• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Only I still like gba pokemon games?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 18, 2018
Does anyone still play some pokemon game for gba?
I have pokémon go and others advanced, but as incredible as it seems I can not get sick of the old versions, for its simplicity and affection.
My first game was the pokémon yellow for gb
And you, which Pokémon game do you play?

Years
  • Age 37
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 27, 2023
I also go back and play my Yellow Version. I still enjoy playing it and Pikachu is so cute when you talk to it.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
I agree that the old ones are fun to play for the simplicity

I'm playing Blue on 3DS and I'm at Silph Co

Gigadweeb

[b][i]The Black Swordsman[/i][/b]
Years
Certainly not the only one. I come back to the first 3 gens pretty often just because they're fast-paced and have no real overarching stories that bog down your progression like Gen VI and onwards (Gen IV and V to a lesser extent as well).

Perfect for replaying them, unless you really, really don't like physical/special being assigned to types, but I rarely notice in-game.

Ardentex

Let's Player
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 18, 2018
Well, other than the two side-by-side runs I'm doing for my channel, I go back to the GameBoy games all the time for simplicity and nostalgia sake. Even though Gen IV games are probably my favorite if I had to review the games without my rose-colored glasses on, the GB games hold a special place in my heart.

Not to mention, I'd play R/S/E any day over OR/AS, though I didn't mind the remakes nearly as much as the other Gen. VI & VII games, they're really decent.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Because it's harder to get the chance to replay HGSS i find myself replaying Gen II a lot because they're still my favorites among the generations, honestly. So much fun to replay time and time again imo.

S-MAN

Banned
Years
DSC01477.jpg
DSC01470.jpg

Still playing LeafGreen on and off for ~9 years now.
I also just got Crystal on 3DS like 2 days ago.. very fun!

Years
This is why I wish the current series of 3DS systems still supported GBA play because I'd really love to play Emerald version right now. It's one of my absolute favourite Pokemon games to date and I'd love to relive those memories without the need for emulation.

Years
I still go back and play Sapphire and Fire Red every once and a while, just because I had so much fun with them. And I've said it in the past before, but if the Physical/Special split had been introduced one generation earlier, I wouldn't have ever needed to move past Emerald, since I'd still be playing it to this day, haha.

Years
I've been playing Ruby & FireRed on and off for the past like, 12 years hahahaha.
Best ones for sure. I find the newer gens to be a lot slower and too hand-holdy for my liking.

Back