• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Football/Soccer Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Cardiff and QPR Are surely going too be promoted.[/QUOTE]

We've messed it up in two successive seasons, so whilst I'm over the moon to see us joint top and build up a gap, we've got a tough run in now with Norwich, the Jacks, Reading, Sc*nthorpe and QPR to play by the end of November.

Last edited:

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Here, Madrid and Barça won (1-3 for Madrid with a min. 80 surge to finish a match Hércules had ruled since min. 3; 5-0 for Barça against a laughable Sevilla- I predicted a 4-0, darn it). Meanwhile, Valencia is falling behind- they tied at home against a relegation-stinking Zaragoza. It seems that the only credible opposition left is Villarreal.

Gabri

m8
Years
Well that Nani goal is all we'll be hearing about for a few days.

It was given by the same referee who disallowed Pedro Mendes' goal a few years ago.

I just saw that goal. Why did the keeper just leave the ball in the ground if it was still on play?

Here, Madrid and Barça won (1-3 for Madrid with a min. 80 surge to finish a match Hércules had ruled since min. 3; 5-0 for Barça against a laughable Sevilla- I predicted a 4-0, darn it). Meanwhile, Valencia is falling behind- they tied at home against a relegation-stinking Zaragoza. It seems that the only credible opposition left is Villarreal.

Wow, are Sevilla that bad this year? First they get kicked out of the CL by SC Braga, now they get hammered like that? :/

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years

Wow, are Sevilla that bad this year? First they get kicked out of the CL by SC Braga, now they get hammered like that? :/

They are worse than they used to be, but, in their favour, they had collected two 4-0 in the previous two years when playing Barça at the Camp Nou, so it's not that horrible.

Limey-chan

Batzu
Years
Yes. And it's thanks to that 5-1 win that i'm stuck inside and sober tonight. I made the mistake of going to the pub to watch it with my Sunderland-supporting friends.

Let's just say that after how woeful Sunderland were today my friends don't feel much like going out drinking.

Fair play to Newcastle though, they played very well (And played as a team). Sunderland though, were very very poor. My mate said it was the worst he'd ever seen them play during a derby match.

Limey-chan

Batzu
Years
Apparently he's not regained full fitness, so Bruce has been bringing him on as a sub to give him game time bit by bit.

Still a bit of a waste of £13m if you ask me.

Limey-chan

Batzu
Years
Nah, I don't.

I did have a Valencia shirt that somebody brought back from holiday for me when I was like 8 or 9 years old but I grew out of it and it got thrown out years ago.

Limey-chan

Batzu
Years
I don't see what all the fuss about Liverpool is tbh. They'll get themselves out of the mess they're in eventually and finish comfortably in the top half.

The takeover seems to have injected some much-needed confidence into the players anyway, not a great performance against Bolton but a valuable 3 points.

Limey-chan

Batzu
Years
Torres doesn't want to be there. He's getting frustrated and he's lost his form, his mind's elsewhere.

If he doesn't leave in Jan i'll be surprised. If he's still there next season i'll be gobsmacked.

Years
I agree, Whats going on? Asamoah Gyan is amazing yet he's a bench-warmer?

In all fairness, Gyan is a bit overrated because of the world cup, he hadn't done much special before then.

Agreed, Have you got any kits? I got Chelsea's 3rd 2day,

I don't buy kits personally but football shirts are the only shirts I ever wear. I'm wearing the 09/10 Man Utd home kit (with Berbatov printed on it) now. :D

Torres doesn't want to be there. He's getting frustrated and he's lost his form, his mind's elsewhere.

If he doesn't leave in Jan i'll be surprised. If he's still there next season i'll be gobsmacked.

Not many bigs transfers happen in January so he'll probably leave in the summer.

Reina & Torres have been linked with surprise moves to Man Utd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back