• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeartGold hack: Pokémon Heart Red - Red/Blue Remake for Nintendo DS

Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2020
When is the next beta coming? Been wanting to replay Kanto for a while now?

It's been a bit delayed for various reasons. It shouldn't be much longer.
The Game Rejects The Save State I Have From Before I Updated

Save states are incompatible between versions.

Load your save state in the version you made it in, then save the game normally (to the battery). Use the battery save on the newest version of the ROM.

Years
Hello everyone. So I made sure to read through all the threads or replies. I'm kinda new to this forum stuff but seems simple enough. First I would like to thank triggerhappy187 and everyone else who made this ROM hack possible. I've never played a NDS Pokemon games before so this ROM hack would generally be my first one in NDS Style. I've tried to hack ROMs before but I've had no success. Anyways I've played all Pokemon games up to leafgreen and FireRed. Just last year I decided to replay FireRed on my phone and then I bumped into ROM hacks and got hooked. Mostly play GBA hacks on my boy emulator. Sorry for the rant but just wanted to share lol.

Okay so for the real reason I came here for. I've played through the game. I downloaded this ROM hack from a website called operationidroid I bumped into on YouTube one day. I saw your ROM hack and saw voltsy from YouTube play it. I really liked it and wanted to try it myself. So I have the version 0.4.7.3 and yeah there were some bugs. So I beat Brock and Misty easy peasy. Then when I went to Vermillion to go and get HM Cut from the SS Anne. Little did I know these trainers are like OP and well all my Pokemon were K.O. since I was under leveled. I decided to grind outside of saffron city. How did I get inside? Well the only entrances that block you is the north one. The South, East, and West entrances let you come in and out as you please. When I go to battle trainers on the East entrance there's this doubles battle to comes up but as soon as the battle started, the game glitched and froze up. Then I accidentally went inside the saffron gym and battled the trainers inside (you know to grind levels faster) when my char could be strong enough to take the SS Anne trainers. Keep in mind that I did not beat Sabrina because she has a super strong Espeon. So after I lost to Sabrina I went back to the SS Anne thinking I leveled up close enough to maybe survive all those trainers and finally get the HM Cut. I talked to the sailor outside and told me I was the last person. So I go in and the ship sets sail. But as soon as the scene to being inside the ship plays, the sailor inside is literally standing there blocking my way. I talk to him and he says he will let us know when we arrive to our destination. I was like what?? So I walked outside because since he's blocking me to get inside I can walk out. I thought maybe walking out and talking to the outside sailor might work. I was wrong. The sailor inside is still standing there blocking my way inside the SS Anne. I was wondering if it's my version of this ROM or is this my fault for walking in Sabrina's gym and battling those trainers? Is there a way I can fix this? Should I try to get the newer version? I'm willing to learn how to "patch" a game with the hack. Or should I just start a new clean game? I really don't want to restart all over but if I have too I will. Again thank you to everyone who made this possible.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 13, 2018
Hello everyone. So I made sure to read through all the threads or replies. I'm kinda new to this forum stuff but seems simple enough. First I would like to thank triggerhappy187 and everyone else who made this ROM hack possible. I've never played a NDS Pokemon games before so this ROM hack would generally be my first one in NDS Style. I've tried to hack ROMs before but I've had no success. Anyways I've played all Pokemon games up to leafgreen and FireRed. Just last year I decided to replay FireRed on my phone and then I bumped into ROM hacks and got hooked. Mostly play GBA hacks on my boy emulator. Sorry for the rant but just wanted to share lol.

Okay so for the real reason I came here for. I've played through the game. I downloaded this ROM hack from a website called operationidroid I bumped into on YouTube one day. I saw your ROM hack and saw voltsy from YouTube play it. I really liked it and wanted to try it myself. So I have the version 0.4.7.3 and yeah there were some bugs. So I beat Brock and Misty easy peasy. Then when I went to Vermillion to go and get HM Cut from the SS Anne. Little did I know these trainers are like OP and well all my Pokemon were K.O. since I was under leveled. I decided to grind outside of saffron city. How did I get inside? Well the only entrances that block you is the north one. The South, East, and West entrances let you come in and out as you please. When I go to battle trainers on the East entrance there's this doubles battle to comes up but as soon as the battle started, the game glitched and froze up. Then I accidentally went inside the saffron gym and battled the trainers inside (you know to grind levels faster) when my char could be strong enough to take the SS Anne trainers. Keep in mind that I did not beat Sabrina because she has a super strong Espeon. So after I lost to Sabrina I went back to the SS Anne thinking I leveled up close enough to maybe survive all those trainers and finally get the HM Cut. I talked to the sailor outside and told me I was the last person. So I go in and the ship sets sail. But as soon as the scene to being inside the ship plays, the sailor inside is literally standing there blocking my way. I talk to him and he says he will let us know when we arrive to our destination. I was like what?? So I walked outside because since he's blocking me to get inside I can walk out. I thought maybe walking out and talking to the outside sailor might work. I was wrong. The sailor inside is still standing there blocking my way inside the SS Anne. I was wondering if it's my version of this ROM or is this my fault for walking in Sabrina's gym and battling those trainers? Is there a way I can fix this? Should I try to get the newer version? I'm willing to learn how to "patch" a game with the hack. Or should I just start a new clean game? I really don't want to restart all over but if I have too I will. Again thank you to everyone who made this possible.

Currently the game is incomplete and he is working on a new version that will be out eventually. You were playing a version that did have a lot of untied ends, so I would recommend starting a new save when the next version comes out (this is also mostly because you went further than you were supposed to). Also patching on PC/Mac is fairly easy and acquiring the ROM file is still easy as ever, just make sure to use DeSmuME to emulate it.

Years
Currently the game is incomplete and he is working on a new version that will be out eventually. You were playing a version that did have a lot of untied ends, so I would recommend starting a new save when the next version comes out (this is also mostly because you went further than you were supposed to). Also patching on PC/Mac is fairly easy and acquiring the ROM file is still easy as ever, just make sure to use DeSmuME to emulate it.

Oh okay thank you for replying. I shall do that when the new version comes out. Also I've been playing on my Android phone using "Free DS for Android 6" since I couldn't find DraStic for free on Google play. I wanted to buy the full version but wasn't sure if my LG Stylo 2 could handle it. Im running Nougat 7.0 I really don't play games on my computer but if it's the last resort to play HR then so be it. Thanks again.

Back