. After you lose against the first gym leader, you cannot rematch because the battle dont start after speaking to the gym leader.

I hope you can fix it, like the hole in my heart.

Yours sincerely

Mr. NiceGuy

Years
Daer Sie or Madam,

How are you? I hope you are fine.

I have found a bug. After you lose against the first gym leader, you cannot rematch because the battle dont start after speaking to the gym leader.

I hope you can fix it, like the hole in my heart.

Yours sincerely

Mr. NiceGuy

Thank you I'm doing just fine.

I was notified about this bug a while ago, and only recently updated the op and added a note saying that you should save before the gym battle. It will be fixed in the next beta, which I'm working hard on.

A small update on the next beta, not too much though.
DNS (Day/Night System) has been added to the game and depending on if it's night or day, people might be gone or some may appear only during the night or day, and people may say something different, the playable character has also gotten a unique sprite, stay tuned!
kmQByX7.png

Years
Can't wait for the next update.

nice update, keep up the good work!

Thanks guys!

Just a quick update, this is far from dead, the progress is just a bit slow

For anyone who is interested in what's going on and what's been added, here's a small list of what's been done since the release of beta 1.0

Fixes
You now recieve the National Dex, showing all Pokémons
You can now rebattle the first gym leader after loosing to her.
Alot of minor fixes.
Gave Team Rocket their battle/encounter theme

New
Updated hp boxes in the battle
Updated the titlescreen music
Updated the party icons
Updated protagonist sprites
Updated the Pokédex
Updated the exclamations appearing above npc's
Added "Tainted" to the title screen
Added Apricorns
Added more Pokémon
Removed the bike intro
Removed Pokémon animations
New Pokémon stat changes
DNS System
People will be affected by time, they will move around as the time passes, might have something different to tell. Alot of people will dissapear during the night, some may appear only during the night.-Randomized Weather
The weather in large parts of the region will change weather from time to time during long periods

Now the Dns and randomized weather in itself is done, I just need to add them to the routes/towns.

This is where the hack currently stands, stay tuned for the next beta! Although I have no idea when it'll be released, and progress right now is pretty slow.

Years
I love this hack.
cant wait for it to be complete.
however, a bug happened to me on my play of the beta was that when (re)challenging the one and only gym leader, the event triggering the battle just brought me to the spot, and did not initiate the battle.
here were the things happening beforehand: after reentering, I fought the left side dude. I hadn't challenged him on my first try. I walked and talked to the leader, but then the thing would just walk me down and not start. this continued even after that. if I talked to her again, it repeated.
as a hacker, I think this might be how you set up the battle.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
When will paragon release, cuase supposedly the release date says 2017-07-11 but nothing changed. It is #1 in my book but i would want to continue my adventure

Years
I love this hack.
cant wait for it to be complete.
however, a bug happened to me on my play of the beta was that when (re)challenging the one and only gym leader, the event triggering the battle just brought me to the spot, and did not initiate the battle.
here were the things happening beforehand: after reentering, I fought the left side dude. I hadn't challenged him on my first try. I walked and talked to the leader, but then the thing would just walk me down and not start. this continued even after that. if I talked to her again, it repeated.
as a hacker, I think this might be how you set up the battle.

Glad you enjoy it.
The reason that happens is because I forgot to clear the flag after the battle, if the result was lost

I'll be waiting for this one. Looks amazing.

When will paragon release, cuase supposedly the release date says 2017-07-11 but nothing changed. It is #1 in my book but i would want to continue my adventure

This is looking great. Please, don't give up

Thank you so much for you support guys, greatly appreciate it, however.

I have both good news and bad news.

I'll go over the bad news first I suppose

Paragon will not see any updates soon. I've started on another project, however, Paragon is nowhere dead. I'm just going to reboot it after my other project and use it as a base. So don't worry guys, this can only mean it'll be more polished. In its current state, Paragon that is has some bugs and some things I regret doing and want to redo, so in due time there will be an update. I have a small update on my hand that I can release, I'll notify you guys if I do, mainly just a graphical update and some small bug fixes.

