• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

accent

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
General Canadian accent. It's a bit of a mix of Ontarian, Prairies, and Maritime. I suppose Ontario's accent is more dominant because I've lived here most of my life now but I still find that I pronounce a looot of things differently from friends who have lived here their whole life. A lot of the terminology I use is from the Maritimes too, but I guess that's not actually accent. :s

Not really a fan of accents in general. I kind of like ones that you can barely hear, though--so you don't have to work in the slightest to understand the person but you can tell there's something a little exotic underneath. Those are fun to listen to.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I'm Mexican but I sound American...probably because my first language was English and wasn't taught Spanish until I entered 4th or 5th grade. Right now if you hear my voice you can tell that some words I say will sound Spanish-y.

I am in love with both British and Australian accents. Both accents are music to my ears tbh.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I'm really not sure what accent, but since I'm from Missouri, I guess a Missouri/St.Louis accent? People here say some words differently such as "farty-far" instead of "forty- four" and "warsh" instead or "wash" . I've never really noticed myself saying those words like that but I'm sure I have before. I think everyone has an accent, sometime you just don't notice it cause you're used to your voice.

I really love British accents a ton and French, Australian , and Irish accents too.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
My main accent has to be Spanish (Mexican accent) since my grandma and my mother are from Mexico, and its the main language spoken in my home - so my main accent: Pacific Northwest English with Spanish Mexican accent if it makes any sense. I learn to love my accent. At times I do have problems pronouncing certain Pokemon names (when I hear them in English in the anime and I try to replicate the sound, sometimes I cant), same with lots of other words.

I really love the Japanese and Korean accents. When some one else speaks their language, or speaks in English and I can tell of their accent. Sometimes in my head "I wish I could have that accent too". I also love how the Swahili accent sounds like.

Sanguine

malignant narcissist
Years
Um, it's a bit weird. I was born in France, and I lived there for about 10 years. In that time I'd already formed my accent, so when I later moved to England, it was an absolute train wreck. I still can't form my 'r's and 'h's that well :[

So, it's an awkward mix between a French accent and an English one.

I love listening to other people speak, so you can say that I'm a fan of all accents. I especially love how the Irish speak, though :3

Years
According to certain Americans I have a Canadian accent. Whatever that means. My accent borrows from many of the ethnicities and the diverse people I've met during my lifetime and I tend to pronounce the same word differently in different contexts.

Years
I don't really think I have much of an accent at all really, but then again that's probably impossible. My bet is that (being Australian) I sound like I have an Aussie accent to those who do not have one - although I don't think it would be an overly strong one.

As for liking a particular kind? I don't really have a preference for any particular accent at all.

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
I have a really bad accent. It's like a mix between Southern Hick and a manly female, which is absolutely horrible.

I don't really have any favorite accents outside of the standard British-favorite, I'm more about the pitch and sharpness of voices. I absolutely hate those nasal white-girl voices that they have on the West coast, especially when they say "like" over 90 times in a sentence >.<

Kano Shuuya

→ you're here, aren't you?
Years
I like English / British accents the best, oh my god.

Aside from that, my own accent is just a normal American accent, which to me doesn't even sound like I have an accent. xD It's not country, or Boston or anything, just typical American accent.

Years
I enjoy the "Geico" accent the most. It's kinda like a cross between British and Irish.

And my accent is just a normal American one. But, I do have the ability to an Indian accent.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
my accent is Glaswegian from Scotland, ( every town has it's own accent in britian).
I am quite fond of the Swedish accent. ( that might because I am 1 quarter Swedish)

Years
General Canadian accent. It's a bit of a mix of Ontarian, Prairies, and Maritime. I suppose Ontario's accent is more dominant because I've lived here most of my life now but I still find that I pronounce a looot of things differently from friends who have lived here their whole life. A lot of the terminology I use is from the Maritimes too, but I guess that's not actually accent. :s

Not really a fan of accents in general. I kind of like ones that you can barely hear, though--so you don't have to work in the slightest to understand the person but you can tell there's something a little exotic underneath. Those are fun to listen to.

Your accent is very lovely.

I'm Mexican but I sound American...probably because my first language was English and wasn't taught Spanish until I entered 4th or 5th grade. Right now if you hear my voice you can tell that some words I say will sound Spanish-y.

I am in love with both British and Australian accents. Both accents are music to my ears tbh.

Lol you would love my accent then. It is British but a few people can still make out the underlying Australian accent that still lingers in my voice.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
I have a Scottish accent, a hint of Glaswegian in it. Accents I like? I like hearing some German, Spanish, French and Russian accents.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
I used to have a half-native-half-english-all-foolish type of accent but now it's developing into a pure Asian accent.

I like French accents and those which I can clearly understand.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
British, some would describe it as sounding quite posh - but it's pretty standard for the Berkshire area.

Years
I sound American for the most part, but there are times when my accent comes out.. though I'm not even sure what kind of accent it is. I was born in Russia and lived there until I was 7 but the accent doesn't, to me, sound much like a Russian one haha.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I have a slight southern drawl when I say some words but otherwise, it's a pretty standard American accent from the mid-Atlantic region... well, until I start counting. Then the drawl comes out.

I just love the following accents (in no particular order):

-Southern Drawl (Strong, preferably on girls)
-British
-Irish
-Swedish
-Australian
-Kiwi
-Canadian (I'm soary!)

And many others ;-; I love accents omg <3

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Even though I'm Asian, I consider myself as having an American accent. The accents I like include British, Australian and Spanish.

Back