• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Member interaction center

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I'm okay with you trying that after we have the trial period.

Sure, but just curious as to why after and not during? Two trails at once and that way both mods and supporters can have a taste of what it's like, and see what they prefer. My proposed idea is a weekly-changing thing so unless you will hold up posting the thing after the trail for a month, it'd be pretty unfair to pit it against my idea.

Technically there is nothing against the rules for me posting it right now in Other Trivia, and could give it a go now, but I'm also trying to be considerate of what you want too and so we have a fair matchup here.
I think it's unfair to me to tell me to do it after it becomes popular because individuals can then get a spotlight.. and obviously don't want that spotlight taken away.

If you can give me a good reason why I should do it after instead of at the same time, I'll be more than considerate of it.. but right now I'm a bit skeptical on how this has all played out to your hands, and I really don't want to be humored by being pushed back.

Edit: Basically it is like you're telling me "sure go ahead with your idea" AFTER you get feedback from supporters and other mods telling you to go ahead with your own idea. How is that even fair.

I am proposing.. do both trials at once, make a poll in the supporter section asking supporters and mods which one they prefer before releasing it to the public. Yes in a way it is unfair that regular members don't get to vote (I won't even get to vote either) but hopefully the supporters will be a good representation of the public.

Tell me that is not fair.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
I'm just concerned that if we have them going on at the same time, one will be overlooked.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Yes, mine might be overlooked by supporters, but not necessarily if you make an announcement about it in the Supporter Section. Not sure how long both will run, but at least it'll give something to the regular members while they wait for the big thing, (if it goes through.. though I am sure it will.)

Otherwise you will have to hold off at least a month from posting the section so that what I have won't be overlooked either.

I don't want this to become about personal agendas.. so how were you going to propose it should go? I've already said how I think it should be handled, but I want to hear what you have in mind.

Edit: Also if my idea is successful regardless, it COULD always be kept for those people who don't want a thread to themselves if we go through with your idea, too, because they don't want questions that are TOO personal thrown at them. Or if people see general questions asked in the thread that they feel like sharing. It could be sticked in the AMA section if it came to that, so both running at the same time could possibly also work.

Last edited:

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Forgive me if there's more to this idea, but from what I re-call, this paragraph is generally the gist of it.

My opinion (and no offense here, Kura) is that this is really inconsistent. I feel that creating a whole new subsection would be more ideal. .___. I do understand that the goal you're (seemingly?) trying to go for is more organization but...how would two separate threads really accomplish that? It seems that you haven't really explained that part in great detail (at least, versus creating a different section entirely).

See, I didn't really like the whole format the PYP had, which is why I believe it was an excellent idea that it was merged: why not just combine them, that way people can comment and yet post pictures all in one thread? Is it really that hard to search for a specific reply, or a specific question (given how PC's search function works, I'd imagine it wouldn't be too difficult)? I'm not trying to come off as rude or anything, but I just do not see what two separate threads would accomplish here.

Making a new section would make organization /so much easier/. The only "cons" (so to speak) in creating the new section is...selecting a new moderator? In which, even that, I'd imagine wouldn't even be too difficult. oo; When you're creating an entirely new section, with a batch of AMAs(especially with how often they pop up), each member would have their own AMA thread, and they would get asked the standard questions and they would reply afterwards. I really don't see what's particularly wrong in this system, and you haven't really pointed out what's necessarily wrong with creating a whole entire subforum either (unless I somehow skipped over that part).

u___u lmao don't take my post as rude or anything but these are just flaws that I find with your idea. I hope this post helps, anyway.

Not rude at all.. but if I recall, the PYP thread was split up originally because it was getting too many posts back then.. and then it died down. You had to sift through tons of comments just to see the pictures and it was difficult.

Two threads help with organization, as you said. I personally see more cons in the new section.. as in.. why is it even there? That's what the about me + vming is for.. popularity things.. people asking uneasy questions, people trolling in threads, people asking random stuff just to bump postcount..
but heck, I'm trying for a compromise instead of shooting the idea down directly.

As I said, no harm in giving my idea a shot since it can be easily closed in OT, and we also don't have to worry about postcount-hungry people. If you're worried about management, I said I would be willing to take over it since I am adamant in seeing it succeed.

It could be a flop, like you say, there are always gonna be concerns about stuff.. but you never know if you don't try especially something like this that doesn't require loads of planning and huge amounts of rule-making like a whole new section would.

I'd hope you could see nothing wrong with giving both a beta test like I am proposing.

Spoiler:

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Not that there's an issue with giving your idea a shot or anything like that, but I thought I'd just mention that people attempting to boost postcount/trolling/whatever is something that's going to happen in both ends honestly, and I feel that would fall under the "spamming" argument that people brought up a lot in this thread (if I'm correct). Meaning that, if it happens, just report it to staff/h-staff and they'll take care of it. It's procedural in that case. o.o

Yeah that is a fair point, I just thought it would be MUCH easier to manage in one thread rather than across a whole board.
And if postcount was turned off in an AMA section then I dont think we'd have to worry about spamming all too much. It's ALL too easy to just go around and ask "What's your favourite colour?" in 40 different threads just to bump postcount.

I am getting too technical now but.. I honestly think both should be given a chance.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Honestly I think that it should be for the best if supporters/mods could test both of them and give their pros/cons then we'll be settled. Then HStaff would decide according to supporters/mods and their own experiences. No harm in this at all imo.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
The forum is up in beta.

Anyone who has access to the Supporter HQ (meaning if you only have Style forum access, you can view it as well as those with VIP forum access) has access to the forum.

After the forum beta period, we'll give Kura the go ahead to make her threads to see how that goes. :)
We expect the forum beta period will only be about a month long.

Honest

Hi!
Years
^I approve this message.

Incredibly happy this is actually taking place, everyone should pat themselves on the back. Especially you Nick!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I don't get it, is this a section made purely for AMA threads or is there supposed to be more to it? If so I really don't understand why this has crept out of blogs to warrant a whole forum... If you want to get to know someone don't you usually just say "hi"?

Back