The good news I pretty much went over. Paragon is not dead, just on a small break. And I'm working on another project which I will use as a base.

What is the new project? A Emerald Remake, very original I know. Anyways, glad you enjoy Paragon, really pushes me forward.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 8, 2023
Few problems:

* My rival's house (bottom left on initial town) showed his sprite at the coordinate 0x0 of the map.

* The top part of the first island is a route with water. There are some tiles that are half water/half puddle on top of which I was able to walk. The game thought I was in water so I was able to fight a lvl 18 Tentacool.

* You can teleport to the first island with a Ralts. You put a warp in the little caban though.

* The guys who sells egg: My screen don't go back to normal after buying. (Can be fixed by going in a building).

* The Forest after the first gym is barren and there are no warps. Unfortunately I messed up my save states, so I can't go back.

Years
hey, also, if needed, i am kinda looking to work on a hack and i have quite a bit of experience. not a MASSIVE amount, but a good amount.
i could do some spriting, map design/ detailing (for ex: taking a bland looking area and making it look better, adding things like bushes and rocks),

other than technical things, I'm good at art, ie character concepts.

if you need any help, dm me.

this hack i am confident will go up there with the best of them, IE light platinum, just for its great design and feel.

Years
Hello everyone. Check the main post for a new update, just a small one. Due to requests I decided to upload the latest version I worked on before jumping to my new project.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
Hello everyone. Check the main post for a new update, just a small one. Due to requests I decided to upload the latest version I worked on before jumping to my new project.

Latest Project? Does that mean you are stopping development on Paragon or are you working simultaneously on both?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 29, 2020
So far, this ROM looks quit well put together. The scenery is nice and things seem well balanced. However, because this is still a beta version, bugs are going to be expected. I have found one at the start of the game. And it seems VERY fun to abuse :P. Events don't seem to save properly after saving and resetting the game. If you save in your room after getting a Pokemon and reset the game. You will go through the intro events again. Getting to choose a SECOND starter, 5 more level balls as well as 3 more potions. This can be done over and over until there are no more Pokemon left in the lab. And the rival will sometimes pick a Pokemon that is already taken. Also, you can't seem to pick any Pokemon the comes after the one your rival picked in the dex # order. If he picked Treeko, you can't get any other 3rd Gen starter or 4th. Just like to help find the bugs. Keep up the good work!

Years
Latest Project? Does that mean you are stopping development on Paragon or are you working simultaneously on both?

Paragon is just on hold for now, I'll get back to it after my new project, I'll use it as a base and restart Paragon from the start. I want to redo a couple of things.

So far, this ROM looks quit well put together. The scenery is nice and things seem well balanced. However, because this is still a beta version, bugs are going to be expected. I have found one at the start of the game. And it seems VERY fun to abuse :P. Events don't seem to save properly after saving and resetting the game. If you save in your room after getting a Pokemon and reset the game. You will go through the intro events again. Getting to choose a SECOND starter, 5 more level balls as well as 3 more potions. This can be done over and over until there are no more Pokemon left in the lab. And the rival will sometimes pick a Pokemon that is already taken. Also, you can't seem to pick any Pokemon the comes after the one your rival picked in the dex # order. If he picked Treeko, you can't get any other 3rd Gen starter or 4th. Just like to help find the bugs. Keep up the good work!

That's quite interesting and fun, but I thought I fixed that. Was this on the latest version?

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Dec 18, 2019
im very impressed, I like how the pokemon trainers line up for battle, the choices are very interesting and I love that you let us go somewhere that's not exactly where we have to go yet. great mapping , love the starter choice. nothing is predictable which is a huge joy....great replayabilty. hope you keep putting top percentage effort like you did in the first few cities! couple minor suggestions because I like doing that. have a unique pokemon event waiting for us at those dead ends ...nothing special like a beedrill that knows drill run, Pikachu that knows surf, shiny bidoff . elikid etc. and it be cool to see team aqua attack the boat. that be a cool surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back