• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

March Maaaadness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Okay, that makes more sense. x:

@Jz
I actually stumbled upon a lot of the music I like with an online radio. I didn't like any metal before then. I'm actually listening to a metal song right now, though haha.

Sir Codin

What are some of your favorite metal bands, Carcharodin?
I listen to a whole lot of the stuff, so I don't tend to pick absolute favorites.

I'm currently listening to a symphonic black metal band called Emperor.

Other bands I've been listening to lately are:

Sepultura, Pantera, Machine Head, Slayer, Metallica, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Dark Tranquility, Bolt Thrower, Wolves In The Throne Room, Drudkh, Mayhem, Immortal, Dream Theater, Exhorder, Meshuggah, Nevermore, Saint Vitus, Candlemass, Prostitute, and Eluveitie.

Last edited:

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Iron Maiden♥

I love them. I've actually been listening to The Trooper a lot lately. I just love that one. One of my favorite^^

Sir Codin

Number of the Beast and Powerslave are both terrific albums.

Like I said, if anyone wants a list of album/band recommendations, just ask. I have it stored on my PC Notepad.

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
I like pretty much any rock genre out there, especially alternative rock and heavy metal. I'm more of a fan of recent works (from 2000 onwards) but I like a handful of songs from back in the 70s and 80s, such as Metallica's Master of Puppets and Iron Maiden's The Number of the Beast.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Hmm, metal huh? I don't listen to this genre of music. It's one of my least favourite genres, unfortunately. :/ I like listening to pop, rock, classical, jazz.....well, about everything else except metal.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
To each his own.
I really only specifically dislike rap and country. The rest is tolerable or I like it. x:

Eheheh. I put the operator symbol on a shirt today. Hopefully it will be wearable by tomorrow.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
For me I enjoy almost any genre as long as I enjoy the song or artist. For the most part I have one artist from each genre that I don't mind listening to.

That said a lot of people say they dislike rap and country. I kind of wonder if they give it more of a shot than they do. There is a wide variety in at least the latter I've realized. Some of it I really enjoy and others I can't stand.

Sir Codin

I'm not a huge fan of dubstep, rap, pop, or country.

Country especially because my mom sings it all the time and she has a terrible singing voice.

Years
A lot of modern rap is....unintelligent, lyric-wise, to say the least. (no offense to rap fans) It doesn't sound right to me.
Country isn't as bad, although I still don't like it.
And I'm perfectly fine with dubstep and pop and whatnot.

Crux

Evermore
Years
Ooh, this is a topic I can get into!
I can get into pretty much any genre, I judge it by band more though to be honest.
Right now i'm listening to Fire Coming Out of the Monkey's Head by Gorillaz. These guys are one of my favorite hip-hop/alt/alt rock band.

As for the punk rock thing Carchar, I agree the old stuff was amazing, but music should change and grow otherwise it becomes boring.

Sir Codin

Classical music depends pretty much a HUGE amount on the composer and the type of music the composition is. I dig Mozart, Bach, Tchaikovsky, Widor, and some Wagner and Shostakovich.

I'm especially fond of pipe organ arrangements as well.

@Rococo:
It's not so much the music that I dislike about it changing (although it doesn't help), it's the attitude. Punk used to be all about anarchy, sticking it to anyone and not giving a f***; nowadays, it appears not so much.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I tend to go by songs more than genres or bands. Even in a genre that I normally dislike, there are some exceptions with certain songs or possibly bands/artists. This gets annoying, though, because I have a difficult time finding a band that I generally like, not just a few of their songs.

Sir Codin

Punk's decline reminds me of George Carlin's rant about how Harley Davidson lost its meaning:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back