• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best way to buy booster safely?

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Feb 24, 2018
Sometimes I don't wanna buy 36, I just want a few. What is the best way?
I hate buying on the internet or in a store because sometimes they are weighted. What should I do?
And I want to ask, who buys a single pack on the internet nowsaday? It's like the worst idea.

Years
Sometimes I don't wanna buy 36, I just want a few. What is the best way?
I hate buying on the internet or in a store because sometimes they are weighted. What should I do?
And I want to ask, who buys a single pack on the internet nowsaday? It's like the worst idea.

Out of curiosity, where have you been buying your boosters that you've been encountering weighted boosters?

I pretty much exclusively buy mine from Target, GameStop, and a handful of hobby/card/comic shops near me, and usually only in the collections.

If you're concerned about weighting, maybe give the individually wrapped boosters from your local Target/Wal-Mart equivalent?

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Feb 24, 2018
I havn't bought any packs yet. I was thinking of my local collectible card store. But I'm afraid the packs were weighted behind the counter.

U mean the individually wrapped boosters that has a cardboard cover? Haha, I think they can be weighted too. I heard once a few teenagers were weighting the packs at walmart and the staffs didn't let them do it.

Last edited:
Years
I havn't bought any packs yet. I was thinking of my local collectible card store. But I'm afraid the packs were weighted behind the counter.

U mean the individually wrapped boosters that has a cardboard cover? Haha, I think they can be weighted too. I heard once a few teenagers were weighting the packs at walmart and the staffs didn't let them do it.

Some shops do it. Some shops don't. Just depends on how much you trust your local shop.

The cardboard wrapped ones can be weighted, but unless you live in an area of particularly unscrupulous players and collectors, they're probably not being weighted. Walking into Target with a scale at least is probably going to get the attention of Loss Prevention. Not sure about Wal-Mart, though.

Back